Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 42 of 42
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,405

    Moment Chipotle Banana

    I have a pair on their way to me. Can compare to 4frnt Renegades/hojis/184 and 194 Devs/186+193 EHPs, Volkl Ones, Praxis Pows etc

    Hopes: skis like a Renegade that floats a little better, planes better at lower speed/lower angle and on lower density snow with Moment construction

    Fears: could feel pretty short, maybe rocking-horse effect. Iím coming off the 196 Ren but I lost some weight and Iím short so I donít feel I need those things that just want to rage.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Winthrop, WA. Methow valley
    Posts
    862
    Wish you guys would just tell me what I want to hear about these fucking things, and that they will make my wildest dreams come true, so I can just buy a pair.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Wish you guys would just tell me what I want to hear about these fucking things, and that they will make my wildest dreams come true, so I can just buy a pair.
    Just fucking buy them already. They absolutely slay, and make me feel way more badass than I actually am. They ski pretty short, so size up if on the fence.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,405
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    Just fucking buy them already. They absolutely slay, and make me feel way more badass than I actually am. They ski pretty short, so size up if on the fence.
    Care to compare to any other reverse camber camber skis youíve tried?

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Livingston, MT
    Posts
    1,218
    Iíll be an outlier. Ski the OG 186 and have never once wanted more length. Lay them on edge and they have plenty of effective edge plus the stiffness gives up nothing. Caveat is I ski Bridger Bowl and have downsized all my skis many moons ago for the nooks and crannies. Think about selling occasionally, but then what would I replace them with since Iíve never skied a soft snow ski Iíve liked more in the last, well ever.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    275
    would also be interesting to compare those to Faction Candide 5.0. Same waist, flat underfoot, full rocker, probably same stiffness? Surprisingly, candide is not a noodly modern freestyle ski at all, noticeably stiffer than Bibby/Wildcat, they really charge.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    26
    Anyone out there looking to unload a pair of 193s?

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,405

    Moment Chipotle Banana

    Just mounted some 186s up around -1cm from recommended to reuse some holes. Hopefully testing them out on snow this week.

    Initial comparisons to Renegades and Hojisó CBs hand flex similar to, but maybe a little less stiff than Hojis and are significantly less stiff than my 196 white room Renegades. CBs have less rocker in the tips and tails and less taper too, the rocker profile is very gradual. They hand flex stiffer than my 184 stock/veneer Praxis Piste Jib which is a 3 flex iirc.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,066
    Stopped in the Moment factory the other day. Guy working (didn't get his name) said he would recommend the Ghost Train for me over the CB because GT has a bit longer effective edge and is bit more stable on landings due to the modified triple-camber.

    Anyone ski both or can compare? I am intrigued: https://www.momentskis.com/products/ghost-train

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles/Mammoth
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Stopped in the Moment factory the other day. Guy working (didn't get his name) said he would recommend the Ghost Train for me over the CB because GT has a bit longer effective edge and is bit more stable on landings due to the modified triple-camber.

    Anyone ski both or can compare? I am intrigued: https://www.momentskis.com/products/ghost-train
    That guy was wrong.

    Ghost Train 194 effective edge = 1470mm (thats per Fasa last year, its unchanged since then)
    Chipotle Banana 193 effective edge = 1517mm

    I have had both (currently have the Bananas). Bananas are stiffer, straighter, and have more effective edge which definitely all adds up to a more stable ski.

    My Ghost Trains got deflected quite a bit when it was heavy chop, and couldnt really drive the tips.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,066
    Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    That guy was wrong.

    Ghost Train 194 effective edge = 1470mm (thats per Fasa last year, its unchanged since then)
    Chipotle Banana 193 effective edge = 1517mm

    I have had both (currently have the Bananas). Bananas are stiffer, straighter, and have more effective edge which definitely all adds up to a more stable ski.

    My Ghost Trains got deflected quite a bit when it was heavy chop, and couldnt really drive the tips.
    Geez man, you've owned the catalog! Haha.

    Got any other thoughts? use would be resort pow ski. Replacing my BIbby. I wanted something a fat fatter, a bit surfier, still lands as well, still charge chop (if possible, Squaw/alpine gets tracked quick). Sounds like CB is better in every regard.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Geez man, you've owned the catalog! Haha.

    Got any other thoughts? use would be resort pow ski. Replacing my BIbby. I wanted something a fat fatter, a bit surfier, still lands as well, still charge chop (if possible, Squaw/alpine gets tracked quick). Sounds like CB is better in every regard.
    Youíre headed down the right road. Iím actually considering the unthinkable, and selling my Wildcats. Not because I donít absolutely love them, but because I enjoy the Bananas even more in soft conditions. The wildcats are more versatile when things get firm, but Iíve got other skis for that.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,405

    Moment Chipotle Banana

    I like these Nanners, I like them a lot. First day on snow and they were super intuitive. Will give more thoughts soon, hopefully Iíll have a chance to ski them more this season (Iím in NE)

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles/Mammoth
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Geez man, you've owned the catalog! Haha.

    Got any other thoughts? use would be resort pow ski. Replacing my BIbby. I wanted something a fat fatter, a bit surfier, still lands as well, still charge chop (if possible, Squaw/alpine gets tracked quick). Sounds like CB is better in every regard.
    Haha yeah, its rediculous, i know. I can without hesitation say you should get the Bananas. Its exactly what you are looking for, and exactly what all of us Bibby faithful were looking for in a more pow oriented bibby. And get the big ones.

    Havent skied mine yet, but from reports of everyone on here, and from my roommate that has a pair (and is a loyal bibby skier), they are CLUTCH.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Haha yeah, its rediculous, i know. I can without hesitation say you should get the Bananas. Its exactly what you are looking for, and exactly what all of us Bibby faithful were looking for in a more pow oriented bibby. And get the big ones.

    Havent skied mine yet, but from reports of everyone on here, and from my roommate that has a pair (and is a loyal bibby skier), they are CLUTCH.
    Basically, theyíre a Bibby thatís been bent to their sweet spot, and then they got stuck there. So good.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    395
    Man these seem like they'd be fun!

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,405
    Bump for 186s and 193s in stock

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •