Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Moment Chipotle Banana

I have a pair on their way to me. Can compare to 4frnt Renegades/hojis/184 and 194 Devs/186+193 EHPs, Volkl Ones, Praxis Pows etc

Hopes: skis like a Renegade that floats a little better, planes better at lower speed/lower angle and on lower density snow with Moment construction

Fears: could feel pretty short, maybe rocking-horse effect. I’m coming off the 196 Ren but I lost some weight and I’m short so I don’t feel I need those things that just want to rage.

Wish you guys would just tell me what I want to hear about these fucking things, and that they will make my wildest dreams come true, so I can just buy a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Wish you guys would just tell me what I want to hear about these fucking things, and that they will make my wildest dreams come true, so I can just buy a pair.
    Just fucking buy them already. They absolutely slay, and make me feel way more badass than I actually am. They ski pretty short, so size up if on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    Just fucking buy them already. They absolutely slay, and make me feel way more badass than I actually am. They ski pretty short, so size up if on the fence.
    Care to compare to any other reverse camber camber skis you’ve tried?

I’ll be an outlier. Ski the OG 186 and have never once wanted more length. Lay them on edge and they have plenty of effective edge plus the stiffness gives up nothing. Caveat is I ski Bridger Bowl and have downsized all my skis many moons ago for the nooks and crannies. Think about selling occasionally, but then what would I replace them with since I’ve never skied a soft snow ski I’ve liked more in the last, well ever.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

would also be interesting to compare those to Faction Candide 5.0. Same waist, flat underfoot, full rocker, probably same stiffness? Surprisingly, candide is not a noodly modern freestyle ski at all, noticeably stiffer than Bibby/Wildcat, they really charge.

Anyone out there looking to unload a pair of 193s?

Moment Chipotle Banana

Just mounted some 186s up around -1cm from recommended to reuse some holes. Hopefully testing them out on snow this week.

Initial comparisons to Renegades and Hojis— CBs hand flex similar to, but maybe a little less stiff than Hojis and are significantly less stiff than my 196 white room Renegades. CBs have less rocker in the tips and tails and less taper too, the rocker profile is very gradual. They hand flex stiffer than my 184 stock/veneer Praxis Piste Jib which is a 3 flex iirc.

Stopped in the Moment factory the other day. Guy working (didn't get his name) said he would recommend the Ghost Train for me over the CB because GT has a bit longer effective edge and is bit more stable on landings due to the modified triple-camber.

Anyone ski both or can compare? I am intrigued: https://www.momentskis.com/products/ghost-train
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Stopped in the Moment factory the other day. Guy working (didn't get his name) said he would recommend the Ghost Train for me over the CB because GT has a bit longer effective edge and is bit more stable on landings due to the modified triple-camber.

Anyone ski both or can compare? I am intrigued: https://www.momentskis.com/products/ghost-train
    That guy was wrong.

Ghost Train 194 effective edge = 1470mm (thats per Fasa last year, its unchanged since then)
    Chipotle Banana 193 effective edge = 1517mm

I have had both (currently have the Bananas). Bananas are stiffer, straighter, and have more effective edge which definitely all adds up to a more stable ski.

My Ghost Trains got deflected quite a bit when it was heavy chop, and couldnt really drive the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    That guy was wrong.

Ghost Train 194 effective edge = 1470mm (thats per Fasa last year, its unchanged since then)
    Chipotle Banana 193 effective edge = 1517mm

I have had both (currently have the Bananas). Bananas are stiffer, straighter, and have more effective edge which definitely all adds up to a more stable ski.

My Ghost Trains got deflected quite a bit when it was heavy chop, and couldnt really drive the tips.
    Geez man, you've owned the catalog! Haha.

Got any other thoughts? use would be resort pow ski. Replacing my BIbby. I wanted something a fat fatter, a bit surfier, still lands as well, still charge chop (if possible, Squaw/alpine gets tracked quick). Sounds like CB is better in every regard.
    sproing!

Got any other thoughts? use would be resort pow ski. Replacing my BIbby. I wanted something a fat fatter, a bit surfier, still lands as well, still charge chop (if possible, Squaw/alpine gets tracked quick). Sounds like CB is better in every regard.
    You’re headed down the right road. I’m actually considering the unthinkable, and selling my Wildcats. Not because I don’t absolutely love them, but because I enjoy the Bananas even more in soft conditions. The wildcats are more versatile when things get firm, but I’ve got other skis for that.

Moment Chipotle Banana

I like these Nanners, I like them a lot. First day on snow and they were super intuitive. Will give more thoughts soon, hopefully I’ll have a chance to ski them more this season (I’m in NE)

Haha yeah, its rediculous, i know. I can without hesitation say you should get the Bananas. Its exactly what you are looking for, and exactly what all of us Bibby faithful were looking for in a more pow oriented bibby. And get the big ones.

Havent skied mine yet, but from reports of everyone on here, and from my roommate that has a pair (and is a loyal bibby skier), they are CLUTCH.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Haha yeah, its rediculous, i know. I can without hesitation say you should get the Bananas. Its exactly what you are looking for, and exactly what all of us Bibby faithful were looking for in a more pow oriented bibby. And get the big ones.

Havent skied mine yet, but from reports of everyone on here, and from my roommate that has a pair (and is a loyal bibby skier), they are CLUTCH.
    Basically, they’re a Bibby that’s been bent to their sweet spot, and then they got stuck there. So good.

