Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    It's an amazing time. I've only been once but I went for 4 days early rounds. Bought a couple of expensive tickets to Armstrong and Grandstand but to be honest enjoyed the perepheral courts more (you're so close to the action and can move around if something cool is happening on another court. I would be there 11am to 11pm and thought it was great value. Can't wait to get back next year.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Wozniacki having a good run. May have just gotten easier. Sevastova just rolled her ankle and is taped up pretty good. Don't think she will finish this match. Tears in her eyes as she is playing.

Congratulations Serena, most major championship wins all time. Men or women.
    I still call it The Jake.

Tsonga goes down with a knee injury now. Buzzkill evening session tonight.

Djoko's draw has just been absurd so far. Pulling hard for a Delpo Monfils final.

Yeah, Djoker has played all of 9 sets to reach the finals. Feel good for him, bad for the fans at Ashe tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    Delpo Monfils final.
    Good luck with that. Me? I'll really go out on a limb with Murray-Djokovic.

Never been, and honestly get a lot more outta watching my kids play in State and Regional USTA events. Did send my wife one year with friends. Not an inexpensive trip. Understatement.
    "Can't you see..."

One recommendation that should not be passed up if you're going to the open:

Stop in to The Grand Central Oyster Bar before catching the 7 train to Flushing. Eat nothing but oysters, shooters, 2 dirty gin martinis and a bottle of sparkling rosé.

The next 12 hours at the open will fly by.

It helps they serve Möet and Heinekens like bottled water though.

End the day looking out of one eye and high fiving Jim Courrier, Rafa Nadal and James Blake.

Murray and Nishikori in the 5th set. 4-3 Nishikori and he's serving. Great match.

I have gone quite a few times and have never made it into the stadiums. The back courts are awesome you get to see some great tennis up close. The idea of heading into nosebleed seats doesn't appeal at all. We really tried to get there this year but couldn't arrange time off together to get it done.

Loosely looking into the French Open for next year. Again wanting to be able to see the smaller courts up close. Monte Carlo would be a dream trip. I am more of a clay guy than a hard court guy. In the USA it's mostly green clay but had a chance to play on some real red clay in South America and once sprung for 1.5 hours of grass court time at the Tennis Hall of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    One recommendation that should not be passed up if you're going to the open:

Stop in to The Grand Central Oyster Bar before catching the 7 train to Flushing. Eat nothing but oysters, shooters, 2 dirty gin martinis and a bottle of sparkling rosé.

The next 12 hours at the open will fly by.

It helps they serve Möet and Heinekens like bottled water though.

End the day looking out of one eye and high fiving Jim Courrier, Rafa Nadal and James Blake.
    Next time my friend, next time...
    I think I'd like that.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Wow. Nishikori pulls off the upset of Murray.

Serena drops the second set. 2-1 on serve in the third.

Ahhh... Del Potro lost last night?
    Wanted to watch the whole thing, but I had to go to bed at the third set...

Pilskova takes the first set over Serena 6-2. Back to back nights for both of them. Serena had a tough three setter last night.

2015 Tennis Thread

Czech girl's running a really great game.
    She might has a chance to beat Serena.

Did anybody get to take advantage of the free admission today? I wanted to get down there but life got in the way

2015 Tennis Thread

Down goes Serena. Loses second set tiebreak. Go Wozniacki in the second SF tonight.

Really tough loss by Serena. Still can't figure out why she had to go back to back nights QF and SF. I know the Women's final is always on Saturday but I can't recall an Open where the QF winner had to play in the SF the next night. Rough stuff, I was pulling for her and I generally can't stand her as a person. Best woman player of all time though and as we saw this week, best major player mens or womens of all time. Sucks for her.

Pliskova has a serve on her, she'll be deadly in the final. And on a personal note, she has one incredible body on her too, not that that matters though.

Kerber bringing the power. Way too much for Wozniacki. This will be over quick.

Classic Serena comments in the presser. Injured (did look like that against Halep....) didn't play well etc. I'm sure the only reason she has fans sometimes in because she's USA and wins a lot.

Pliskova has a serve on her, she'll be deadly in the final. And on a personal note, she has one incredible body on her too, not that that matters though.
    She has been on a heck on a roll from even before Wimbledon. Seems reasonably together mentally too which is a rarity for the WTA. Her movement is a weakness which seems to be an issue when they are really tall she has that gawkiness of teenage sharapova and davenport which hopefully she will manage to improve. The WTA desperately needs a new face that can stick around; I was hoping that would be Mugu but she's done the WTA disappearing act losing early left and right since the FO win.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Kerber bringing the power. Way too much for Wozniacki. This will be over quick.
    Care Bear can do everything Woz can do and has more firepower. She had a good run at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by b dubya View Post
    Tricks are for hookers

Really tough loss by Serena. Still can't figure out why she had to go back to back nights QF and SF. I know the Women's final is always on Saturday but I can't recall an Open where the QF winner had to play in the SF the next night. Rough stuff, I was pulling for her and I generally can't stand her as a person. Best woman player of all time though and as we saw this week, best major player mens or womens of all time. Sucks for her.

She kept saying she wasn't tired and fatigue wasn't the reason at the press conference.
    She seemed very annoyed press kept asking if back to back match was the reason.

Pliskova's body looks like a barbie.
    Her arms and legs go forever.
    Her arm's probably the same length as my inseam.

2015 Tennis Thread

The men played back to back five set matches for decades. It is not a strong excuse for the women.

Djoker should be wrapping up this domination of Monfils by the time happy hour wraps up. Perfect.

Too bad though, Novak could use a bit of competition in this tournament before the final and Gael has always been an entertaining player.

On a completely unrelated note Brad Gilbert does an outstanding job of finding some gorgeous trim to stand in front of when he does his on court segments.

Monfils giving Djokovik a good match. 2-1 D, 3-2 D in the fourth set on serve. Monfils just headed to the locker room.