Page 166 of 267 FirstFirst ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 6656
    Listen to you all, as if every one of you don't have an open jar of mayonnaise sitting on your coffee table.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    That was 7 years before you even joined.
    Wow.

A true classic

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That was 7 years before you even joined.
    Maybe... there's a lot of us who had older accounts and couldn't login at one point and started new ones. I can't even remember my original username pre 2011. Every now and then some old thread gets bumped and I'm like "who's that prick?" and then it hits me. lol... ;-)
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

what ever happened to dday

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Maybe... there's a lot of us who had older accounts and couldn't login at one point and started new ones. I can't even remember my original username pre 2011. Every now and then some old thread gets bumped and I'm like "who's that prick?" and then it hits me. lol... ;-)
    ding ding ding. When this pc dies my name will be gone (again) - can't login from any other devices.

In the spirit of self-awareness since I'm probably no picnic to live with sometimes, I will conclude any WTF? post with something I dig about my wife.

WTF?: We live down a private dirt road and each neighbor is supposed to keep the area in front of their home in somewhat graded and passable condition. A few houses have been shirking and with the recent rains, its large pothole galore. Yesterday, my wife and I were both out and about running separate errands but met up at the entry to the road at the same time in different cars, with her entering first. We moved here not long ago and when we are together I am the driver so I had yet to see her navigate this road and I got a firsthand look yesterday.

Apparently she views this road as a pristine stretch of autobahn. Without a single evasive pothole maneuver or any diminishment of pace she blasted through each one at a solid clip. By the way, she doesn't drive a military-grade humvee.

The good: She makes Xmas tick for us, main driver of presents for the girls, making sure the school staff, bus driver, delivery guys, garbage man, friends get awesome little gifts. Making cookies for the neighbors, decorating the house, creating and sending cards etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    In the spirit of self-awareness since I'm probably no picnic to live with sometimes, I will conclude any WTF? post with something I dig about my wife.

WTF?: We live down a private dirt road and each neighbor is supposed to keep the area in front of their home in somewhat graded and passable condition. A few houses have been shirking and with the recent rains, its large pothole galore. Yesterday, my wife and I were both out and about running separate errands but met up at the entry to the road at the same time in different cars, with her entering first. We moved here not long ago and when we are together I am the driver so I had yet to see her navigate this road and I got a firsthand look yesterday.

Apparently she views this road as a pristine stretch of autobahn. Without a single evasive pothole maneuver or any diminishment of pace she blasted through each one at a solid clip. By the way, she doesn't drive a military-grade humvee.

The good: She makes Xmas tick for us, main driver of presents for the girls, making sure the school staff, bus driver, delivery guys, garbage man, friends get awesome little gifts. Making cookies for the neighbors, decorating the house, creating and sending cards etc.
    I thought her bombing/straightlining the beat-out driveway was going to be the thing you’d dig.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I thought her bombing/straightlining the beat-out driveway was going to be the thing you’d dig.
    Naw - he's the poor bastard that has to take the vehicles in for repairs, I'd wager.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post

The access road to my college had some pretty significant speed bumps on a 1/2 mile straightaway. We discovered that the speed bumps that were meant to be navigated at 5-10mph, and rocked the fuck out of your car at 25mph (the road's speed limit), became barely noticeable if you hit them at 45mph. Apparently, your wife knows that too.

[kids, don't try this at home, or at least not on a car that you like]
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm going back a few pages, but am also the vacuum fixer when asked for a new one (a filter costs a LOT less than a vaccum!?!) and mine's laundry pile on the floor resembles yours. It's ongoing..

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The access road to my college had some pretty significant speed bumps on a 1/2 mile straightaway. We discovered that the speed bumps that were meant to be navigated at 5-10mph, and rocked the fuck out of your car at 25mph (the road's speed limit), became barely noticeable if you hit them at 45mph. Apparently, your wife knows that too.

[kids, don't try this at home, or at least not on a car that you like]
    I've noticed that on washboard gravel roads too: fine at 10 mph, horrible at 20, surprisingly tolerable at 35 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I've noticed that on washboard gravel roads too: fine at 10 mph, horrible at 20, surprisingly tolerable at 35 or so.
    Ha! So true. Just don't grab your shocks afterwards!

The dog was hanging out with me while I was working yesterday, then snuck away and had diarrhea on two rugs and some hardwood floor. My wife was mad at me for not paying attention to the dog, but the dog bed was behind me so I didn't see her get up, and she had ninja-quiet diarrhea. How was I supposed to know? Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Yup. 40 seems to be about the sweet spot on most of them... much faster and things can get... uhhh... sporty in the corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    ding ding ding. When this pc dies my name will be gone (again) - can't login from any other devices.
    Is Icemanning a verb?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Are we working on a resurrection narrative now? This place has gone full retard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Are we working on a resurrection narrative now? This place has gone full retard.

What are you? Pro speed bump?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

What ever happened to Slaag? Has anyone seen / heard from him in the last few years?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wow I had never noticed the slack line before. Slaag is a true master.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

What are you? Pro speed bump?
    No way man. I’m in. Currently trying to think up my resurrection handle when I lose this login.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    No way man. I’m in. Currently trying to think up my resurrection handle when I lose this login.

"Pro Topes"
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yup. 40 seems to be about the sweet spot on most of them... much faster and things can get... uhhh... sporty in the corners.
    Circa 2000's Honda Civics lose contact with the road at about 55. Luckily everyone and the car survived the unintended 360.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    "Pro Topes"
    Heh!

Currently on retirwntm.

Is Icemanning a verb?
    Everyone hitching about how dumb their wives are and they can’t even find the recover password link in TGR.

Or dumb like using a work email for anything personal and then forgetting to swap it when you rage quit.

Is Icemanning a verb?
    I seem to remember a few people Kevorkianing themselves and restarting instead of deleting.