Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    skibrd,

Assuming you have the 193's? Also, anyone on the CB Tour must report as soon as they get any time on them. Could be the perfect replacement for the BMT 122, which was the perfect Japan ski.
    I’m on the 193.

I got to hold and flex the CB Tour version. Tbh I couldn’t really tell the difference between then and the standard version. I’d be just fine taking the standard CBs to Japan to me (with CAST). The 193s aren’t that heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just some rambling thoughts on 193 banana’s after skiing them all day today in everything you could imagine.

These are not renegades, they are not great in shitty snow like ren’s or BG’s. In good pow they are fun, but heavy wet, breakable crap the tail gets stuck.

They are a lot of work in bumped up snow, like way way more work than the bibby’s/wildcat’s on firmer chop, I dont get it since they are only 4mm wider and just as stiff, but they feel a lot wider. They aren’t horribly bad, but not a daily driver.

The mount point is pretty far forward and they take a centered’ish stance, but they are not a surfy/skid ski. The Banana feels more traditional in how it turns, probably due to the lack of taper. They are however easy to pivot and change direction, they just dont excel and sliding sideways down the mountain like some other skis.

They ski groomers fine, exactly what you’d expect, large radius and somewhat wide feeling underfoot, but very manageable.

They great in the air, the tail is solid on landings.

They ski straight amazing, like the best pow ski I have been on for going straight, if straight lining is your game this ski is it. Lets just say when I got too tired to ski the chop I just pointed it.

Hit me with some questions if you got them as I really felt like I finally figured them out today. Not my favorite ski, but will be keeping for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Just some rambling thoughts on 193 banana’s after skiing them all day today in everything you could imagine.

These are not renegades, they are not great in shitty snow like ren’s or BG’s. In good pow they are fun, but heavy wet, breakable crap the tail gets stuck.

They are a lot of work in bumped up snow, like way way more work than the bibby’s/wildcat’s on firmer chop, I dont get it since they are only 4mm wider and just as stiff, but they feel a lot wider. They aren’t horribly bad, but not a daily driver.

The mount point is pretty far forward and they take a centered’ish stance, but they are not a surfy/skid ski. The Banana feels more traditional in how it turns, probably due to the lack of taper. They are however easy to pivot and change direction, they just dont excel and sliding sideways down the mountain like some other skis.

They ski groomers fine, exactly what you’d expect, large radius and somewhat wide feeling underfoot, but very manageable.

They ski straight amazing, like the best pow ski I have been on for going straight, if straight lining is your game this ski is it. Lets just say when I got too tired to ski the chop I just pointed it.

Hit me with some questions if you got them as I really felt like I finally figured them out today. Not my favorite ski, but will be keeping for sure.
    Did you detune the edges?

This is good info. Gonna have to take a little time to digest and consider as the CB is on my super short list of next boards. One question on the tune end....are the bases flat...I mean truly flat? Seen a couple pair of new moments that were significantly edge high.

Hm, I haven’t checked the flatness and I did hit them with a gummy when I got them last year, but not super aggressively.

I’ve skied a bunch of railed skis and skis that are too sharp and these didn’t feel like that. More just the shape and flex dictating how they ski, don’t get me wrong they pivot great, but they don’t Mcconkey turn like other more playful skis.

I will check the tune on these though

I beveled the base edges on my bananas at 1.5 except the middle 1/3 of the ski which I left at 1. That, combined with a decent amount of detuning, made them quite a bit more enjoyable on firm conditions without giving up much edge hold when needed.

Mine were sharp (but not anywhere close to Praxis sharp) and the bases are definitely not flat. The bases also take a LOT of wax, they are really dry, and even I do wax them they shred the wax fast.

I agree with Mr_Pretzel that the tails seem to get stuck in funky snow, but if you get on them and drive them they are fine. They are not a relax and and forget it ski, like the Shiros, but not demanding.

I’m not the surfiest skier, so I don’t have a comment on their surfyness. They seem more of a slash and carve ski. They just do what I want when I want. I don’t have any issue with their maneuverability. We had some refrozen punch sun crust, and as long as I got forward and drove them, they did alright, but sometimes I had to get back and drive with the tails through them.

