Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A note to future self-deleters

If you want to erase your tracks, have at it. No one cares. But you can't just delete threads that you started, because not everything in there is by you. You can delete your posts, but you can't delete other peoples' posts. Very poor form. Got it?

Woulda thought this was self-evident, yeesh.

I disagree.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

"can't" as in "shouldn't"?

Can't as in it's very poor form. It's just not done.

I dont know, man. Lets say I start an alias whinging about wanting to leave my wife because I have been living a lie for years and suddenly realize cock and hairy backs is where its at. Like REALLY hairy backs, like so hairy it makes that Russian / Wookie hybrid dude who is always hanging out in Glenwood Hot Springs look like Michael Phelps. But she has the money and supports my lifestyle and even pays for my heli-skiing and a new pair of Wailers every year. When my dick stopped working I just let her think it was because of all that weight she couldn't lose after our last kid.

So part of me just wants to continue living the lie for the sweet hookups and use her $$$ for sex tourism to keep my demons at bay. (Obviously I make up a lie, like I need the money and time away for an immersion Spanish class in Cuernavaca. And she is such a dumb clueless cow that she.doesnt catch on a few weeks after I am back when we go out for tapas and I can't understand anything on the menu or even have a basic exchange with the waiter. "Castillian Spanish is entirely different than Mexican Spanish," I explain to her.)

Also I like to wrap copper wire around my balls REAL tight and is it a problem that I cant stop doing it, even at work? I just sit there in a meeting with some assholes from Finance and it feels like my wontons are about to fall off. So delicious. But that cant be good long-term, right?

My thread generates the usual TGR mixture (96% bile and hatred and snark and 4% useful information and advice.) For pages. Then when I wake up in the morning and am sober, I realize what I have done and that I thought I had used an alias but I hadn't. And I ski with a bunch of you dudes and now a couple of you are going to know what was really up with that roll of copper wire in our condo at Big Sky last winter.

And you are saying I cant delete that thread because someone else posted in it telling me I was a cum-guzzling mooch who should use that spool of copper wire to fucking hang myself from a bridge?
    Last edited by JoeStrummer; 01-29-2015 at 01:39 AM.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Even if you delete it someone will remind you that they know. See almost every mtngirl thread

just another awesome perk of being stubbornly moderation-free.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    I dont know, man. Lets say I start an alias whinging about wanting to leave my wife because I have been living a lie for years and suddenly realize cock and hairy backs is where its at. Like REALLY hairy backs, like so hairy it makes that Russian / Wookie hybrid dude who is always hanging out in Glenwood Hot Springs look like Michael Phelps. But she has the money and supports my lifestyle and even pays for my heli-skiing and a new pair of Wailers every year. When my dick stopped working I just let her think it was because of all that weight she couldn't lose after our last kid.

So part of me just wants to continue living the lie for the sweet hookups and use her $$$ for sex tourism to keep my demons at bay. (Obviously I make up a lie, like I need the money and time away for an immersion Spanish class in Cuernavaca. And she is such a dumb clueless cow that she.doesnt catch on a few weeks after I am back when we go out for tapas and I can't understand anything on the menu or even have a basic exchange with the waiter. "Castillian Spanish is entirely different than Mexican Spanish," I explain to her.)

Also I like to wrap copper wire around my balls REAL tight and is it a problem that I cant stop doing it, even at work? I just sit there in a meeting with some assholes from Finance and it feels like my wontons are about to fall off. So delicious. But that cant be good long-term, right?

My thread generates the usual TGR mixture (96% bile and hatred and snark and 4% useful information and advice.) For pages. Then when I wake up in the morning and am sober, I realize what I have done and that I thought I had used an alias but I hadn't. And I ski with a bunch of you dudes and now a couple of you are going to know what was really up with that roll of copper wire in our condo at Big Sky last winter.

And you are saying I cant delete that thread because someone else posted in it telling me I was a cum-guzzling mooch who should use that spool of copper wire to fucking hang myself from a bridge?
    Remarkably detailed hypothetical situation... I hope you can find some peace. Seriously though, well done.

A Pantsuit trilogy-worthy post??

This is the funnyass shit that makes the foundation of this crazy place! Move this post to Hall of Fame...do not pass go.

I'm going to bed. You guys can sort it out in the morning.
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Quote Originally Posted by stizzmt View Post
    Remarkably detailed hypothetical situation... I hope you can find some peace. Seriously though, well done.
    Yes. Bravo.

OP should delete this thread.
    Life is not lift served.

Iceman for moderator

Strummer for editor in chief
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

woah dude
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I so miss Strummer posts <3

In that case, I'd say it's okay to delete it. But that's just me. I'll defer to ice.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    If you want to erase your tracks, have at it. No one cares. But you can't just delete threads that you started, because not everything in there is by you. You can delete your posts, but you can't delete other peoples' posts. Very poor form. Got it?

Woulda thought this was self-evident, yeesh.
    Is this a challenge?
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

While I'm not generally a big fan of deleting threads, I sorta like the way that occasionally doing it keeps the world from getting to predictable. It's nice to know that I'm just a little cheerio floating along randomly in that big cosmic bowl of breakfast and that, at any time and completely without warning, the universe could just come and take a big ole bite out of my little milky world.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

What thread was deleted? I totally agree with ice, but Strummer does make a compelling counterargument.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    don't phase me to lose a few posts when dumbfucks like cliffhucker and ride it pull their heads outta their ass realize their giant turd of a thread sucks and flush the loo
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I knew that would rankle you, but I don't really see it that way, especially in light of the content.
    I'm all about the self e-molation occasionanly, so I'm not following M. Le Scummers line, but that was a sore topic for me.
    It's not like F. Scot Fitzgerald is getting some baudy gin soaked tale of selfish debauchery deleted.

Individual rights are generally supreme but in no real life situations like this is responsibility or control dynamically democratic or fair. So this is one in which I will make that decision for others.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I'm thinking Ice's master plan is for his TGR activity to be his legacy ... nay ... "gift to the world" as it were. And what a beautiful gift it would be.

Bravo JS as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    What thread was deleted? I totally agree with ice, but Strummer does make a compelling counterargument.
    Looking at page 1, I am guessing the Divorce Lawyer in SLC??? I could care less if a thread gets deleted in here, unless of course JS posted in it. Then that just isn't right.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Cache everything and start sending out little reminders about how good that copper wire feels in snail mail. That way the target and usps will know.
    And I imagine usps would be totally into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

Thankful joe is back.

Also, look at the average number of posts by users in this thread.

so what happened with Splat?
    Move upside and let the man go through...