Page 232 of 260 FirstFirst ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 6477
    so I made pasta carbonara and just for yucks i dipped 2 identical large Ikea dinner forks in the cooked sauce which is basicly just eggs n parmigiana cheese

put them in the middle section of the flatware baskette with one handle up and one handle down, run the dishwasher and they both came out exactly the same ... clean but with a small nodule of egg on the tines
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

This is the science we need!

Now throw those forks into a washing machine on a quick cycle vs sheets and towels setting.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

And BTW, anyone who cannot load or empty the silverware with tines and knife points sticking up without hurting themselves should not be using dangerous machinery like a dishwasher.
    Yabbut ..... it's the UNdangerous machinery that gets you every time.

I have a “Pro Wash” button on my KitchenAid. Not ready for it yet

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I think this thread is proof that the wives have won. Look at all these proud dishwashers they've created! Reverse psychology works

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    If i didnt wash the dishes, our house would look as bad or worse than my college apartment i shared with 3 buddies. For whatever reason my wife is utterly averse to "cleaning up". This is not the same as "cleaning" which is something she does more than i do. But she is simply oblivious to how a mess is created, and oblivious to a mess once it has been created. He car is like a hoarders starter kit, she has up to 5 different piles of dirty laundry going in different rooms at any time, has never in 2 years in our new house taken out the recycling or garbage (just continues to stuff and compact it or toss trash next to the bin), and spills crumbs everywhere she goes. When trusted to clean bowls or cups she does so, and then puts them in the drying rack right-side-up. Its mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    If i didnt wash the dishes, our house would look as bad or worse than my college apartment i shared with 3 buddies. For whatever reason my wife is utterly averse to "cleaning up". This is not the same as "cleaning" which is something she does more than i do. But she is simply oblivious to how a mess is created, and oblivious to a mess once it has been created. He car is like a hoarders starter kit, she has up to 5 different piles of dirty laundry going in different rooms at any time, has never in 2 years in our new house taken out the recycling or garbage (just continues to stuff and compact it or toss trash next to the bin), and spills crumbs everywhere she goes. When trusted to clean bowls or cups she does so, and then puts them in the drying rack right-side-up. Its mind boggling.
    I thought I was alone in that - I can't for the life of me understand it. I'm always rewashing loads of her clothes that have sat wet and gone foul for a week at a time. She wipes the counters down every night, but that's only because she never uses a plate or cutting board and they are covered with food by the end of the day. Never puts anything away, just puts it down and moves it around. We look like hoarders inside and outside the house unless I do something about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tromano View Post
    Apathy is harder for me to understand than passion.

I live this too.

I’ve come to realize that most women are fucking slobs.

Stuff that seems totally minor like when she is sitting on the couch with a pillow and blanket and then just gets up and the blanket and pillow just fall on the living room floor and she doesn’t care, walks away, then I come through and pick them up.

Kind of weird and I guess they have trained us to clean up after them somehow.

Boobs I guess

This is her clean clothes pile. Instead of putting clean laundry away in the closet they sit on the guest room bed and she uses the bed as her closet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6304.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	460344

I figured out how to keep a tidy house. Have 2 of them. I live in our lake house full time, she lives in our city house part time. My house is tidy, she visits for a few days or a week or 2 at a time then goes back for some city time. While she's here I keep up with her mess a bit but have a laundry basket full of miscellaneous shit she leaves around. I occasionally go to "her" house, it looks like a fucking bomb went off. I don't stay long, I don't add to the mess, I don't lift a finger to clean her shit up.

It works well.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Sounds like the perfect marriage

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    This is her clean clothes pile. Instead of putting clean laundry away in the closet they sit on the guest room bed and she uses the bed as her closet.
    Seems reasonable.

My wife to a tee. She cleans the windows, blows dust off the screens, uses a leaf blower obsessively but her car, her purse, her inbasket, her in box, are all a disaster.

My wife is utterly incapable of putting her keys in the same place every day. Every time she leaves the house a prolonged search ensues. She can find her purse after a five minute search, but the keys? Nope. Today she had a flight to catch, and because she always waits until the last possible moment to leave the house, she was rushed and asked me to help find her keys. Turns out they were in her pocket.

Irrigation, lawn and garden type. The guy finally comes to repair the winter damage and get the system going on Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday morning he's back to install a spur line and a couple new heads. He's at the house for a few hours. Done!

Thursday morning during my first cup of coffee wife says I'd like to show you issues w the irrigation in my flower gardens. JHC,,,,,,,,WTF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My wife to a tee. She cleans the windows, blows dust off the screens, uses a leaf blower obsessively but her car, her purse, her inbasket, her box, are all a disaster.
    Duuude, TMI.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    My wife is utterly incapable of putting her keys in the same place every day. Every time she leaves the house a prolonged search ensues. She can find her purse after a five minute search, but the keys? Nope. Today she had a flight to catch, and because she always waits until the last possible moment to leave the house, she was rushed and asked me to help find her keys. Turns out they were in her pocket.
    Why don’t you buy her some apple air tags? You guys enjoy daily stress?

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Why don’t you buy her some apple air tags? You guys enjoy daily stress?
    They don’t work great for close range stuff lost in house.

Believe me, I have AirTags on my wife’s keys and wallet.

They have some that emit a noise right? My wife is constantly pinging her phone from her watch when she leaves it somewhere in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    They have some that emit a noise right? My wife is constantly pinging her phone from her watch when she leaves it somewhere in the house.
    Lulz. I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    They don’t work great for close range stuff lost in house.

Believe me, I have AirTags on my wife’s keys and wallet.
    Weird. I have no need for these, but friends have told me the precision mode or whatever it’s called on your iPhone lets you dial in the location within 3 ft or so? That’s not the case or you don’t have iPhones? Genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Weird. I have no need for these, but friends have told me the precision mode or whatever it’s called on your iPhone lets you dial in the location within 3 ft or so? That’s not the case or you don’t have iPhones? Genuinely curious.
    You’re probably right.

I don’t use them but my wife does, for some reason I was thinking 15-20ft range.

She left her wallet at a truck stop Wendy’s on a road trip last year, the AirTag pinged her phone as I was getting back on the highway, pulled a U turn and got her wallet back.

Otherwise would of been 4 hours away back home and likely a day or two before she realized it was gone. Those things are awesome.

Mine work great for close range stuff lost at home. Not sure what you’re doing where they don’t. My life is so much better after putting tags on everybody’s keys and wallet.
    focus.

Put tags on the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Put tags on the kids.
    I did. It’s called getting them a phone and location services on is a part of the deal. I know where those guys are at all times. I replaced my helicopter with a drone.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I did. It’s called getting them a phone and location services on is a part of the deal. I know where those guys are at all times. I replaced my helicopter with a drone.
    Glad that works for you.