Page 154 of 265 FirstFirst ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 6620
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    So in an effort to save 5 minutes at the pump, one would risk sitting on the side of the freeway on a hot (or arctic) day, waiting hours for roadside assistance to come rescue? Solid logic there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Hey genius.

I was responding to the guy who said they would need a tow truck if they run out of gas.

Try to keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    You know AAA isn’t insurance right?

They do have an insurance division but that’s separate from road service.

Yes I used to work there years ago (not insurance sales)

Isn’t paying for roadside assistance an insurance? It’s like rescue insurance

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

It an Auto Club Membership dammit!!!

I'm telling ya, you need full gas cans strapped to the side of your vehicles and a tent on top in case you get stranded. The GOTOS people have this figured out.

Don't forget the mayo.

It an Auto Club Membership dammit!!!

My add on roadside assistance with State Farm is cheaper than AAA. Priceless having teenagers driving.

My add on roadside assistance with State Farm is cheaper than AAA. Priceless having teenagers driving.

Yea but will they tow your RV up to 200 miles?

Plus the discounts, travel agents, etc. some nice girls in your local Wenatchee location.

For the record, ketchup and mustard does not extend your fuel range.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post

Don't forget the mayo.
    Now you are outta line sir.......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I once drove my Tundra 33 miles after the light came on because I had no choice. Nerve wracking. How do people drive like this?
    I once drove my old Grand Cherokee from the Santiam Y to Sisters with the computer telling me I had zero miles to empty. Shoulda gassed up in Detroit…

Yea but will they tow your RV up to 200 miles?

Plus the discounts, travel agents, etc. some nice girls in your local Wenatchee location.

While I still maintain a AAA membership with the premier coverage, I probably should drop it at this point. One of the bigger benefits--the RV coverage--is now dollar-limited rather than tied to a max distance, and I don't think you'd get anywhere near 200 miles for most rigs under the current model.

When I was driving cheap cars, I got my money's worth. Now that my wife has a new car again, I need to rethink the coverage level.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

For the record I have roadside assistance from State Farm and for the record running out of gas so that you can wait for an hour for the tow truck to show up is dumb. (An hour is how long it took in Reno. Probably longer in East Jesus.)

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    While I still maintain a AAA membership with the premier coverage, I probably should drop it at this point. One of the bigger benefits--the RV coverage--is now dollar-limited rather than tied to a max distance, and I don't think you'd get anywhere near 200 miles for most rigs under the current model.

When I was driving cheap cars, I got my money's worth. Now that my wife has a new car again, I need to rethink the coverage level.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    That sucks. That was a good deal for $120 a year.

Problem was when people wanted their broke down RV (or car) towed from their house or storage somewhere they would just join AAA and use the tow. Then cancel.

USAA, unlimited miles towing.

Never had to use it but peace of mind in N NV.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Likewise. Glad my wife's an Air Force brat.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing this thread wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    For the record I have roadside assistance from State Farm and for the record running out of gas so that you can wait for an hour for the tow truck to show up is dumb. (An hour is how long it took in Reno. Probably longer in East Jesus.)
    How do you run out of gas?

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    USAA, unlimited miles towing.

Never had to use it but peace of mind in N NV.
    Now you tell me. My son and daughter in law have USAA. She had a wheel bearing go out in Truckee and Subaru was going to do the repair but it was going to cost a fortune to have the car towed to the dealer in Reno, even with the towing coverage through the warranty due to no one in Truckee really wanting the business. So she wound up paying for the repair in Truckee for about the same cost. Never considered USAA.

You tell me. I've never run out of gas. I have had a car that wouldn't start.

I used state farm roadside assistance once for a tow in NorCal. They would only cover towing to nearest possible tire shop after I had 2 tires blow on hwy 101. That nearest shop wasn't open til next day. But there was a Walmart tire center open on Sunday 10 miles further. I had to pay $170 for the privilege of being able to get new tires that day rather than wait til next day and take an extra vacation day. Got AAA after that.

On the A-8 north of Munich returning from a ski weekend in Austria in a new-to-me 1985 Puegeot 505. Was doing about 160 km/h in the left lane and the idiot light came on but the gauge showed 1/4 tank. Being an idiot, I trusted the gauge. When the engine quit, I pushed in the clutch and coasted to an Ausfahrt straight into an Esso station (cheap gas for GIs back then). One of the dudes in the back never even woke up. Running out of gas on the Autobahn was a big no-no back then.

And...USAA FTW. Customer service isn't what it used to be but you won't find better coverage for a lower price.

My auto insurance has a road side assistance option - flat tire, out of gas, need a jump for a dead battery type of stuff can be added, no need for AAA which used to be good for turn by turn map routes back in the 60's, 70's and early 80's before computer mapping programs from Delorme and the like then GPS, and smart phone apps that do that all also.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I used state farm roadside assistance once for a tow in NorCal. They would only cover towing to nearest possible tire shop after I had 2 tires blow on hwy 101. That nearest shop wasn't open til next day. But there was a Walmart tire center open on Sunday 10 miles further. I had to pay $170 for the privilege of being able to get new tires that day rather than wait til next day and take an extra vacation day. Got AAA after that.
    F... good to know. I also have State Farm roadside.

Though I'm not surprised, State Farm, for all their premiums, and their incessant advertising; they are some cheap fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    F... good to know. I also have State Farm roadside.

Though I'm not surprised, State Farm, for all their premiums, and their incessant advertising; they are some cheap fucks.
    Nice khakis

Nice khakis

Golf clap…..
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

USAA got way expensive when I added my kids to it. Also, packaging house insurance through them has steadily increased and is now crazy expensive. Was a member for 30+ years....now gone. You can get cheaper elsewhere for essentially the same coverage. Somehow they have to pay for all those TV commercials.

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

USAA went south 15 years ago. It’s overpriced and the service isn’t great. Why pay extra to get fucked around with when you have an issue?

Every few years I circle back around to see if they’ve got it sorted, and every few years they reaffirm that they no longer deserve my business.

Firmly on the “do not recommend” list for me.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 10-01-2021 at 05:40 AM.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by AmmergauerTele View Post
    USAA got way expensive when I added my kids to it. Also, packaging house insurance through them has steadily increased and is now crazy expensive. Was a member for 30+ years....now gone. You can get cheaper elsewhere for essentially the same coverage. Somehow they have to pay for all those TV commercials.
    Seriously interested in what insurance you found to be better/cheaper. Yes, their customer service went way downhill when they opened it up to all ranks. I got pissed off at them in 2009 and tried to find auto insurance with anybody else but couldn't find anything even remotely close in price/coverage (I had 4 kids on my policy back then).