Page 204 of 265 FirstFirst ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 6622
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Apparently not. And the set list looks ridiculous.

Mostly Kill’em All, Ride the Lightning, Justice for All, and Master of Puppets. None of that newer garbage.
    Can they still play that shit?

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

says the man who probably startled himself awake this morning with a snore or a fart
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Seems like it,

Blitzkrieg from a month ago.

https://youtu.be/nap16VRkUD8

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    100% YES.

cutting grape tomatoes in half? small knife
    cutting an apple? small knife
    cutting carrots? small knife
    cutting a head of lettuce? small knife, obviously struggling
    cutting a watermelon? I can't watch!
    I provided you the solution. Now you are the problem again. And thank her for her check clearing so fast. So rare these days.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I though Metallica was dead?
    I see James in the supermarket all the time. I've had beers with him. He gives all the zero no fucks. But still very much rolling stones alive.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    says the man who probably startled himself awake this morning with a snore or a fart
    Instead of a text of your highschool ex reconnected who sharted her white couch. Now that's a keeper, but she can't. Too soon?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

college

keep trying counselor

have another
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

They were my #2 on Spotify this year, just behind Slayer. I hated Metallica for many years but have gotten back into their music now that I'm old. I've realized that it is 100X better than anything else coming out these days, even the not-old stuff.

And my wife puts on Metallica when we are driving to appease me.
    Last edited by Name Redacted; 12-08-2022 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    100% YES.

cutting grape tomatoes in half? small knife
    cutting an apple? small knife
    cutting carrots? small knife
    cutting a head of lettuce? small knife, obviously struggling
    cutting a watermelon? I can't watch!
    Ms TBS uses a filleting knife for everything. And uses the granite countertop as cutting board. I have my phone ready with 911 - just need to push the go button- whenever she juliennes carrots

Early on I tried to show her proper use of chef’s knife, slicers, filet. It was a good learning experience - for me…

To her credit she amazingly has not cut herself - that I know of anyway.

I'd go to a Metallica show if they didn't crank it up so loud that you can't hear it. Cue my stories about seeing and hearing (without going inside) Metallica in the 802.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    They were my #2 on Spotify this year, just behind Slayer. I hated Metallica for many years but have gotten back into their music now that I'm old. I've realized that it is 100X better than anything else coming out these days, even the not-old stuff.

And my wife puts on Metallica when we are driving to appease me.
    Who knew?

Last time I saw/listened to Metallica was around 1992. It was a great (really loud) show. Not familiar with any of their work after that date. Dunno why, really.

I do know a friend's 18yo daughter recently booked tickets to see them in New Jersey next summer, so perhaps they are back in style?

Who knew?

Last time I saw/listened to Metallica was around 1992. It was a great (really loud) show. Not familiar with any of their work after that date. Dunno why, really.

I do know a friend's 18yo daughter recently booked tickets to see them in New Jersey next summer, so perhaps they are back in style?
    Middle / High schoolers wearing Slayer and Metallica shirts. Hell, my 7yr old had a Pink Floyd T-shirt bought at Target.

Is that considered "Classic Metal" now?

Is that considered "Classic Metal" now?
    It’s all cyclical, when I was in 7th grade in the early 90’s I was into Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Hendrix, etc. same shit. However that Metallica concert tour will be over 80% people in their 40’s and 50’s.

I can tell you why. Because those guys were on FIRE in the 80s and all the way through their self-title album in '91. SO many great tracks from their glory years. Then they milked those hits for the next 5 years or so til they released Load, then Reload, then another 5 years til St. Anger. All kind of "meh" albums IMO. When a band is as groundbreaking as they were in their prime, releasing hit after hit after hit, it's probably really hard to recapture that. I'm with you. I kind of stopped caring about them past the mid-90s. I still pretty much only like their older stuff.

Yup! Same reason that Kate Bush made a surprise comeback out of the blue with an old song from 1985... STRANGER THINGS. When I heard that "Running Up That Hill" had reached #1 on the UK pop charts, I was seriously confused. And then I saw that season of Stranger Things that had key scenes that highlighted that track and Master of Puppets and then it all made sense. Teh Yutes love that show, and now all of a sudden they're into 80s music. Rock on!!!

Cracked me up though when I saw a conversation recounted online between a mom and her daughter. Daughter: "WhAT?! YoU KnoW wHO KaTE BuSH IS?!!!" Mom: sigh... [FACEPALM]

All this Heavy Metal talk might need to go to the Things that Amuses thread.

Last night watching the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame show, I 'learned' that Judas Priest was the 'groundbreakers' with the leather, studs, chains & Harleys. It was humorous watching Rob Hafford strutting the stage in leather and a gray beard & bald head. Several other artists performed their 40 plus year old hits. Great to see them, but they're voices are past prime. Still brought the stoke, however.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

We're in a 100+ year old house where no matter how we tinker with the registers, some rooms are cold and others run warm. We heat with natural gas, and the bill is like 3x what we used to pay in Portland. Wife asked me to help her set up her bike trainer in one of the warm rooms, and she's doing her first workout there now. I was up there dialing things in and she casually mentioned that she'd be working out with the window open.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I'd go to a Metallica show if they didn't crank it up so loud that you can't hear it. Cue my stories about seeing and hearing (without going inside) Metallica in the 802.
    I think it means yer an adult now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzEmtD3IO1Y

at least in Canada eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I told my wife I want to go to the Metallica / Pantera concert in Seattle in 2024 at Lumen Field (yes they are already selling tickets).

She wants to go with me…..

I worry I’ll revert back to teenager and start high-stepping while throwing elbows in the mosh pit and she’ll divorce me.

Not sure what to do. I can’t sit in my seat and toe tap.

First world problems.

Let's wife swap for a night, my wife would absolutely love to go see Metallica and get an elbow to the boob accidentally.

I like metal too but not Metallica and the prices when they came to SLC was astronomical

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Let's wife swap for a night, my wife would absolutely love to go see Metallica and get an elbow to the boob accidentally.

I like metal too but not Metallica and the prices when they came to SLC was astronomical
    Your proposal has been accepted.

PM incoming…

I love metal, but I am lazy as fuck and all the bands I want to see only do GA shows. I love you, but I stand for no band.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I love metal, but I am lazy as fuck and all the bands I want to see only do GA shows. I love you, but I stand for no band.
    Liv be like:

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post

Your proposal has been accepted.

PM incoming…

Quoted for posterity. Folks, we heard it here first.

I saw Metallica at th old Mile High stadium in Denver. Sounds was horrible, seats were horrible. That was 25 years ago and I didn't really like them then.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Who else is this true for?

Attachment 436947
    So much truth in this.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    ...I stand for no band.
    So no dancing? Sad.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...