Man these seem like they'd be fun!

Bump for 186s and 193s in stock

What size banana is recommended for a 5'10" 195lb pretty aggressive skier in CO? Ive been on the 190 bibby for 4-5 years and have loved them, but sometimes find myself wishing they were a little shorter to be better in trees. Not that I've struggled much, just because they are big! Ive never skied a fully rockered ski and I don't know if I'm supposed to size up in these?
    Thanks, and sorry if this is a tired old question

Quote Originally Posted by jsdavis2007 View Post
    What size banana is recommended for a 5'10" 195lb pretty aggressive skier in CO? Ive been on the 190 bibby for 4-5 years and have loved them, but sometimes find myself wishing they were a little shorter to be better in trees. Not that I've struggled much, just because they are big! Ive never skied a fully rockered ski and I don't know if I'm supposed to size up in these?
    If you're comfortable on the 190 Bibby then I'd go 193 in the CB. Full rocker will be noticeably more pivoty/maneuverable in tight terrain than the Bibby.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    If you're comfortable on the 190 Bibby then I'd go 193 in the CB. Full rocker will be noticeably more pivoty/maneuverable in tight terrain than the Bibby.
    I would disagree. The 193 is a beast.

Go 186, it has PLENTY of float and is way more fun.

This is coming from a guy that always skis the DW90, WC90, etc and is 6'2" 180lbs

186cm.

You said ‘trees’.

Doesn’t sound like you’re looking for a lot more stability over your Bibby which is what the 193 is for. The 186 is already likely a more stable ski than the Bibby...

Quote Originally Posted by jsdavis2007 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    would also be interesting to compare those to Faction Candide 5.0. Same waist, flat underfoot, full rocker, probably same stiffness? Surprisingly, candide is not a noodly modern freestyle ski at all, noticeably stiffer than Bibby/Wildcat, they really charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I have a pair on their way to me. Can compare to 4frnt Renegades/hojis/184 and 194 Devs/186+193 EHPs, Volkl Ones, Praxis Pows etc

Hopes: skis like a Renegade that floats a little better, planes better at lower speed/lower angle and on lower density snow with Moment construction

Fears: could feel pretty short, maybe rocking-horse effect. I’m coming off the 196 Ren but I lost some weight and I’m short so I don’t feel I need those things that just want to rage.
    Any more thoughts on comparisons to Candide 5.0s or 196 Renegades?

My hope is that the CBs would act exactly like you were hoping for Self Jupiter: more float and a more supportive tip in pow compared to Rens with less rocking-horse effect. I loved my old 190 Faction Royales too but did not get along with Candide 4.0s when I tried them. The huge tip on the Royale was great for skiing pow in trees, but they just didn't quite have the looseness of the Rens. However, had to be really on all the time on the Renegades where as I could ski the Royales a bit lazier. Hoping the CBs would be a mix of the two maybe? Currently trying an old set of 11/12 191 Billy Goats and love how loose the tip is but not sure I get along with the pin tail so looking for something a bit more symmetrical...

Moment Chipotle Banana

Quote Originally Posted by flatland View Post
    Any more thoughts on comparisons to Candide 5.0s or 196 Renegades?

My hope is that the CBs would act exactly like you were hoping for Self Jupiter: more float and a more supportive tip in pow compared to Rens with less rocking-horse effect. I loved my old 190 Faction Royales too but did not get along with Candide 4.0s when I tried them. The huge tip on the Royale was great for skiing pow in trees, but they just didn't quite have the looseness of the Rens. However, had to be really on all the time on the Renegades where as I could ski the Royales a bit lazier. Hoping the CBs would be a mix of the two maybe? Currently trying an old set of 11/12 191 Billy Goats and love how loose the tip is but not sure I get along with the pin tail so looking for something a bit more symmetrical...
    So far so good, but I’ve only been able to get out on them twice and I’ll be lucky if I can get that many days on them again this season with the way things are going.

I went from 196 Rens to 186 CBs after I lost a bunch of weight. I believe I put my initial thoughts here or in the Moment thread.
    Feel pretty confident in saying the CBs are better in crud and in firm conditions (better edge hold, less rocking horse effect, easier to make tighter turn shapes). Need more time on them in powder before I make any conclusions with that, but I’m really happy so far. I’m guessing they’re better in low density powder and float better at slower speeds (cbs are lighter weight and significantly less stiff to hand flex) likely at the expense of not being quite as good in heavy ass cement mank and rain crust, which the Rens were really good in. But that’s still mostly speculative. I also have 185 Powderboards which rule in those kinds of conditions.

Grabbed my CBs the last 3 days, I’m impressed. I was looking (expecting?) for a complaint, but I don’t have any. They ski pow great. They are stable when I want them to be, they are maneuverable when I want them to wiggle. They hold their composure on groomers getting back to the lift. I really don’t have any complaints.

They are mounted a big forward for what I usually like, but it hasn’t been a big issue. I sort of wish Moment made a 193cm 112mm version, a skinny CB, with a slightly bigger flat spot under foot, cause that would be awesome.

I guess my only complaint is I won’t be able to grab them enough day’s, and definitely won’t be selling them. And that’s high praise from a gear whore who constantly is flipping skis.

I really like them.

For reference: I mounted them at -1. On 6-3 225lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

skibrd,

Assuming you have the 193's? Also, anyone on the CB Tour must report as soon as they get any time on them. Could be the perfect replacement for the BMT 122, which was the perfect Japan ski.