Thread: Evil Jewelry

Evil Jewelry

Gave the FXR its first real upgrade since I bought it 2 season ago a couple weeks ago, stoked about this thing! My stupid chain has fallen off to the inside so many times that it's completely chewed up the BB shell on the frame...should cure that problem! Less concerned about aesthetics than I am about constantly dropping chains in rocky places like Moab...no mas

Evil DRS Close-up:

Good purchase. Now, ditch the 32 and put a 38 on there. That, or enjoy sucking on my dust for 10 miles down Porcupine.

Lot of people seem to like those, let us know how it works. I was thinking about slapping one of those on, since I never use my big gear anyway and I am now using washers in place of it to get the necessary thickness so I can tighten the chainring bolts.

Rotate it clockwise some more to try and get the bottom rollers as close to the chain stays as possible. Nice ride.
    Harvest the ride.

CS, I think I'm gonna go with a 24/36 setup. I suck your dust anyway so not too concerned

L8--Thanks, I'll check it out...Go-Ride set it up for me so I haven't monkeyed with it at all yet.

I'll let yall know how it performs over the long run...I'm definitely missing those higher gears right now though with only a 32 on there.

You need more skis too.

!!

Quote Originally Posted by phUnk
    You need more skis too.
    Well, phUnk, just because you asked and I've been waiting for an excuse to post this...the TOY ROOM!:

Well I already lost my roller on the guide...the bolt wasn't tightened and it fell right off the other day. Go-Ride has fortunately agreed to order a new one for me and replace it since they installed it. Quality shop!

I have one of those on my Balfa. It took some fiddling to install, but it works great. Once installed properly, you will find great bash protection, smooth as silk shifting, and no chain suck.
    "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!"

Quote Originally Posted by powderwhore
    ........and why are those spats not mounted?
    Precisely what I was thinking. That's just no good, especially after the past few days.

come on you guys, spats are among the thinnest skis in his quiver.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by boobookitty
    Precisely what I was thinking. That's just no good, especially after the past few days.
    the real answer: b/c I am too lazy and scared for my fingers to take apart my P18's to bend the brakes out. that and I can ski our company's Prophets whenever I feel like it, heh.

Ooh, snap. P18s=Danger. My thumbnail never did fall off, though.