Juneau, Haines, Skagway

Looking for riding partners this winter. Located in Juneau, willing to ferry up Sunday/Mondays *possibly longer depending on if I can get time off work*. Have a sled, getting more fit, like cool lines and/or good snow (or any snow at this point). Very tired of hiking miles through dense vegetation before putting skins on snow, so hoping some locals can guide me to greener pastures.

obligatory emoticon-

I have been hanging in Haines. Snowline is around 2500 so still hiking through the woods here. Been going to Haines Pass skiing Nadahini. It is in good shape. Not many machines out thankfully. Skagway is pretty low on snow. White Pass seems to be the place for machines. Skied with a crowd from Whitehorse the other day. I think conditions are better on Haines Pass right now. Stability is improving no issue skiing off the summit. Still some depth hoar but pack is deepening and strengthening.
    off your knees Louie

Pmd

Bump. Haines Highway looks nice this weekend.... 4 days of clear and not TOO cold. Coverage last weekend was definitely adequate. Anyone down for Sun/Mon?

This weekend? Thinking Saturday night ferry - ski sun/mon and monday night ferry back. PM if interested - can toss sled on ferry.

Juneau local here. I'm not there to ride but if you're looking for spots to sled in Juneau... dan moller and Spaulding meadows are bliss after some good snow fall.

try juneau snowmobile club on facebook.