Kuro, the underdog

So. The kuro has been a gold standard for years and years in southern alps. Almost everyone who tried it fell in love. Guaranteed. As a NW alp skier, I've seen very few kuros in verb. Tried once in a day with few pow and did not understand the hype. Yesterday I had a deep, heavy pow day on one of the last (heavy metalized) version of the kuro , and finally understood the hype. Kuro is the best crud buster for heavy/tracked pow i have ever skied. Amazing. Now let's see how the three deals with the mhyth.

Forgot to tell. In 185, the kuro is also amazing in trees, almost as easy as an automatic but much more powerful and much more fast.

Fwiw they can be had for very cheap these days....
    http://www.sport-bittl.de/skisport/f...FanItAodojoAkw

They always scared me away b/c they were so wide underfoot and anything more than 120 or so tends to really torque my knees (probably driver suckiness). That said, they were very popular in Chamville a few years ago....
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

Yeah, I got them from bittl because of the great deal.... And realized I've lost a lot of possible fun in heavy/tracked pow. The knee torque is much less than i was scared of.

Kuro = stian hagen, cham star. But their kingdom has been south/central south/east alps, where they became a cult...

Been look at adding them to the quiver, in the 195, I have 192 Legend pro 105 as my resort ski for Europe and I'm a fat fuck 95kg and 6'4.

I could use some help deciding between 195cm 2014 Kuro (metal) and 196cm 2015 Three.

I have 2011 Kuro (no/little metal), so I'm familiar with Kuro dimensions, but not sure what to expect with the xtra metal.

Anyone have experience with the weight difference (and other differences) between these two skis?

http://www.skiessentials.com/2014-volkl-kuro-skis.html

http://www.skiessentials.com/2015-vo...-bindings.html

42, 6'4", 220lbs

To CR...no experience. Get both. Report back.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by Carson Ranger View Post
    I could use some help deciding between 195cm 2014 Kuro (metal) and 196cm 2015 Three.

I have 2011 Kuro (no/little metal), so I'm familiar with Kuro dimensions, but not sure what to expect with the xtra metal.

Anyone have experience with the weight difference (and other differences) between these two skis?

http://www.skiessentials.com/2014-volkl-kuro-skis.html

http://www.skiessentials.com/2015-vo...-bindings.html

42, 6'4", 220lbs
    Didn't spend enough time on the three to have a first hand solid opinion, but have heard that the metal kuro is still more popular than the three among big guys like you skiing in southern alps

I finally got a decent powder day on my new ($100, delivered by a fine gentleman off TGR) 185cm Völkl Kuros. It took a few runs to work out the subtleties of these 132mm waisted monsters, but once I relaxed into the smeary, centred, medium radius vibe of it, they’re a treat. I was loving how easily and enjoyably they carried momentum (like a snowboard) when traversing/meandering to link up untracked pockets/glades later in the day. They’ll stay in rotation.

Kuro is a fun ski. In BC, where you get the snow to keep it in the rotation, they make sense/have a solid use case.

Have you ever been on a Shiro? I sold my 185 Kuro's after skiing a 193 Shiro...just more better despite the 132 vs 119 waist.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...