2016 Kitzbuhel/Hahnenkamm Downhill

Hi yall. First post on here, but been entertained reading stuff and learning from you guys for a couple years.
    Anyhow my lady is big into racing and I wanna plan a trip for us to the Hahnenkamm in 2016.
    Just getting into researching where to stay and ski and necessary budgeting and the like, but if any of you out there have any beta I would greatly appreciate it.
    Cheers everyone!
    If your ever in Twin Falls, ID swing by Claudes Sports and say hi!

Nekkid pics of lady friend would help.

Whaaaat??? I jumped in here thinking some amateur had actually done the Hahnenkamm and I was gonna get to read a cool TR and maybe see some carnage. Hotshot you're posting in the wrong place here. Probably should be here: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/f...ard-Discussion

I'm willing to trade beta for bate material. Forward me your lady friends best nekkid pics and we can talk

Still awaiting the nekkid pics, but in the meantime here's some beta:

- Skiing: Kitzbuhel is flipping HUGE. The Hahnenkamm side has great on/off piste options, but it is pretty low so early season could be dicey. Be aware Austrians ski approximately eleventy million MPH on the pistes and there's no such thing as a lift queue. Get your elbows ready for the lift lines...If you're headed off piste, bring your avy gear and a guide. Snowsports Kitzbuhel is great resource for both.

- Hotel: the Goldener Greif, if you can get in. Quaint little Austrian hotel, bitchin breakfast included.

- Apres: the Streifalm at the base of the Hahnenkamm or the Londoner

- Other: Austrians smoke like chimneys. If you go to bar, prepare yourself to come out smelling like a muffler.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    what of value have you learned in these last couple years here.
    I'm also intensely interested in this...

Lines were not as bad at Kitzbuehl as they were at other big mountains in Austria. It's not the Austrians who ski across your skis to jump on the t-bar, it's the eastern Europeans.

Anyway, the mountain is relatively empty during the ski race as everyone is down at the base watching it.

I stayed at Snow Bunny's hostel in town. Not great, but one of the cheaper options. Brekkie was lame, but at least it was something.