Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Too funny...the spam attack begins.

Three emails from Vail companies with offers and invites. Snow.com welcoming me to the "EpicLife".

And then the email from Vail Resorts letting me know they've signed me up "to recieve our EpicLife lifestyle communicatiouns and news". What most would call spam.

Wonder if they signed me up for mortgage on a time share

Interestingly, no "unsubscrribe" option.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPDX View Post

Do you bitch about all those emails that you get trying to sell you dick meds too? Delete and move on with your life or add to your spam filter. Unless of course you're a lawyer and then feel free to sue over Can-Spam if you're so inclined.

LIFE <-- This is too short

I certainly wouldn't worry about identity theft as that shit can happen no matter what. But fuck Vail for slowing the process of just trying to get on the lift.

can't for a minute believe this to be true..In fact I think its law...

http://customer.io/blog/Send-email-w...link-cold.html

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    can't for a minute believe this to be true..In fact I think its law...
    It looks like how Vail skirts the law is that these are "introductory" emails telling me that the email barrage is coming. The email barrage from the various Vail evil doers will probably have the unsubscribes.

Of course, it may be that Vail (and the law) consider that by buying a mortgage...er...lift ticket one has "subscribed" and then getting out of the "Epic family" is more difficult.

I don't think anyone gets out of the Epic family alive. Unsubscribe and they sell your credit info to the Russian hackers.

Good news is my PC friends are going Deer Valley season tickets next year, after 26 years of Park City season tickets because Vail is getting rid of Fast Trax and the line management in Vails first year has been bad.
    Last edited by EaglesPDX; 02-03-2015 at 09:55 AM.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    jong the only thing "epic" in your life is the amount of fail youre puttin into your "trip report"
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I think Vail slows up the ticket line enough with their $100 tickets. lolz.
    Paging Greg from AZ. I hear Rutland is nice this time of year.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    jong the only thing "epic" in your life is the amount of fail youre puttin into your "trip report"
    Take it up with Vail, they run the Epic Family. You too can be Epic, just fill out the credit application...er...lift ticket paperwork.

I think Vail slows up the ticket line enough with their $100 tickets.
    Vail/PC is $112 and Alta is $84. Skiing is an expensive hobby no matter what. Don't think money is the decider on where people go.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    I laughed.

I haven't seen anyone get this indignant over nothing since my neighbor freaked out about my nude mowing.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

It looks like how Vail skirts the law is that these are "introductory" emails telling me that the email barrage is coming. The email barrage from the various Vail evil doers will probably have the unsubscribes.
    You should sue 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Vail/PC is $112 and Alta is $84. Skiing is an expensive hobby no matter what. Don't think money is the decider on where well-to-do people go.
    FIFY
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Identity Theft - I don't think this means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Identity Theft - I don't think this means what you think it means.
    Here's a Dept. of Justice website on it that will probably answer your questions. As you read you see that businesses that ask for detailed information unnecessary to the purchase of a product become a significant risk of idenity theft.

Particularly true for Vail/PC as the employees are low paid and transient. The company has no security policy in place for protection of the information. In Vails's case just the opposite they've already distributed the info to various subsidiaries.

Unlike your fingerprints, which are unique to you and cannot be given to someone else for their use, your personal data ­ especially your Social Security number, your bank account or credit card number, your telephone calling card number, and other valuable identifying data ­ can be used, if they fall into the wrong hands, to personally profit at your expense.

Here's a Dept. of Justice website on it that will probably answer your questions. As you read you see that businesses that ask for detailed information unnecessary to the purchase of a product become a significant risk of idenity theft.

Particularly true for Vail/PC as the employees are low paid and transient. The company has no security policy in place for protection of the information. In Vails's case just the opposite they've already distributed the info to various subsidiaries.

Unlike your fingerprints, which are unique to you and cannot be given to someone else for their use, your personal data ­ especially your Social Security number, your bank account or credit card number, your telephone calling card number, and other valuable identifying data ­ can be used, if they fall into the wrong hands, to personally profit at your expense.
    Keep fightin the good fight my man. If I ever go to vail and they don't ask for my BD I'll look to the heavens and whisper a quiet "thank you Eagles PDX"

Good news is my PC friends are going Deer Valley season tickets next year, after 26 years of Park City season tickets because Vail is getting rid of Fast Trax and the line management in Vails first year has been bad.
    If there's one thing VR does well its selling a shit ton of lift tickets. If there's a second thing, its lift line management. Maybe Utah hasn't figured it out yet but after skiing Vail, then skiing other places, Vail's lift lines are long but well organized. Sounds like you've got your temple garments in a tussle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    If there's one thing VR does well its selling a shit ton of lift tickets. If there's a second thing, its lift line management. Maybe Utah hasn't figured it out yet but after skiing Vail, then skiing other places, Vail's lift lines are long but well organized. Sounds like you've got your temple garments in a tussle.
    Can't say as not many people and not much on lines Monday. Just saying what the long term season ticket holders I know are saying....and doing. Weekends with crowds might be diffenet. I think it's more the loss of FastTrax and having to wait in the lines.

No lines today at Deer Valley. We'll see how Alta looks tomorrow.

You should probably go somewhere else entirely next time. I hear Colorado has better snow AND swankier lift lines than Utah!

.[/URL]
    And you know they have NO security policy in place how? That would seem like a HUGE gamble for a multi-resort, multi-million dollar company. Heck, even the thought of them selling their "upscale" clients info to a 3rd party would be a huge gamble, for what, a seemingly small profit to them. snow.com, epic, etc, are all Vail owned companies so no, they haven't "sold" your info.

You're getting your panties in a bunch over nothing.....If I was you I'd be 10x more worried about that bartender or server swiping your CC info when you're paying for your $20 apre' drink...

Edit...and assuming every low wage employee is engaged in felony crimes is pretty crappy....get off your horse
    Last edited by jm020; 02-16-2015 at 05:29 PM. Reason: add

My beef is about the constant data mining. Particularly when they try to make it more difficult to "opt out " for what should be a simple transaction. They may say that they won't sell your info. but really? Can they be trusted to keep your info. secure for ever?

Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    My beef is about the constant data mining. Particularly when they try to make it more difficult to "opt out " for what should be a simple transaction. They may say that they won't sell your info. but really? Can they be trusted to keep your info. secure for ever?
    Look at all the data hacks with banks getting cracked for billions. Anthem Health Care records stolen with all the info needed for ID theft.

Vail is asking for information it doesn't need and putting customers at risk. When hackers find out that a soft target like Vail is storing credit card, birth date, home address, phone info, it becomes a tempting target. Vail would never know they've been hacked and that info would be out there for sale.

Vail is Skynet. My fear is the chairlift software will be compromised and each lift will become giant killing machines, flailing their cables around and whatnot, going through the Epic contact lists name by name, house to house, a systematic annihilation of everyone who bought a lift ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Vail is Skynet. My fear is the chairlift software will be compromised and each lift will become giant killing machines, flailing their cables around and whatnot, going through the Epic contact lists name by name, house to house, a systematic annihilation of everyone who bought a lift ticket.
    Vail's views you more as a cash cow than soylent green fodder.

You must ask for the valet's proof of employment when they take your car too, eh?

Really? 3 pages for this bullshit?

Buy a fucking season pass for $700, ski 100 days on it and get them back!