Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: dead50.com

That is funny, but at the same time the reality of those jokes kinda sucks!

"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

SO guess what fuckers......

No presale on the internet anymore. They just moved the goal post. If you didnt mail order, there will be only one general sale by ticketmaster on Feb 28th.

Real fucking kind..... way to change the rules after you laid them out. 3 fucking days to get a mail order out and now this. Clusterfuck already in full effect.

TICKET INFO

Tickets will be offered through Grateful Dead Ticketing mail order and a public on sale via Ticketmaster.

Wow! We’re excited (and humbled) to discover that your enthusiasm for Fare Thee Well matches our own! We have received an overwhelming number of mail order ticket requests. In an effort to honor the history and spirit of the Grateful Dead, we are going to try to fill as many of these orders as possible. This means there will be no other pre-sales. In order to give the good folks at GDTS TOO time to sort through the 60,000+ (!) envelopes received so far the new public on sale is Feb 28th @ 10 a.m. CST via Ticketmaster.
    Public on sale is Feb 28th @ 10 a.m. CST via Ticketmaster.
    We are excited to team up with CID Entertainment to offer VIP and Travel packages to enhance your experience in Chicago! VIP Experiences include amazing seats and amenities. Travel Packages offer a wide range of hotel choices in the Chicago area with your choice of ticket package and round-trip transportation to Soldier Field.
    There will be a general admission pit directly in front of the stage ($99.50). Reserved tickets range from $59.50-$199.50.

A limited number of taper tickets will available for each show exclusively via mail order through Grateful Dead Ticketing. Taping is permitted exclusively in the designated tapers section.

ADA seating will be offer through Ticketmaster starting on 2/14.

All mail order and Dead Online Ticketing purchasers will receive commemorative Fare Thee Well tickets, designed with art selected by Grateful Dead Ticketing from the mail order envelopes submitted by fans.

***No tickets have been released yet. If you attempt to purchase tickets from an online ticket reseller prior to February 12th they are likely to be counterfeit.
    DICKS.......

OH YEAH AND THIS TIDBIT FROM RELIX

(requesting an estimated 350,000+ tickets for the three nights).

between the hotels gouging the shit out of prices and this ticket fiasco, i'm content to watch it on 'couch tour'.
    i'm saving my $$$ for Phish summer tour.
    good luck y'all!
    http://www.jambase.com/Articles/1238...r-60000-Orders
    crab in my shoe mouth

dead50.com

I think it's awesome that many people threw in for mail order, if in fact they all came from heads and not scalpers. I think this ends up in a last waltz kind of way, maybe just the Sunday show but it seems likely there will be some sit ins.

You know our love will not fade away.......
    Last edited by ticketchecker; 01-27-2015 at 11:08 AM.

After reading this thread it appears almost every aspect of the event will embody exactly the opposite of what the Dead have represented to millions of people for the last 50 years. Even if it is fantastic music it will come at the cost of requiring you to wallow in an ocean of bullshit. I assume for many lucky enough to attend the goal will be to get high enough not to notice. I suppose I am getting jaded in my old age, but Jerry's dead, and keeping the band on life support is not for the fans, it is for strictly commercial reasons.

An essential part of a Dead concert is the Deadheads, and unfortunately they have set up a system which will undoubtedly weed out the kind of people you go to a Dead concert to share it with. It doesn't sound like it will be an experience that will make me want to stop a stranger just to shake his hand. There is an old Zen saying that the Dharma is just a finger pointing at the moon, and that you should not mistake the finger for the moon. The 50th concert definitely sounds like somebody is just giving us the finger.
    Last edited by Mudfoot; 01-27-2015 at 10:08 AM.
    Gravity Junkie

^

I can't say I disagree, was talking about this with a few people earlier when I saw the BS change of plans with the pre sale, lame at best. However, the one hope I have is that GDTS actually attempts to do the right thing and give the "old" head with a mail order history some love, we shall see!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    After reading this thread it appears almost every aspect of the event will embody exactly the opposite of what the Dead have represented to millions of people for the last 50 years. Even if it is fantastic music it will come at the cost of requiring you to wallow in an ocean of bullshit. I assume for many lucky enough to attend the goal will be to get high enough not to notice. I suppose I am getting jaded in my old age, but Jerry's dead, and keeping the band on life support is not for the fans, it is for strictly commercial reasons.

An essential part of a Dead concert is the Deadheads, and unfortunately they have set up a system which will undoubtedly weed out the kind of people you go to a Dead concert to share it with. It doesn't sound like it will be an experience that will make me want to stop a stranger just to shake his hand. There is an old Zen saying that the Dharma is just a finger pointing at the moon, and that you should not mistake the finger for the moon. The 50th concert definitely sounds like somebody is just giving us the finger.
    No idea how old you are, but when I started going to shows in the early 80's I'm sure some old heads were like wtf is this kid doing here. Shit, even I kinda had an attitude with the 'TOG' fans initially, but generations change. Embrace it or just walk away as you will not change it.

We're getting tics and going to make it a great time! FKNA!

Just booked lodging at Jay for Jeezum Crow. DSO for 2 nights in northern Vermont. Good times. Good people.

The weekend will run less than one night in Chi town

Bill and Mickey are playing Red Rocks in April. Since I won't be able to make the Chicago shows, it'll work.

Any envelope folks get a reply yet? I've seen some rejected posts on that social networking site all the kidz are using

Give me five -- I'm still alive. No rejection letter yet.

Put in for "Any" for 3 tixs for each night. 9 Money orders.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

I haven't heard either way.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    Give me five -- I'm still alive. No rejection letter yet.

Put in for "Any" for 3 tixs for each night. 9 Money orders.
    High five! I went the 'any' route too.

I spoke too soon. Dunzo today.

can we start some fun "ugly rumors" on this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    I spoke too soon. Dunzo today.
    Ahh, bummer.

Over priced CID package it will be.

Even those will be difficult to get.

oh and I have a plan on how to (legally) get the trip/hotels/tix for free. Or at least highly discounted.

Not going to give it away but I'll start with saying that I have reserved 3 nights at the Hilton (including breakfast) when the rumor first came out for $179/nt. Those rooms going for $500+/nt right now. Subsequently someone will pay me $400/nt for that room reservation, meaning I start at +$663 in my pocket.

yea, I'm that @-hole

All I've heard about is rejection letters. Has anyone received tickets that you've heard about?

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    All I've heard about is rejection letters. Has anyone received tickets that you've heard about?
    I'm a member of a number of GD50 Facebook groups and no one has received tixs yet. Only rejections.

I received my rejection earlier this week. Faaaaack.