Arrow Whistler Touring Routes

Hey fam,
    I am considering accepting an offer to stay at a friends condo in whistler, sadly my friend and I cannot afford lift tickets. So while our friends are out skiing groomers, I was wondering if there were any fun touring routes around the whistler area that you guys could turn us onto? If you could tell us or find some website with a list would be awesome too. Maps and guides are kind of necessary because I'm not stupid and I am not about to fling myself into the wild based off of some TGR members suggestion.
    • we are reasonably inexperienced
    • we are both experienced side country skiiers
    • we are willing to do an all day skin or many small ones

Tl;dr : what are some skin routes around whistler?

Keep Shredding

Also, do you guys think that we could skin up and sneak in the lift lines on like upper blackcomb or something? maybe I am being ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by beachc15 View Post
    Also, do you guys think that we could skin up and sneak in the lift lines on like upper blackcomb or something? maybe I am being ambitious.
    Met a guy last year who skinned up Blackcomb for a week and skied the upper lifts - go for it!

You should PM Lee Lau.

Sounds like it'll make a great blog entry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

They implemented RFID lift passes to keep you dirtbags from skinning up to poach lifts.

Call guest services and ask how much the backcountry pass is now. It was about $45 last I remember. It gets you one single lift up into the alpine so you could then skin off into the bc.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    You should PM Lee Lau.

Sounds like it'll make a great blog entry.
    haha - I reserved #touringwithJONGS. You and Scotsman want in?

I might as well hop on this ship and make it a #JONGshow - no party's complete without a token splitboarder

check out dual mountain, it can be hard to find for jongs though

Thank all of you.
    what do you know about skinning routes around whistler if i pussy out from "poaching" lifts

i'm glad you asked this important question. Google provides no information when i search it.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

PM XYZ... he knows all the sweet skin routes around Whistler
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

I don't understand why there's so much interest in touring around Whistler. For starters, it's an expensive-as-fuck base camp that's at an extraordinarily low elevation. Most of the side- and backcountry up there gets stomped out quickly by resort skiers. The locals are real d-bags who will go to extraordinary lengths to defend their "secrets" (which, for the most part, are well known and documented). And to top it off, you can't even consume the sweet green leaf in the privacy of your domicile.

On a tight budget, you'd be much better off dirtbagging at higher elevations in WA than Whistler. The eastern slopes of the N. Cascades have it real good right now, set yourself up with a cheap off-season rental in Mazama and go nuts up the closed highway or out towards Hart's Pass. But what do I know, I'm just a desk jockey...

Thank you and I agree but I was offered a free place to stay and eat so I want to jump on that oppurtunity

WHAT I FOUND

Here is what a source told me, Duffey Lake
    http://backcountryskiingcanada.com/i...=Duffey%20Lake
    Thank you everyone, I am figuratively closing this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    On a tight budget, you'd be much better off dirtbagging at higher elevations in WA than Whistler. The eastern slopes of the N. Cascades have it real good right now, set yourself up with a cheap off-season rental in Mazama and go nuts up the closed highway or out towards Hart's Pass. But what do I know, I'm just a desk jockey...
    Oh yeah, just a quick and easy 20 mile road skin each way. No problem.

Access is way better in B.C. And they have huts and shit.