Page 118 of 265 FirstFirst ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 6620

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

Obviously you’re in a simpsons rules house and you just don’t know it. Whoever tips it, takes it. My college apartment operated like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Soda stream is purchased and wrapped for my daughter to give as Mother’s Day gift. Dropped close to $200 (with extra bottles and flavor packs) on that sumbitch so she better use it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Just clear some space in the back of the pantry for it now. You are fighting a war you will not win.

I probably use ours more than anybody and it’s seldom. But that tonic mix makes an excellent G&T.

My gripe of the day...set up new irrigation lines on timers to the garden boxes last Sunday. She wanted to do the final layout in the boxes so my work was done. Or so I thought. I’m headed to the hardware store because I just found out instead of finishing the drip system, she’s been watering with the garden hose which has clogged all the new lines I ran to the boxes with mud because I didn’t cap them thinking she would hookup her drip system. I offered to turn the water system on to blow out the mud but I’m told the high water volume will screw up all the seeds that were just planted.

My wife has drip lines to each plant in her rock garden--which is beautiful btw--so we don't get weeds between the plants, but we spend a lot more time fixing and maintaining the drip system than we would weeding. The Truckee climate is not easy on small fragile plastic parts. Neither is raking pine needles.

Yesterday I mentioned I’d be turning on our irrigation system today. “Before you do, let me show you all the places I accidentally cut the lines...”. Every spring, same routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Yesterday I mentioned I’d be turning on our irrigation system today. “Before you do, let me show you all the places I accidentally cut the lines...”. Every spring, same routine.
    what was she doing that cut the lines?
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    We've had a pad at [a ski resort in the West] People kept asking about it and demanding they take recyclables separate from the trash. So they put in recycling cans and bins all over the place. But I saw them dumping the trash from the trash cans and recycling from the recycling buins into the same truck with my own eyes (I was up on the balcony above them, they didn't know anybody was watching).

I knew one of the guys doing it pretty well and asked him about it later and he laughed. Turned out there was no recycling program at all, they just put in the cans and bins to get people off their backs about it.
    One of the garbage truck drivers ( also a pretty good horn player ) told us the same thing about recycling

GF leaves her garbage until it is so full that it spills just getting it to the bin, enough of this shit i am no longer emptying her garbage
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Ha! I can relate to the irrigation struggles. We've got drip and spray irrigation for our veggie and fruit garden beds, mostly set up by me, with guidance from her. It works well, except my wife is from the wet coast. As soon as the surface of the soil looks a touch dry, she drags out a lawn sprinkler to make sure everything gets an additional soak, except she doesn't leave it in one spot long enough to actually deep water anything (which perversely is a good thing as a few cm down the soil is sufficiently moist anyways). I try and guide her away from this extra work, but it seems that a dry surface creates an itch she can't help but scratch. Y only real complaint is that she rarely puts away the garden hose and lawn sprinkler, so I have to coil it back up if I want to mow/weedwack, or drive out the yard (flower beds along the frontage beyond the driveway). And she is always pushing the limits of this kind of watering against the district ordinances (which don't apply to drip irrigation on timers).

Yup, Ms Tbs just keeps stacking trash in the under sink garbage cans (one trash, one recyclables) until I open the cabinet door and the breeze created puts half of the shit on the ground.

Observation indicates she just opens the door and half tosses the refuse in the general direction of the appropriate container without actually looking at the cans.

She also doesn’t comprehend that damp paper towels with food on them or used paper plates are not “clean recyclables”.

And don’t get me started on her use of paper plates to avoid putting regular plates in the dishwasher. She has some “logic” about how it’s better for the envirnoment

this is when I tell my wife "your instincts here are wrong"

it doesn't always go well for me but I keep doing it

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    this is one of the dumbest things I have heard in this thread. why the fudge would you throw them away?
    Because she is a fucking moron, like most of these posts. Someone has to say it. This thread is a coming out party for people that married idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Because she is a fucking moron, like most of these posts. Someone has to say it. This thread is a coming out party for people that married idiots.
    You must be magnificent 60 year old relationship material.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    You must be magnificent 60 year old relationship material.
    I am Benny's father.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I am Benny's father.
    Cut of his hand!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    What if it's already been pounded?
    Sloppy seconds

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    what was she doing that cut the lines?
    Turning the soil with a spade.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    this is when I tell my wife "your instincts here are wrong"

it doesn't always go well for me but I keep doing it
    Your instinct here is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Your instinct here is wrong.
    Ice keeps doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    The soda stream will be on gear swap before we know it and buddy's gonna be sleeping on the couch. I can't wait to hear what his wife comes up with for a reason.
    We haven’t been able to get replacement tanks locally for months. I’m not paying shipping to get them so our SS is just sitting there. (We did use it quite a bit when we had access to tanks tho)

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Wait ... she told you that she'd done it and showed you exactly where it needed repairs?!?!?!?

Unpossible. Every late Winter I turn on the system to locate where she's been up to no good - always surprised. Of course, there's always further surprises, especially due to her midnight digging between the early season test and actually needing to start irrigating.

In the fall I cut the dead leaves off these plants where the long long leaves go right down to the ground--irises maybe. For some reason the drip lines go right through the center of them. Some get cut.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    We haven’t been able to get replacement tanks locally for months. I’m not paying shipping to get them so our SS is just sitting there. (We did use it quite a bit when we had access to tanks tho)
    FWIW I saw a paintball store on 82nd and Woodstock that said they would refill them for $9. Have no idea if that's a good deal or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Just clear some space in the back of the pantry for it now. You are fighting a war you will not win.

I probably use ours more than anybody and it’s seldom. But that tonic mix makes an excellent G&T.

My gripe of the day...set up new irrigation lines on timers to the garden boxes last Sunday. She wanted to do the final layout in the boxes so my work was done. Or so I thought. I’m headed to the hardware store because I just found out instead of finishing the drip system, she’s been watering with the garden hose which has clogged all the new lines I ran to the boxes with mud because I didn’t cap them thinking she would hookup her drip system. I offered to turn the water system on to blow out the mud but I’m told the high water volume will screw up all the seeds that were just planted.
    Sounds like you've got a bit of a conundrum there

I've never posted on here before but today the W used a Cutco knife to cut food in a cast iron skillet.

I mean, I was planning to send them in for sharpening, but still...WTF.

could have been worse ^^ could have been a non-stick pan
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Cutco lol.