Page 143 of 267 FirstFirst ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 6656
    Thats like 4 pages of food commentary.

You girls need a cold glass of chablis so you can continue your food preservation discussion?
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

The insistence that we build a rental property THIS SUMMER WHEN BUILDING MATERIALS COST 4-6X WHAT THEY DID A YEAR AGO for starters. Also begrudging our 13yo dog his good health because our 12yo Scottie is dying doesn't help. Also the denial about the Scottie...
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    My wife does this. Every. Fucking Thing. Ketchup mustard hotsause soy sauce. Bread. never understood it. She puts the PLASTIC manayse jar through the dishwasher before putting it in the recycling.
    Your wife sounds cool. I am 90% sure that any plastic submitted for recycling will end up in the landfill if there is food still on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    The insistence that we build a rental property THIS SUMMER WHEN BUILDING MATERIALS COST 4-6X WHAT THEY DID A YEAR AGO for starters. Also begrudging our 13yo dog his good health because our 12yo Scottie is dying doesn't help. Also the denial about the Scottie...
    Condolences. Hope the wife snaps to acceptance soon.

We bought this robot vacuum thing a couple weeks ago and it constantly get stuck, runs out of battery, gets lost, etc. It still hasn’t successfully completed a cleaning cycle, but she “loves it” even though it’s more work than just sweeping the floors.

Don’t get me started on the suspiciously worded privacy policy on the app you have to use. I’m pretty sure we are sending a detailed map of our home to the Russians.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    We bought this robot vacuum thing a couple weeks ago and it constantly get stuck, runs out of battery, gets lost, etc. It still hasn’t successfully completed a cleaning cycle, but she “loves it” even though it’s more work than just sweeping the floors.

Don’t get me started on the suspiciously worded privacy policy on the app you have to use. I’m pretty sure we are sending a detailed map of our home to the Russians.
    I have one. Works great with some minor pickup and no app to deal with.

Push button, let it run and floors get clean. Winning.

Mine wants a deck. I keep putting it off until prices come down. I’m not sure how much longer I can hold out.

Blame it on the supply chain, everyone else does.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

This will not end well.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Your wife sounds cool. I am 90% sure that any plastic submitted for recycling will end up in the landfill if there is food still on it.

I took a tour at the local recycling facility. When asked about this they said that containers just need to be "spatula clean," they don't need to be washed.

NPR did a story a few years back about the carbon footprint from recycling, as most of the big compressed blocks apparently get shipped back and forth to facilities in China. Conclusion was it isn't really worth it.

And that was liberal NPR.

We still fill the bin every week, but its always made me thing hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Fofo View Post
    I took a tour at the local recycling facility. When asked about this they said that containers just need to be "spatula clean," they don't need to be washed.
    Well, there's that 10%.

Thank you for this life-changing information. Actually I bet all recycling plants are different. I'm actually gonna look in to this myself thanks for the push!

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    NPR did a story a few years back about the carbon footprint from recycling, as most of the big compressed blocks apparently get shipped back and forth to facilities in China. Conclusion was it isn't really worth it.

There's a shift happening politically here to make the manufacturers responsible for the costs of recycling and waste from the products they sell. Putting the onus on us plebs was quite a ruse.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    My wife does this. Every. Fucking Thing. Ketchup mustard hotsause soy sauce. Bread. never understood it. She puts the PLASTIC manayse jar through the dishwasher before putting it in the recycling.
    This an especially good idea if you live in an area with bears and the recycling goes in a 90 gal rolling bin. Around here, most people have their garbage in bear boxes so the bears are going after the recycling. They don't get much but once attracted their plan B is to go into the house.

I can't think of a more miserable experience than being a landlord. Tried it once with my wife's Tucson house when we moved to CA and with our Truckee house before we started living in it. Never again. Obviously some people need to be landlords. Just not me.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    There's a shift happening politically here to make the manufacturers responsible for the costs of recycling and waste from the products they sell. Putting the onus on us plebs was quite a ruse.
    Makes sense to me. Apparently there's only a handful of manufacturers churning out the majority of single-use plastic. The plebs are all about convenience, and putting the onus on us is too little too late.

the dishwasher is running anyhow so sticking the odd jar in there is no biggy except when label disintegrates it ends up on the rest of the dishes

My tennant is also the Gardner, you dentists do all have a gardner i hope ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Everyone needs a Gardener.

Sellers was a fucking genius…..

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Sellers was a fucking genius…..
    Of the 10 greatest movie quotes of all time 6 or 7 have to be from Pink Panther movies. I know he didn't write them but they wouldn't have been great if someone else had spoken them.

^no doubt. I didn't appreciate Being There as a kid (was expecting another Pink Panther), but now believe it was his best work. Laughed my ass off (again) watching the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post

Na usually just local swat and fbi. Makes no knock warrants easier.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post

Don't know if it's any better but we have tried to switch to alum cans for beer/soft drinks

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

I know the garbage truck driver ( also a pretty good horn player ) buddy sez (at least locally) most of that stuff just goes right into land fill cuz there is no market

but people feel good about it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Yep. My company throws all recycling into a compactor truck. That means all the paper is contaminated. All the glass is crushed and mixed. Maybe they can pull out the steel with a magnet. They might be able to hand pick the larger plastics or cardboard. But I doubt it.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Yep. My company throws all recycling into a compactor truck. That means all the paper is contaminated. All the glass is crushed and mixed. Maybe they can pull out the steel with a magnet. They might be able to hand pick the larger plastics or cardboard. But I doubt it.
    Local transfer station has all recycling into a compactor; I seriously doubt much of it actually gets recycled. I'm still cleaning and sorting, though, because it makes storage and transport far less unpleasant, and I'm not going to the transfer station every time we have a bag of trash and one of recycling (which would be my wife's preferred solution). The other reason I feel a strong need to continue sorting and cleaning is that if we don't, my wife tends to leave non recyclable material in boxes (like the shrinkwrap that was on the outside, or the molded plastic that held the contents).

I do hold out some hope that, if anything does actually get recycled, the paper and cardboard I sort will, as it would end up as chunks of like material in the whole block.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app