Page 60 of 265 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 6620
    yeah - my oldest is in the same place she was - a graduating senior. he is happy and successful and she is no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Eventually you reach a point where you can't physically cry anymore, so you stop. It feels weird not to be crying at first, but then you get hungry or feel like you need a shower, so for a little while you eat or do some other basic thing it takes to keep on living. Then the tears hit you like a freight train and you start all over. The periods between crying ever so slowly get longer. It's been almost eight years, I still miss my baby girl so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    My wife's daughter killed herself at 15 years old.

Edit: meh, I had a bunch of words, but there are no words. She's unimaginably strong and it's unimaginably heavy.
    Fuck, so sorry to hear that from you two and anyone else. My ex and I lost two babies and I still can't put words to how it made me feel and how I still feel about it. With regards to these situations it was helpful to talk about it and realize how many people had had the same experiences that we had. If I learned nothing else it's to be honest about these situations because it could help someone else who is struggling.

G
    Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Fuck, so sorry to hear that from you two and anyone else. My ex and I lost two babies and I still can't put words to how it made me feel and how I still feel about it. With regards to these situations it was helpful to talk about it and realize how many people had had the same experiences that we had. If I learned nothing else it's to be honest about these situations because it could help someone else who is struggling.
    Two?!? Fuck, dude.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    oh fuck dude. 100%. One of my best friend's daughter died in a super-random car crash at 18. Freshman in college. Four people in the car, she was the only one that even got seriously hurt. Spectacular absolutely beautiful girl. A wild spirit. A completely free person, she was up for and open to anything. She was in the front seat and had just unbuckled her seat belt to turn around and talk to the people in back. Got thrown out the window and the car rolled over her.

I seriously don't think I could survive that. I would not live long. How he -they- have is beyond me. I'm about to cry just thinking about it.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...highlight=Alex
    I knows you don't venture outta the padded room much
    but I puts some vans in that thread and cried again
    reminded me of alec b
    coreshot offered vibes
    blue screen got angry
    buttaflakes cunted
    and skier long form post j is petitioning the mod squad to lock the thread
    send the soli email and ill stop by and fire up the audi
    if I can git in
    good chattins, that was one of the better 1/2 hours I spent last week
    ida gone new dog for ice woman
    new boat for iceman and cry if you don't gits it
    but what do I know
    if im lucky i'll milk out another 23 years of before the laws of man and god I ask you to be my wife
    to cherish honor and obey spancership
    what was that crazy girl thinkin

oh and fer the record
    "I never had no plans to lead this kinda life"
    ive been duped
    and it just kinda worked out this way
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Ugh, started early yesterday due to work from home and overshared. Sorry for the heavy turn in the light-hearted complaint thread.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Ugh, started early yesterday due to work from home and overshared. Sorry for the heavy turn in the light-hearted complaint thread.
    Bah. It’s the padded room. No need to apologize for anything other than polyassery

Hugs and love for all you that lost a child. Or a teen. I can’t imagine the pain.

Gots teens now, and searching for warning signs. The social media must make it even worse on them today.
    . . .

[QUOTE=Core Shot;5989428] Hugs and love for all you that lost a child. Or a teen. I can’t imagine the pain. [QUOTE]

Plus a couple. Really sorry to hear that concrete
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

Gots teens now, and searching for warning signs. The social media must make it even worse on them today.
    In my opinion it absolutely does, or at least can. I don't know how you manage it though.

In my opinion it absolutely does, or at least can. I don't know how you manage it though.
    Make them throw their phones away and no social media on the computer? I wonder if you can access their accounts daily to see if there is any BS going on. Other kids can be so hateful and that stuff needs to be kept in check before the kid melts down. So glad I missed that. Teen years were hard enough.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

On the flip side it's also easier for the kids to find a group of kids who mesh with their interests through social media and they're not isolated.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

what matters most is what goes on at home

Don't even have kids and the thought of managing social media seems like a nightmare.

it's not always - mine don't give a shit. the youngest watches youtubes of gamers. i don't get it, but he is a good kid and I couldn't ask for a more well behaved considerate 13 year old boy.

A good friend of mine has a fourteen year old girl who spends all her time face timing her friends. it's very innocuous and innocent. the world is not ending because of social media

What the fuck happened in here in the ~3 days since I last checked in???

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    What the fuck happened in here in the ~3 days since I last checked in???
    I know.

I am seriously considering deleting the thread. I’ve been sitting here trying to come up with a funny story to start to turn it around.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I know.

I am seriously considering deleting the thread. I’ve been sitting here trying to come up with a funny story to start to turn it around.
    Please don't delete. Everyone needs a place to share even its not good. Great group here to listen and share good and bad.

Sending everyone light and love for the holiday weekend. Stay safe and be careful!

Five days out from our 25th anniversary, how the fuck did that happen?
    Holy Shit boys.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Make them throw their phones away
    OK, Boomer.

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

OK.
    Got a bait-and-switch this morning.
    I’m sitting here drinking my morning coffee watching the hummingbirds, and Mrs. plug comes down from one of her 5000 Zoom meetings upstairs and comes up behind me and gives me a hug and brushes her cheek against my ear. I’m thinking: “Yahoo! I’m gonna get boned!”
    I look back and she says quietly:
    “Hey, ya know that text I sent you? You know the insurance guy? Could you call him and reschedule our conference call?”
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Holy Shit boys.
    HA! Congrats! This June 9th will be our be our 36th wedding anniversary and 40 years together. We had great seats to see Steely Dan and Steve Winwood on the 9th, but the Corona fucked that plan up. I need to come up with something good for my girl.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Holy Shit boys.
    Congrats Buttah.

Aaannnd, enjoy the long weekend everyone!
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Thanks boys, crazy how time slips away.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    HA! Congrats! This June 9th will be our be our 36th wedding anniversary and 40 years together. We had great seats to see Steely Dan and Steve Winwood on the 9th, but the Corona fucked that plan up. I need to come up with something good for my girl.
    If you have to stay home create a nice Steely Dan/Winwood playlist. Do up a nice stay at home night.

Cook whatever she wants, make whatever drink she wants.

If you can do it have someone come in to cook/mix the drinks.

No driving, a few extra drinks in your own environment and I’m sure you will make the most of it.

36 years, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    OK.
    Got a bait-and-switch this morning.
    I’m sitting here drinking my morning coffee watching the hummingbirds, and Mrs. plug comes down from one of her 5000 Zoom meetings upstairs and comes up behind me and gives me a hug and brushes her cheek against my ear. I’m thinking: “Yahoo! I’m gonna get boned!”
    I look back and she says quietly:
    “Hey, ya know that text I sent you? You know the insurance guy? Could you call him and reschedule our conference call?”
    wow, hope springs eternal. You are a glass half full guy aren't you. I'm gonna get boned... Hah!