Page 152 of 267 FirstFirst ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 6656
    How about the gas thing (for vehicles, not people)? Seriously every fucking time I drive Mrs. Seano's car, the fuel gauge is ALWAYS hovering right above 'E'......WTF.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Name:  meme.jpeg
Views: 463
Size:  62.5 KB
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    How about the gas thing (for vehicles, not people)? Seriously every fucking time I drive Mrs. Seano's car, the fuel gauge is ALWAYS hovering right above 'E'......WTF.
    Ah! It's not just me, then! Seriously. WTF is up with chicks' aversion to filling up the car? My poor brother will come home after a business trip and between his wife and daughter, ALL vehicles are running on fumes. Even the damn ATVs. They run out of gas, then just use another one. Run that one dry too, and hop in the next one. (They have a lot of old farm vehicles) He gets furious. Poor guy. Haha.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Ah! It's not just me, then! Seriously. WTF is up with chicks' aversion to filling up the car? My poor brother will come home after a business trip and between his wife and daughter, ALL vehicles are running on fumes. Even the damn ATVs. They run out of gas, then just use another one. Run that one dry too, and hop in the next one. (They have a lot of old farm vehicles) He gets furious. Poor guy. Haha.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    LOL....Gold.
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Same and now the not quite 17 yo has taken after mom in such a short time.
    I’ve already put my head on the chopping block telling them both I’m going to laugh at you hard when you run out of gas.
    Drives me absolutely nuts. Just stop at the gas station, this isn’t hard.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quarter tank means fill up for me. The wife HAS to wait until the gas warning light is on.

Some weird female thing, they need the machine to tell them what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Mine too. Wtf?

Maybe the gas fairy will appear and fill it while they sleep?

My daughter has actually said to me that she likes when the gas fairy just takes care of it so she doesn’t have to.
    Referring to the day before she first drove to school and that dad filled it up the night before and washed the outside.
    At least she tells me she’s a good kid

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Ah! It's not just me, then! Seriously. WTF is up with chicks' aversion to filling up the car?
    Not just you. I bought the Missus the first brand new car either of us have ever owned a couple months ago. She’s become overly protective of this Mommobile Grocerygetter and parks it as far away from other cars as she possibly can. She bought fancy seat covers so the kids don’t ruin the interior, and has forbidden food from being eaten within, yet seems incapable of using my fuel card to fill the tank more than half full, and only gets gas when it’s an emergency.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

I love my GF and she's a very competent nurse, but after dating and climbing for 10+ years she still messes up tying an 8.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Exactly.
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Mine too. Wtf?

Maybe the gas fairy will appear and fill it while they sleep?
    My wife believes that every car has an auxiliary tank that kicks in and you get at least 30 miles after you hit E

I never researched it because I fill up at quarter tank.

I once drove my Tundra 33 miles after the light came on because I had no choice. Nerve wracking. How do people drive like this?

Most cars will go 60 miles at their average mpg when the light comes on.

That said, my wife is the same. She'll simply say "my car needs gas" when it's below about 1/4

I've tried all of the smartass answers, but the result is that I'm roped into filling it up 90+% of the time.

I hate getting gas. The longer I go with the gas light on the less times in my life I will have to get gas. Every time you can push it a little farther and it does suck to run out of gas but then you know how far you can go.

My new truck tells me how many miles I can go but the lowest I've brought down to is 10. Im not sure how accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvelinusconfluentus View Post
    I hate getting gas. The longer I go with the gas light on the less times in my life I will have to get gas. Every time you can push it a little farther and it does suck to run out of gas but then you know how far you can go.

My new truck tells me how many miles I can go but the lowest I've brought down to is 10. Im not sure how accurate.
    Years ago my buddy had mid-90s Jeep GC… one of the first cars with an MTE number displayed. The light would turn on and it would say “30 Miles”, then 10 miles later it would display “20”, then “10”, then “0”, then “00”, then “- -“….. never saw what was after the double dashes.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

My wife believes the car will immediately stop when the distance to empty display hits 0. Those things are not that accurate and have plenty of padding, I get at least 20 more miles or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    My wife believes the car will immediately stop when the distance to empty display hits 0. Those things are not that accurate and have plenty of padding, I get at least 20 more miles or so.
    Shhhhhhh, dude, I’m tired of being the gas monkey. Take your science to the RatFlu thread,,,,,,,
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    So, I have never tested my car (Sequoia) all the way to true empty. But the light comes on first, then the "distance to empty" hits zero maybe twenty miles later. I have driven maybe 10 miles past that "zero", and when I filled up, it took maybe 22 gallons. My manual says I have a 26 gallon tank. What's the deal?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Ha, my wife is neither too dumb nor too lazy to gas up, she just knows I'm too neurotic to not fill it if it's at 1/4 or below. So inevitably, she has some excuse for me to drive her truck whenever it gets low. Every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvelinusconfluentus View Post

Some cars rely on having some fuel in the tank to cool the fuel pump. If you run them near dry eventually the fuel pump overheats one time too many and dies. Ask my wife why I know this.

We were on a freeway approaching a gas station with the next one a long way, basically home. I say we need to fill up. She says no, we can make it. I say, what if you're right. We get home 10 minutes later. What if I'm right? We're calling a tow truck. I still lost the argument.

Name:  IMG_4964.JPG
Views: 338
Size:  29.4 KB