Page 215 of 265 FirstFirst ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 6620
    I thought we were talking about wives, not husbands who can't handle their alcohol... Maybe that should be yet another thread.

Getting drunk is like borrowing happiness from tomorrow. Or something like that.

But damn, does beer and whiskey taste good. But the shitty booze hangovers are the worst. Back when I brewed my own, and stuck to barley malt, water and yeast, hangovers were few and far between. Eating while drinking, and also keeping a glass of water with each dram of whiskey makes a big difference in limiting the effects the day after.

Anyone remember Chaser hangover pills? I used them in the early 2000’s and they worked great. Take a few with first drink then a few more every 3-4 drinks, no hangover. They were great. Can’t find them anymore, or anything even similar on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Brioschi used to cure my hangovers. Don't know if you can still get it, but I don't drink enough to get hung over these days.

I decided not to lie to my PCP about how much I drink at an annual physical yesterday. I got the hairy eyeball and a lecture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I drink maybe 4 drinks a month, at most.

Was a huge binge drinker in my late teens and 20’s, early 30’s.

These pills actually prevented a hangover.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1674853184.713655.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	395.8 KB 
ID:	444813

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I drink maybe 4 drinks a month, at most.

Was a huge binge drinker in my late teens and 20’s, early 30’s.

These pills actually prevented a hangover.
    See the "12X" etc. in the ingredients? Those are homeopathic dilutions. I'm not going to get into the weeds of what those actually mean, but rest assured the product contains virtually no amount of those substances. Moving on to the "Other Ingredients" the only two that appear to be present in meaningful amounts are calcium carbonate and carbon (presumably, activated carbon). So, if anything was doing anything beyond the placebo effect it was those two and they are both easily sourced.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Brioschi used to cure my hangovers. Don't know if you can still get it, but I don't drink enough to get hung over these days.

I decided not to lie to my PCP about how much I drink at an annual physical yesterday. I got the hairy eyeball and a lecture.
    PCP will make u forget about your hangover. Oh, wait, not what u meant. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    See the "12X" etc. in the ingredients? Those are homeopathic dilutions. I'm not going to get into the weeds of what those actually mean, but rest assured the product contains virtually no amount of those substances. Moving on to the "Other Ingredients" the only two that appear to be present in meaningful amounts are calcium carbonate and carbon (presumably, activated carbon). So, if anything was doing anything beyond the placebo effect it was those two and they are both easily sourced.
    Yea. I always assumed they were just charcoal pills.

But they really did work, not placebo.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Yea. I always assumed they were just charcoal pills.

But they really did work, not placebo.

Because ..... double blind??

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    PCP will make u forget about your hangover. Oh, wait, not what u meant. YMMV.
    Good one. And correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

GO to our local pub last night for some drinks and apps. This morning wife says "I like that place but their food is so salty". What did she order? Pretzels and wings. Duh.

Name:  Image1675014170.947806.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  87.1 KB
    From my former life. Splitting a reserve Magnum with the winemaker. Didn’t suck.

Thread related:
    Wife is obsessed with Wrexham.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Name:  Image1675099744.382109.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  34.0 KB

So I have a new friend in my life, sort of a hybrid between FWB and GF. First time I had dinner at her place I tried to be a gentleman and help with the dishes. She shooed me out the kitchen while stating “My ex husband was always criticizing me for the way I load the dishwasher.”

Keeper or catch-n-release ?
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    “My ex husband was always criticizing me for the way I load the dishwasher.”

“Well there was probably a reason for his criticism.” Dishwasher loading is a common weak point but it’s way down the list, far past things like “is crazy” and “keys cars.”

But seriously, more data required for conclusion.

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

yeah I’m the one that doesn’t know how to load the dishwasher in my new relationship because we never used one in my old relationship

I don’t particularly like the dishwasher because it just seems like a bigger pain in the ass than just washing up

I’ve admitted that I need to be trained

it’s ok to develop new and better habits gentlemen
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Name:  Image1675777703.808428.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  114.9 KB
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

So I have a new friend in my life, sort of a hybrid between FWB and GF. First time I had dinner at her place I tried to be a gentleman and help with the dishes. She shooed me out the kitchen while stating “My ex husband was always criticizing me for the way I load the dishwasher.”

Interesting question. I don’t have an answer.

Just don’t say shit when she’s doing the dishes, for two reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Interesting question. I don’t have an answer.

Just don’t say shit when she’s doing the dishes, for two reasons.
    Take a shit while she's doing the dishes.

Just don't get married. You don't want to have to split the island in half. Wait, you didn't tell her about the island, did you?!?!?

It’s kind of interesting how often dishwashers come up in this thread. For years.

When I got divorced, doing the laundry and loading the dishes however I wanted with nobody to criticize was pretty liberating.

My verdict: not crazy, but keep an eye on it. Eventually she should trust you to watch/help her load the dishwasher.

Keeper vs CNR? We need more info and you know what that means.
    focus.

We don't need any more info.

If she shooed you out of the kitchen, sounds like a keeper! Cleaning up sucks.

I think the correct answer is, “what kind of asshole would criticize how a grown woman does dishes in her own house?” Even if she’s doing it totally wrong in your book.