Thread: Rider down

Rider down

I just heard from a friend that a freshman rider on the San Ramon Valley High School Team (Danville CA) was hit and seriously injured during a team training ride on 1/28. Apparently he and his dad needed to leave the ride early so they sprinted ahead and something went terribly wrong. All I know is a traumatic brain injury was sustained and things don't look good at the moment. Thankfully it appears as though he has stabilized.

Prayers and well wishes go out to Evan Luc Plihon.

If anybody is in the area I'm sure the team would appreciate knowing of your support. My friend was saying that as the team caught up to the scene emergency workers were there and they watched the kid get airlifted out. Apparently some of the kids are having a hard time coping.

Man, how awful. I don't see anything about the incident on their facebook page or anything but sending prayers from Marin.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    Man, how awful. I don't see anything about the incident on their facebook page or anything but sending prayers from Marin.
    I think they are waiting until after the team meeting on Monday night before they make a statement. It sounds like they want to make sure all of the details are correct. From what I understand the driver was a high school senior that had just gotten their license so both parties are minors.

Vibes to the kid and his family. I hope he pulls through.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    My older sister lives up in that area, crazy.