Boot stretcher ala intuition mold in SLC

Title says it all

I know long shot. I know make my own just dont have spare binders or parts to make my own and would like to mold up some intuitions i have asap. I also want to do it as correctly as possible at home.

If anyone local has one I could use or would like to help drop me a pm. Much thanks.

Just use a roommate. Worked for me.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Married my wife won't be able to hold my shell open long enough without screwing it up.

think i figured something out...

Boot stretcher when molding intuitions: solution looking for a problem. ;-)

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ^^^ you obviously have never tried to slay the 55 degree ALTA sick gnarz w/ an imperfection in your liner
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

meh i molded them and as soon as i put my foot back in i realized why i never use intuitions. I have a fucking skinny heel and not matter how hard i work that heel into a pocket (2x4) i never get a good pocket without padding. They also seem super soft compared to the stock cochise liner. The orig liner has all that plastic in the tongue area and it really increases the stiffness of the boot IMO. Maybe zipfits when i hit the lottery.

Anyway no real loss. I got the liners cheap.

Thanks for the responses. not all that helpful, but thanks anyway. Least I know you fools can read

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    go down to l9 tell em tyson says mold n pad my shit and put it on dibs bro deal mounts for beers he doesn't consume tab
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    go down to l9 tell em tyson says mold n pad my shit and put it on dibs bro deal mounts for beers he doesn't consume tab
    Thanks man....maybe i just dont like intuitions.

I had the same problem with Intuitions. The Zipfits were money (no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by skiburgher View Post
    I had the same problem with Intuitions. The Zipfits were money (no pun intended).
    yeah sadly thats the route i'll likely have to go..the bonus is i hear the zipfits will likely last me through a couple of shells ;-)

Ive seen pictures of people using a plywood base/cam straps/ cargo straps to hold a boot open

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    meh i molded them and as soon as i put my foot back in i realized why i never use intuitions. I have a fucking skinny heel and not matter how hard i work that heel into a pocket (2x4) i never get a good pocket without padding. They also seem super soft compared to the stock cochise liner. The orig liner has all that plastic in the tongue area and it really increases the stiffness of the boot IMO.
    sounds like you bought the wrong boot shell to begin with
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Did you use power wraps? Butterfly pad?
    I have a fairly narrow heel too, and have no problems in Agent 120s with Scarpa branded power wraps.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Ive seen pictures of people using a plywood base/cam straps/ cargo straps to hold a boot open

sounds like you bought the wrong boot shell to begin with
    been to a boot fitter..shell is correct...1.5 fingers. had to punch 6th toe..the issue is at the cuff...

Intuitions just feel flimsy compared to the stock liner with extra plastic. YMMV obviously. My calves are really high up my leg, and my ankle is way skinny. There isnt a boot out there (and ive tried a lot) that doesnt need padding to get me the needed heel hold. Ive been told Zipfits will likely fix this, but i dont have the coin right now.

Did you use power wraps? Butterfly pad?
    I have a fairly narrow heel too, and have no problems in Agent 120s with Scarpa branded power wraps.
    Thats the EXACT liner im attempting to make work...scarpa branded powerwrap. I do not have a butterfly handy to try. Im sure it wouuld fix the heel hold no question. Like mentioned above I always need heel work. Its really more that stiffness in the upper cuff im lacking. It is the correct size for the shell. 28.5 shell, 28.5 liner.

Nothing lost really...thanks for all the input.

I did use cargo straps and a piece of wood. It was a fine balance to get the boot to stand upright with enough tension on the straps. It worked for sure. I didnt need to use a spare set of binders. That wouldve made it easier, as per the molding thread, biut I dont have any lying around.

ZipFits do grip ankles like nobody's business, I've even heard some complain they are too firm. I used them in my last boot & really liked them. Current boot has Intuitions which I like, but they don't have the same ankle hold -- the ZipFit's grip on your ankle doesn't change over the liner's life. The cork-flo material doesn't pack out. It can migrate though, if you don't do the foot+liner insertion and removal technique suggested by ZipFit. ZipFits bring their own unique quirks/hassles, but worth it if you want your ankle held well.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Thats the EXACT liner im attempting to make work...scarpa branded powerwrap. I do not have a butterfly handy to try. Im sure it wouuld fix the heel hold no question. Like mentioned above I always need heel work. Its really more that stiffness in the upper cuff im lacking. It is the correct size for the shell. 28.5 shell, 28.5 liner.

Nothing lost really...thanks for all the input.

I did use cargo straps and a piece of wood. It was a fine balance to get the boot to stand upright with enough tension on the straps. It worked for sure. I didnt need to use a spare set of binders. That wouldve made it easier, as per the molding thread, biut I dont have any lying around.
    Interesting. You must have some tiny heels. You can try L pads or C pads or heel lifts in various sizes and places.
    Stupid question: you running a good innersole?
    No longer stuck.

You can make yourself a pretty effective heel hold pad by using both hands around your achilles area while checking your liner fit. As in sit on a chair with your foot in the liner, apply enough pressure to secure your heel and mark on your liner. Go buy a few butterfly pads, cut then slap in on your liner. It might take a few times but you just saved yourself 2 trips and a $100 to your favorite boot fitter. If you can't access a butterfly pad just find any kind of dense padding about 1/4-1/2" thick to experiment with for the positioning of the pad and some duct tape. You'll know right away of it works.
    If you really think it's an issue with the intuition liner try some cheap race liners and mess around. I skied the first gen Cochise liner a few days and thought it was worse than my first pair of $29 Munari ski boots from 1980.

Interesting. You must have some tiny heels. You can try L pads or C pads or heel lifts in various sizes and places.
    Stupid question: you running a good innersole?
    Custom insoles made by earl at sports loft in Utah.

Its really just intuitions, my stocks are butterflied up and have good heel hold but in getting some weird hotspots and they are packing out a bit so i figured I'd try the intuitions I had lying around. They just don't work for me. I could make them tolerable just not worth it.
    Again thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    You can make yourself a pretty effective heel hold pad by using both hands around your achilles area while checking your liner fit. As in sit on a chair with your foot in the liner, apply enough pressure to secure your heel and mark on your liner. Go buy a few butterfly pads, cut then slap in on your liner. It might take a few times but you just saved yourself 2 trips and a $100 to your favorite boot fitter. If you can't access a butterfly pad just find any kind of dense padding about 1/4-1/2" thick to experiment with for the positioning of the pad and some duct tape. You'll know right away of it works.
    If you really think it's an issue with the intuition liner try some cheap race liners and mess around. I skied the first gen Cochise liner a few days and thought it was worse than my first pair of $29 Munari ski boots from 1980.
    I get fine heel hold with the current butterflied up stock liners. They are just packing out.

Thanks. Good suggestions.