Page 147 of 261 FirstFirst ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 6512
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Go sous vide something, or fire up your instapot or air fryer.
    Hey, he said he'd fight anyone who disagrees, I just obliged.
    Sous-vide uh? Most of your posts reek of an anoxic brain injury in your past, how appropriate...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Hey, he said he'd fight anyone who disagrees, I just obliged.
    Sous-vide uh? Most of your posts reek of an anoxic brain injury in your past, how appropriate...
    Take a timeout in your wife's garden shack and study some context.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Take a timeout in your wife's garden shack and study some context.
    Bongrips in the Boissal garden shack sounds dope

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Bongrips in the Boissal garden shack sounds dope
    You'd probably have to fight the chickens or Ugly for space. And the drugs.

I am completely w/tgapp on this. We have gas, induction and flattop electric in our 3 places and the induction wins in every way.
    BTW, if you leave the gas on high w/ a pan and a stick of butter, not only will it burn like a motherfucker, it'll pour all over the stove and be a monster clean up issue, (if the kitchen didn't burn down). The induction would be a sponge wipe down.
    It's a party trick to boil a huge pile of water, it's so fast.
    I have a grill for grilling stuff, duh.
    Oh, to keep this kinda on track, my wife likes it, and basically learned it instantly, so it's one less thing to disagree about.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Yeah - I was comparing our current induction to our previous electric... which frankly sucked.

I would have probably gone gas, but it would have cost *hundreds* of $$ to run a gas line...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7483C078-6AF2-4413-A1DC-30B4A3F0C84C.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	354.7 KB 
ID:	383055

….

The hose thread reminded me of something..

In the last 3-4 years I've had to retire at least a half dozen hoses because they are left out in the driveway and then the threaded metal end gets squished.

WTF.

a) roll the thing up with you're done with it.

b) if you leave it out, use your eyes and DONT DRIVE OVER IT!!

You realize with a sharp knife/ straight blade screwdriver/ the ends are replaceable ?

Even if your gardener runs over it with the lawnmower you can cut that out and do a splice ?

perhaps there is just too much humanity in a dentist fixing their own garden hose
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Name:  AD551175-1460-40A8-B509-3913A9DB142B.gif
Views: 625
Size:  186.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    ^^^ nonsense.
    Induction is miles better than a regular electric cooktop but making it sound like a revolution over gas is a huge exaggeration. It's safer (for people who treat cooking as an activity that doesn't require any attention), possibly at touch faster at the high end, but in terms of control there's no difference, you can drop a flame as fast as an electric current and there's about the same latency with both options. If you can't control a simmer with gas you're either too dumb to operate a knob or your stove needs to go. And repeatability? Are we talking about the cooking olympics here? This is art, not a chemistry lab. I don't lose sleep over my pasta water boiling time varying by +/- 3%, which it doesn't unless I'm cooking outside in the wind.

Induction looks slick as fuck and certainly more modern than ye ole flame but at equivalent performance it's still more expensive, especially if you have to run a 220 line in the house or replace your cookware cause your dope copper pots aren't ferromagnetic. If you already have the power source and the pots it can makes sense but don't expect induction to be the second coming of Anthony Bourdain directly in your kitchen. Also, I'd rather clean a stainless gas range than a glass top, those things look great for a hot minute but the second you get a scratch or stain on there your kitchen looks like a kebab stand in downtown Beirut.

Edit: fight me.
    The revolution is much reduced heat into the cooking space as well as no byproducts of combustion in the air. They don't scratch unless you drag a dutch oven over them and even at that they can be repaired. What I'm sure will kill one is burning sugar.

https://qz.com/1941254/experts-are-s...of-gas-stoves/

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    The hose thread reminded me of something..

In the last 3-4 years I've had to retire at least a half dozen hoses because they are left out in the driveway and then the threaded metal end gets squished.

WTF.

a) roll the thing up with you're done with it.

b) if you leave it out, use your eyes and DONT DRIVE OVER IT!!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    You realize with a sharp knife/ straight blade screwdriver/ the ends are replaceable ?

Even if your gardener runs over it with the lawnmower you can cut that out and do a splice ?

perhaps there is just too much humanity in a dentist fixing their own garden hose
    Duh.

Forget the wife bitch thread.

Let’s bitch about the men that should put a new fitting on the hose end. Holee fuk.

No, let’s just put a perfectly good hose in the trash.
    The earth is fucked. We are the cancer.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

Or maybe a $37 hose is worth not dealing with clamps and potential leaks?

#notadentist
    #fuckfixinghoses

Also, I am my gardener. Nice flex tho..

Chauncey the gardener?

You like to watch?

Nttiawwt
    . . .

Seriously. I fixed like 3 hoses this year...I suggest the brass fittings and standard pipe clamps as opposed to those shitty plastic jobbers. Try to do it when the hose is hot mid day so it's easier to push new fitting in. I think they're like $3 and takes 10 min unless you are mentally deficient.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

You don't have a gardener ? oh the humanity !

My gardener grew up on the farm, can drive a standard and probably fix a hose

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Duh.

Forget the wife bitch thread.

Let’s bitch about the men that should put a new fitting on the hose end. Holee fuk.

No, let’s just put a perfectly good hose in the trash.
    The earth is fucked. We are the cancer.
    Holy Drama queen.

What’s your husband think of your hose issues?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Rinsing cuts down on the dog hurting himself trying to lick the dishes when the family leaves the full dishwasher full open after dinner. He caught his collar tags on the dishrack once and that was mess.
    One of the few pleasures our aged cockapoo has left is cleaning the dishes in the dishwasher.

Yeah one time I left a glass bowl with ranch dressing in it on the counter. I came home to broken glass and what looked like a bloody massacre on the kitchen floor.

Doggo only had a small cut on his tongue but I was sure the vet bill would be in the 1,000s when I first saw the aftermath.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    we find that the garden hose in our yard had been cut in the night with garden shears in 10 places and a small important figurine from the garden was taken.]
    well it wasnt the wife or the gardener or the garden nome but the hose probably needs replacing as opposed to fixing

Throw pillow competition.
    Currently, we're at 10 for couches and 8 for beds, 18 total. Can anyone top that?

I still have not figured out the purpose, other than dust accumulation and making it a longer task to make the bed.

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

Just to be clear, we’re fine with slightly larger pillows on the couch that are actually comfortable for spreading out or what have you? Just not the smaller “decorative” ones correct? Because I’m perfectly fine with the former and have a few on my couch sans wife. (None on the bed because I’m not female)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1629766081.855024.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	383322
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    Throw pillow competition.
    Currently, we're at 10 for couches and 8 for beds, 18 total. Can anyone top that?

I still have not figured out the purpose, other than dust accumulation and making it a longer task to make the bed.
    Easy

26 in 1700sf. A 0.015 throw pillow to Ft ratio.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

6 couches inside, 5 beds, plus 8 chairs with fucking pillows. I can’t take it anymore.

If I’m allowed to count outdoor throw pillows, no one can beat me at this game.

I really should count them.

So clearly, traditional sleeping pillows don’t count. But I’m counting those overstuffed pillow sham scams. As well as those little pillows in front that get the karate chop crease on top.
    . . .