Page 49 of 268 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 6682
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    You can either be pissed about this forever, or just occasionally clean the fridge. Being passive aggressive about a habit your partner is oblivious to only hurts you as she clearly doesn't care.

Only took me six years to figure this out.
    How about the reality, not just concept, of time? Can you just be straight up aggressive? That's one I just can't get over.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Come home from a mtn bike ride and the kitchen looks like the back bar at last call at your favorite dive bar the night before stay at home orders start.

“What the hell is going on?”

“I’m making cocktails for all my gal pals for so and so’s birthday zoom call tomorrow and I’m going to ride my bike around and deliver them tonight in these cute little mason jars.”

“That’s a cool idea. Need me to do anything?”

“Nah, just relax...I bet you’re pooped, it was pretty hot out.”

Cool. I go out to the shed, burn one down, pour a glass of nice bourbon and plop down on the sofa and watch whatever I haven’t watched on Netflix yet.

An hour and a half later, she comes in and asks what’s going on in the kitchen.

“Nothing since you left.”

“I thought it would be nice if you would have done the dishes. This is a mess.”

“Yeah, I’ll remember that the next time I have six or seven buddies over on a bender and we leave things looking like this.”

Then I got up and started doing dishes. She eventually perceived my mood and helped with an apology so there’s that.
    Early on in our relationship, we discovered that we have entirely different kitchen etiquette. I wipe down the counter and wash dishes between tasks, my wife not so much. When our daughter was about 3, I told her mummy looks like the swedish chef at work. Of course the little princess needed to see who was the swedish chef. A couple of youtube videos of the muppets skits later and she is howling with laughter.
    Wife was very good natured about it all, especially as I always appreciate her efforts at the table, and I don't mind cleaning up afterwards while she settles down our daughter before bed. But every once in awhile, daughter observes mummy preparing a meal and comes over to me giggling and says mummy is going swedish chef tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    How about the reality, not just concept, of time? Can you just be straight up aggressive? That's one I just can't get over.
    I adjust any statement about time from the better half by about 2 hours. Wife standard time, "I'll be there at 11" means, I'll start to think about being there at 11 and actually be there around 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then.
    Katharine Hepburn
    Duplex might be a good setup

My buddy Jack figured it out, but it takes the right girl. Lives a few blocks away from her, both have their own money and places. Hang out a lot, trips, etc, but still their own places when they need some "me time" for themselves. Not married but together for about 30 years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I saw this movie once where this guy keeps the girl in the cellar in an old well. The chick was pretty pissed, but the arrangement seemed to work ok.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

My dad and stepmom each have their own bedrooms.

I’m so jealous of them.

My wife and I go to bed at different times, wake up at different times, all we do is interrupt each other’s sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fuck, you're a trooper. I won't even date someone if their sleep schedule differs much from mine.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    As long as you factor in the time you spend complaining about it or thinking about it, I imagine it's a time saver to just suck it up, but you may also get some value from feeling superior, so you'll have to run the math yourself on if it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I saw this movie once where this guy keeps the girl in the cellar in an old well. The chick was pretty pissed, but the arrangement seemed to work ok.
    Was that the one where she moisturized regularly? I think that movie sent a good message about skin care.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

It puts the lotion on its skin.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Fuck, you're a trooper. I won't even date someone if their sleep schedule differs much from mine.
    Well at first we were on the same page, get high, sex, sleep, go to work, repeat.

Then the kid happened.

I need about 5hrs of sleep, she needs 8 or is a mess.

Men and women were never meant to share sleeping surfaces. It’s a sham set up by Big Mattress to get us to buy bigger and more technical beds to make us feel like we’re in bed alone to improve sleep.

PUT THE FUCKING LOTION IN THE BASKET!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    put in a bidet 8 weeks ago when the TP shortage happened ... still on the same roll eh
    Mine went in shortly after separation 3-ish years ago. Think I'm still on the same 12 pack of TP I bought right after that. The bidet seat is truly one of mankind's greatest accomplishments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Men and women were never meant to share sleeping surfaces. It’s a sham set up by Big Mattress to get us to buy bigger and more technical beds to make us feel like we’re in bed alone to improve sleep.

Do you have a root cellar?

I think the sleeping together thing is an anachronism from our cave dwelling days. Caves were cold scary places with spiders. Chicks don't like that shit, especially the spiders. So it became something guys had to do. Today, most of us live indoors, have heat, and except for a few dirtbags here, a relative lack of spiders in the house. So, there's really no reason for this anymore.

Do you have a root cellar?

I think the sleeping together thing is an anachronism from our cave dwelling days. Caves were cold scary places with spiders. Chicks don't like that shit, especially the spiders. So it became something guys had to do. Today, most of us live indoors, have heat, and except for a few dirtbags here, a relative lack of spiders in the house. So, there's really no reason for this anymore.
    You don't really live in VT, do you? No spiders in su casa? How can that be?

I had ladybugs. Perhaps they ate the spiders? The ladybugs in VT are a PITA.

If the extent of your female grumbling is related to lady bugs I’d say you’re doing something right or something really wrong.

After some years of marriage, I believe I have reached a plateau where I understand 85-90% of the way the female mind works. My bird is fairly easy to figure out though. I'm not trying to get to 100%, because I think the last 10% should remain a mystery.

After some years of marriage, I believe I have reached a plateau where I understand 85-90% of the way the female mind works. .

That’s cute she lets you think that.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I'm 3 years in, you gave me hope.
    Ms Boissal is physically incapable of throwing stuff out of the fridge. We have some long running bacterial cultures in the back that I keep hoping she'll eventually deal with after I pointed them out a few times. Instead she builds little walls of stuff in front of them so they're out of sight.
    He favorite thing is to leave a speck of something in a jar so it doesn't have to be thrown away. As in a small spoonful of yogurt, a smear of jam, or my latest favorite, 1 slice of pickled jalapeno in a quart jar. It's been there for a month and I will not eat it on principle (even though I really want to).
    The corollary to this one is opening a new jar of something before the old one is empty. Very annoying.

Guys - did you know that various towels can only be used for certain things? I used the 'wrong' towel after showing yesterday, and received a formal towel use education.

It's serious stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Guys - did you know that various towels can only be used for certain things? I used the 'wrong' towel after showing yesterday, and received a formal towel use education.

It's serious stuff.
    And don't just assume you can use any pillow!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    And don't just assume you can use any pillow!
    Pillows omg. We actually have extra (throw?) pillows on standby in the storage room in case the ones that no one uses on the couch need to be updated or replaced.

Pro tip: Throw pillows are a perfect low cost way to spruce up the look of a room. Tell her the new pillows look great and let her buy all the pillows she wants as re-upholstering the couch or god forbid, buying a new one is $$$$ .