Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: dead50.com

dead50.com

look it up hippies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

dead50.com

Outta be interesting.
    Last edited by schwerty; 01-16-2015 at 10:44 AM.

Webcast details sure to follow for all those thousands that don't get tiks/can't make it. This will be a hell of a circus!

I cringed at first glance. However the special guests have me seriously intrigued.

dead50.com

JC and Hornsby are exciting to me but I'm not wild about Trey stepping in. Nothing against Phish fans, (I was into for a little while myself), but Trey, although a fantastic musician and a deadhead himself, seems to be a reach to another audience. I dunno. It's not like they wouldn't sell out soldier if JK was on board! Could be wrong. Maybe he will be great.
    Last edited by schwerty; 01-16-2015 at 10:44 AM.

I was joking with a friend this morning that they pulled Trey in to squelch the Warren vs. John K vs. Kimock bitching. Seems like a weird call.

Stoked Jeff C made the cut.

May throw in for mail order, see what happens, figure it out if we get some duckets

I had a ticket to the last Dead show in Chicago.
    Didn't go, rather gave the ticket away to somebody who really, really wanted to go. Meh.

Just being in Chicago will be an interesting perspective. My wife wants to go, so she's making the effort for tics. I'm along for the ride if it happens. Not a huge fan of big venue shitshows anymore, but this one will be fun I'm sure.

The Dead Phish..lol or Treyful Dead.... Be a bunch of curled up pharm heads all whacked out on goo balls and other synthetic shit passed out all over the place... Just like the final years of the dead and phish shows today.. A shit show....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1421611466.119127.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	162820

LMAO ticket check.... Nice pic.....lol

I got to the PO 10 mins after it opened this morning and the woman at the counter said I was the fourth person getting $orders/doing Dead mail order since they opened. If I lived in NYC I wouldn't think much of it. But, this is a tiny PO in Wilson, WY. Mail order was never a guarantee but this feels like playing the powerball lottery. Best of luck if any of you are making the effort.

Was already heading for 2nd weekend of Jazz Fest when this was announced:

4th Annual Nolafunk Jazzfest Series Presents
    A 50th Anniversary Grateful Dead Celebration

Voodoo Dead featuring Bill Kreutzmann, Steve Kimock, Keller Williams, Dave Schools, & Jeff Chimenti plus special guests George Porter Jr., Papa Mali (5/2), and more TBA

Saturday, May 2nd and Sunday, May 3rd 2015
    Republic New Orleans

could be kinda fun...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1421780893.023576.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	779.1 KB 
ID:	162905

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I got to the PO 10 mins after it opened this morning and the woman at the counter said I was the fourth person getting $orders/doing Dead mail order since they opened. If I lived in NYC I wouldn't think much of it. But, this is a tiny PO in Wilson, WY. Mail order was never a guarantee but this feels like playing the powerball lottery. Best of luck if any of you are making the effort.
    That's classic! I will say ski towns might have a higher percentage of heads vs other small towns.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1421780893.023576.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	779.1 KB 
ID:	162905
    Awesome!

I didn't take a pic of the one my wife drew on, but it was a pretty cool micro bus...shocking! She's an artist and an art teacher. Not that it should or will make any difference on getting tics.

Anyone look at rooms? Serious gouging going on and many sold out.

It was the talk at my post office also. Somebody sent 6k out...yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Anyone look at rooms? Serious gouging going on and many sold out.

It was the talk at my post office also. Somebody sent 6k out...yikes!
    Got mine the minute I heard about the shows. Hilton @ $199/nt. Think it's going for triple that now.

Not that it matters as none of us will be getting tickets via mail order or on-line sale. Going to be a lot of dissapointed people. Nose bleeds will start at $500 on stubhub. Pit will be $1,500+
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

I hope this doesn't turn into a disaster. It's happened before.

They should agree to do a run on both coasts so this doesn't get out of hand. Just a guess but I could see many,many thousands of ticketless folks descending on the area. Bound to be some assholes in that group....there certainly were the last few years the band was touring!

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I cringed at first glance. However the special guests have me seriously intrigued.
    Likewise

Quote Originally Posted by iceclimberx15 View Post
    The Dead Phish..lol or Treyful Dead.... Be a bunch of curled up pharm heads all whacked out on goo balls and other synthetic shit passed out all over the place... Just like the final years of the dead and phish shows today.. A shit show....
    Or like all the H during all the 1980s Dead tours. Same shit different decade

This is my friend's envelope. You couldn't pay me enough to be there in person. Live stream would be cool, maybe throw a fun party with all the TV's on it?

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post

This is my friend's envelope. You couldn't pay me enough to be there in person. Live stream would be cool, maybe throw a fun party with all the TV's on it?
    Yeah, check it out.

http://www.gdtstoo.com/
    http://www.jambase.com/Articles/1237...ting-Tradition

My wife got us a room.

I agree Schwerty...It could be ugly unfortunately. I hope not.

i heard that the berkeley main post office was so happening yesterday, that people were turning around and not sending their mail order having been fully satisfied by the shakedown street scene.

I've never stopped seeing the boys play. The Other Ones, Furthur, The Dead, Phil, the Doggy, Hornsby, Mickey; I am not compelled to see this. Give me Phil's band after they've played a dozen shows. It will be musically better than this IMO. I'll stream it and have a party, but If I wasn't getting in to all three shows I don't want to hassle with getting to Chicago.

People have been saying for years that the touring members of the GD are a nostalgia act (usually the people that stay home) and I disagree, but this may be the event they're talking about.