Page 98 of 267 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 6656
    Sticks? You guys are lucky. I picked my wife up from the airport. One of her suitcases was extremely heavy. I asked her if she had rocks in it. She laughed. When it was opened at home, it was full of rocks. She was coming back from NM I think--she likes to collect pretty rocks although they looked pretty ordinary to me.
    There are lots of large rocks on our property and down by the water where we swim, kayak, float and throw a flip flop for the dog to chase. Apparently none of these rocks are where they should be. My wife's hobby is moving them, or more accurately, having me move them. When our young friends a couple of doors down are here she has them move the rocks. Our own kids will have no part of it.

IME those ^^ are usually the somewhat nerdy scinetific types
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Sticks? You guys are lucky. I picked my wife up from the airport. One of her suitcases was extremely heavy. I asked her if she had rocks in it. She laughed. When it was opened at home, it was full of rocks. She was coming back from NM I think--she likes to collect pretty rocks although they looked pretty ordinary to me.
    There are lots of large rocks on our property and down by the water where we swim, kayak, float and throw a flip flop for the dog to chase. Apparently none of these rocks are where they should be. My wife's hobby is moving them, or more accurately, having me move them. When our young friends a couple of doors down are here she has them move the rocks. Our own kids will have no part of it.
    My wife has this same weird habit. Women are slowly eroding our beloved mountains.

Have you told her the joke about geologists?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Yep. I keep a bag of funsize snickers in the center console of my 4runner for when my wife gets hangry. Car snacks are clutch because you are stuck next to her with no out for hours on end. The first time i pulled that move she was giving me hell from the passenger seat for something or other, so in the middle of her ranting I just calmly reached in the center console, grabbed a snickers and asked if she would like one. She grabbed it proceeded to tell me off about how she wasnt fucking hangry (while eating it). Magically 5 minutes later when her blood sugar returned to acceptable levels she was kind, caring, and nice again.
    Given the risks of terrible California drivers and general Tahoe crowds potentially stranding my girlfriend and I for hours in non-moving traffic I've added a jetboil, water, utensils, and some mountainhouse food to the back of the 4runner. Easier to make her a hot meal than deal with the hangryness.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    My wife has this same weird habit. Women are slowly eroding our beloved mountains.
    Not my wife. She generally prefers that I carry the rocks uphill, so she's rebuilding the mountains. Someday the Tahoe Sierra will rival the Himalaya.

I collect rocks. Small ones, that fit in my pocket. My wife throws them in a pile outside the front door behind the bushes. It actually is a pretty good arrangement. She got a little agitated when the kids started doing it too.

My wife rockhounds and it's impressive, not annoying. It's not my favorite way to spend an afternoon in remote parts of the desert but the shit she finds is really cool. It's not just 'pretty rocks'

Man, I wish my wife would get occupied with rocks and sticks.

Instead I got paint samples on every dam wall and a revolving delivery & return of different style curtains.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My Dad couldn't go for a hike (or travel) without bringing home some souvenir rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Man, I wish my wife would get occupied with rocks and sticks.

Instead I got paint samples on every dam wall and a revolving delivery & return of different style curtains.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    yeah but does she walk around with paint sample cards in her purse ?

i went out with a woman carried them with her

she was also into the rocks

edit: I know I hung out with 2 women whom were into rocks but lost track/couldnt remember one of them, the paint samples jogged my memory
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

X whatever on the wife collecting rocks. She will fill floor of driftboat and take specific trips to spots in MT for rocks and crystals. Every flat spot in our house is covered. The extra bedroom has a rock tumbler and she keeps saying she needs a lapridary saw. She actually has some pretty cool rocks. Where we live also has multiple rock shops so I tell her she needs to start making some money of her habit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Collecting cool looking rocks, polishing them up, that sort of thing is cool. Bringing home ordinary rocks that got thrown in the garden and never looked at again is another thing. But I do take comfort, great comfort, in knowing that I'm not the only one with a wife that's into rocks. I love you guys. [sniff]

You guys are going to feel horrible when your wives get together and launch a rock and sticks home decor corporate empire...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

you guys are lucky.... my husband keeps receipts and can never get rid of them. oh, and soaps and shampoo, conditioner and body lotion from hotels. even the partially used hand soap. And he doesn’t even use the conditioner or body lotion. Neither do I - I have my normal brands.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    sounds pasta agressive

thats when you undercook the spaghetti on purpose to fuck up her digestion
    Damn dood ..... that's diabolical.

Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    you guys are lucky.... my husband keeps receipts and can never get rid of them. oh, and soaps and shampoo, conditioner and body lotion from hotels. even the partially used hand soap. And he doesn’t even use the conditioner or body lotion. Neither do I - I have my normal brands.
    Its been a hard year for hotels, we are coming after those

Some future archaeologist:

“There is evidence to suggest that people from this settlement traveled hundreds and sometimes thousands of miles to trade or collect rocks. It appears they were used to decorate shrines in their homes.”

My wife started decorating her rocks with twine embellishments. This box lives under our coffee table. Some come out quite nicely!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	68296CB9-533C-4E90-AD33-321C15B976F0.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	578.3 KB 
ID:	364442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62164524-F237-437A-86B1-88C8674CEF46.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	788.9 KB 
ID:	364443  

Not my wife. She generally prefers that I carry the rocks uphill, so she's rebuilding the mountains. Someday the Tahoe Sierra will rival the Himalaya.
    Well in that case, get to work!

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    My wife started decorating her rocks with twine embellishments. This box lives under our coffee table. Some come out quite nicely!
    That's cool. She may be practicing to that on you.
    BTW, speaking of rocks, not necessarily wives, what's with the recent passion for building piles of them all over the back country that have nothing to do with trails?

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    Donate the hotel toiletries. Find a local abused women's shelter or similarly named. These places are under the radar and don't seek publicity. They really value hotel sized toiletries and will say if you come across more we'd love to have them...
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

That's cool. She may be practicing to that on you.
    BTW, speaking of rocks, not necessarily wives, what's with the recent passion for building piles of them all over the back country that have nothing to do with trails?
    Cairns. I usually kick them over. I think most people have no clue that they are supposed to serve a purpose as location markers.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Cairns. I usually kick them over. I think most people have no clue that they are supposed to serve a purpose as location markers.
    well there are Cairns and I hope you arent kicking down those that actually are cairns. I assume you're not.

What I think it really is, its that silly pasttime of rock balancing. most people suck at it...but agree Cairns serve a huge purpose especially above treeline.

^^ yes, of course.