They are stiff, and like going straight. Sometimes I wish I mounted them further back then -1. Looking at the rocker profile, I don’t think I can go further back, and they work fine as they are.

I like them, they work for me. Definitely not a daily driver, but I keep grabbing them when I’d traditionally grab my Shiros or BMX 115.

Here’s a rocker pic of the 193, as you can see not much splay except for the twinned tail, not surprising that they aren’t very loose.
    [Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B4F98F07-D4A4-4184-BD97-C4C5F892BE71.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	476.1 KB 
ID:	355877

damn that rocker profile makes me want a pair.

Melee can I get a pair with some better graphics?

Here’s a rocker pic of the 193, as you can see not much splay except for the twinned tail, not surprising that they aren’t very loose.
    [Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B4F98F07-D4A4-4184-BD97-C4C5F892BE71.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	476.1 KB 
ID:	355877
    Mine are very similar. There is maybe 6-12 inches of flat under foot? They are truly bananas.

The graphic is fine. You don’t notice them.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    damn that rocker profile makes me want a pair.

Melee can I get a pair with some better graphics?
    A banana and a chipotle pepper on bikes jousting each other with chipotle peppers. And one of the chipotle peppers has tattoo on his butt.

This is definitively the peak of ski topsheet design.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    A banana and a chipotle pepper on bikes jousting each other with chipotle peppers. And one of the chipotle peppers has tattoo on his butt.

This is definitively the peak of ski topsheet design.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    The topsheet alone has made me almost pull the trigger on a pair more than once. It's Moment's best graphic imo.

Any more end of season thoughts or feelings on the CB's? Really want an excuse to buy

Yeah, just do it.

Any more end of season thoughts or feelings on the CB's? Really want an excuse to buy
    They’re sick, and you’ll use them more often than you might expect. I’d recommend a mount at -1 unless you plan on getting flippy spinny

Just mounted mine. Couldn’t decide between on the line and -1, so I went with -0.5. Ready for some spring laps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0294.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	370215

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    Just mounted mine. Couldn’t decide between on the line and -1, so I went with -0.5. Ready for some spring laps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0294.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	370215
    Way to compromise!
    Love the CB, a classic for sure!

The Blister Review is spot on. Got to ski fast to get them to float, if not the tip will dive. Super easy to ski, but you have to really fly.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    The Blister Review is spot on. Got to ski fast to get them to float, if not the tip will dive. Super easy to ski, but you have to really fly.

To that point I bought mine partly to force myself to rail a little more than I normally would left to my own devices.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post

That's interesting. I never felt that and my pair is mounted on recommended. I skied waist deep snow while touring on CB and I'm definitely not a charger - prefer more of a playful approach. On the other hand, I'm only 155, might be that.

As for the resort performance of these, I was not impressed, to be honest. I felt the edge grip was poor and also the sweet spot on these is very small. If I'd be able to change something, that will definitely be less tip and tail rocker, while also adding the stiffness to behind the heel section. If you accidentally land backseat sometimes it's a real struggle to get back. They truly behave like a banana, slipping away under your legs. If you are not driving them, they punish you really fast. On the other hand - if you are freestyle-ish, these are blast. Nose butters, tail presses, throwing tricks - they are awesome for all of this. At the end, I realize these are powder skis, but expected them to be more versatile. From what I skied, BC Nocta, Candide 5.0, 4FRNT Renegade are far more versatile and chargy (at least from my point of view) but definitely less jibby. It just depends on what you are getting fun from.

Any need to screw with the base edge bevel on these? I've never been picky when it comes to that sort of thing, pretty much only detuning when a pair of skis comes with a full-on, razor-sharp race tune (looking at you Atomic Bent Chetlers.) Thought I'd ask, though.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    Any need to screw with the base edge bevel on these? I've never been picky when it comes to that sort of thing, pretty much only detuning when a pair of skis comes with a full-on, razor-sharp race tune (looking at you Atomic Bent Chetlers.) Thought I'd ask, though.
    They ski fine with a standard detune past the sidecut contact points, but I put a 1.5* base on mine and like em more for it.