Seattle Si Shop: PRO SKI

I just had a totally BITCHIN experience with these guys!

http://proskiseattle.com

On a layover in San Francisco I started looking for shops in Seattle to poke some holes in skis for me.

I called a couple Evo being the only one I remember at the moment, but I got the standard "I don't know... We're pretty busy... If you bring them in tonight and prepay a $30 rush few we may have them by tomorrow night" response.

I hear that at home all the time so I was not shocked.

I called Pro Ski and Mike (I think), a guy who didn't know me from Adam, said no problem if you're trying to line this up from the airport you've got balls and you're our type of customer.

I stopped in, bought bindings and 30 mins later left with mounted skis. NOW THAT IS FUCKING AWESOME SERVICE!

Didn't give me any shit, could have bent me over for the bindings (but didn't) because he knew I was up against a wall, and he even have me a discount on the mount.

If you need something done and it is in their capabilities I would wholeheartedly recommend these guys. They have the cool ski shop attitude that we all want when we walk into a shop, they treat you well and they don't have the park rat attitude.

My brief experience surely does not cover the whole spectrum. With that said I really had not only a pleasant, but memorable experience and I wish I lived closer so I could have them do more work for me.

My $0.02.

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Only shop I let touch my skis. I do most stuff myself, but go to them for the full service grind and texture every once in a while. It's like getting new skis for $50.
    Quote Originally Posted by hortence View Post
    When I did twice the work for half the control, I was a whiny little bitch

You misspelled "ski shop" in your thread title

Also, Pro Ski is great.

What makes you think it was supposed to say "ski shop" in the first place?
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

OK, then, I'll bite...
    What is an "SI shop?"
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

Since the OP appears to have some kind of ESP, perhaps the image he was also getting was Pro Guiding with Mt. Si towering in the background.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Mike at Pro Ski in the shadow of Si is putting some anti-twist plates on my bindings on short notice. Picking them up tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Telemahn View Post
    Only shop I let touch my skis. I do most stuff myself, but go to them for the full service grind and texture every once in a while. It's like getting new skis for $50.
    ditto
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Bumping a super old thread for some Seattle local praise...

Brought a beater pair of Shiros I bought for Bandit Jr into Pro Ski Seattle on 99 for a TLC tune. Multiple core shots and gashes a plenty. Mike Tracy and his crew gave them back looking PRISTINE! always had good service from these guys, so figured I would give them a big on TGR.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Good place. I given them a decent amount of business over the years.

They have the best customer emails as well. Some truly funny shit in their email blasts.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

I'm a big fan of Pro Ski

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up! I'll check them out. I have been happy with Alpine Hut in the past...

On another note. I am trying to understand the situation the OP was in.... On a layover in Seattle, so I assume SeaTac. Somehow happens to have an unmounted pair of skis in his carry on..... Takes a cab all the way up to Greenlake...
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    On another note. I am trying to understand the situation the OP was in.... On a layover in Seattle, so I assume SeaTac. Somehow happens to have an unmounted pair of skis in his carry on..... Takes a cab all the way up to Greenlake...
    he was on a layover in SFO. I assume he was headed to Seattle as his final destination, and needing to head to the hills immediately. Not clear if the skis were also traveling, or maybe the skis were already there.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I like to shop at pro ski and mountain service by the Si

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

AFAIK there is no affiliation between the two shops.

Which is fucking bizarre to me. But then again, the town I work in does have two businesses with the same name on a single block, so there's more stupidity than creativity floating around out here.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    AFAIK there is no affiliation between the two shops.
    The store on Aurora was opened by Martin. Before the NB one. they ran in unison for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Best ski shop on Aurora. Also best ski shop anywhere.

Didn't know this shop existed, I'll check it out

Bump for a good job mounting my CAST freetour set up.

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Pro Ski Plug

Pro Ski is great! Local and convenient for us seattlites.