Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Tears of joy, streaming down my face...! First manual version i have seen.

http://www.montaz.com/scarpa-f1-evo-...e-p147982.html

Quote Originally Posted by alive View Post
    Tears of joy, streaming down my face...! First manual version i have seen.

http://www.montaz.com/scarpa-f1-evo-...e-p147982.html
    What's the appeal of the F1evo aside from the auto-lock? That just seems like a sorta-light sorta-raceish-sorta-light-tour boot with the manual lock.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    What's the appeal of the F1evo aside from the auto-lock? That just seems like a sorta-light sorta-raceish-sorta-light-tour boot with the manual lock.
    Sorta-light sorta-raceish-sorta-light-tour boot with bomber and reliable manual lock with a different last than Dynafit boots sounds pretty good to me...

Another alternative in the BC game is always welcome. Having the backland and F1 to complete against the TLT6 will hopefully lead to the end of $1000 ski boots

The smooth, powerful flex that is strong enough to power a powder ski of any width with the feel of a light trail running shoe on the way up... That is my ideal bc ski boot. Of course, like dcpnz mentioned, the different last is amazing for a lot of feet. Spent 24 hours touring in this boot out of the box, with nothing more than a small heel blister. Best fitting boot I have ever been in, but of course with other feet, results may vary.... Still using the original version as there is no issue with stiffer skis, as well as the Dynafit Speed Superlight has no adjustment for different BSL.

Doesn't look like it's going to be distributed in NA by scarpa ? Absent from the us website whereas it's there on the Italian site. Too bad.

Fit is similar to Maestrale? Please let it be so.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Sorta-light sorta-raceish-sorta-light-tour boot with bomber and reliable manual lock with a different last than Dynafit boots sounds pretty good to me...
    Fair enough, I'd probably just go with the Alien and save the extra weight but that's my biases and preferences coming through, as someone who loves the TLT6 and has never once used the tongues.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

I'm pretty sure the plastic alien is waaaayyyy softer than the F1 Evo Manual.

I'd also be interested, but wish that they had a single throw cuff and lean lock rather than two separate.

If only Sportiva hadn't gone wider on their last this year, the spitfire might be the ticket.

Bean, I have alien 1.0's and TLT5p. Never ski tlts with tongue either but they're still a noticeably better "ski" boot with a ski of any substance. Aliens for me at least are a skinny rando ski only boot. It's not that they're not stiff enough cos they are but there's so much more that makes a good touring boot for me. The alien 1.0 is also so dang open to snow intrusion that its ridiculous in fresh snow and the stupid plastic wrap crap scarpa put on the other version noticeably kills the freedom of movement. All makes something like f1 evo a better touring boot IMHO.

Has anyone seen the 'Limited' version? http://www.sport-conrad.com/skitour/...o-limited.html

Quote Originally Posted by timmaio View Post
    Has anyone seen the 'Limited' version? http://www.sport-conrad.com/skitour/...o-limited.html
    They look like mine 14/15 plus manual lock...

Fit is similar to Maestrales?

The manual one pictured in this thread appears to have less forward lean compared to the 14/15

Ha, it looks like someone found a use for the old returned stock. That'd be nice if they found a way to use those... Black diamond, they are a different fit compared to the Maestrales. I just can not make the Maestrales work. 28 is swimming on my feet, while the 28 F1 is perfect. 27 Maestrales, would be just too much work to make them fit

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Fit is similar to Maestrales?
    as for alive, F1 is a bit tighter than maestrale. Both are ok for my foot

Any more real world input on the F1's? I currently ski the 2014/15 Green TLT6P with the tongues and am happy with their skiing performance but would like to avoid the tongue fiddle-factor. I do not like skiing the TLT6P without the tongues. The F1's fit great. Just curious how well and stiff they ski for skis in the 105 and 116mm underfoot size... Thanks!

Been skiing the F1s on Salomon Mtn88s (soft), Blizzard ZeroG 95 (stiff), On3P Steeple 98s (moderate), Blizzard ZeroG 108 (stiff). Nothing bigger

Still the best of the sub 1300g touring boots that I have tried for skiing performance imo. Moderately stiff but progressive stiffness without the sudden ramp in stiffness and total lack of progression found in most light boots. I'm comparing to TLT5P & Arcteryx Procline

Scarpa F1 Evo thread

In this class I'd still prefer lack of progression and stiff over progressive and moderately stiff. I haven't skied the F1s though and probably never will. Pretty much impossible to get them to fit me. The heel pocket is gnarly deep and the lowers close on the front of my ankle way too early (shell only pretty much touches the front of my cankles).
    Last edited by Lindahl; 12-21-2016 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    In this class I'd still prefer lack of progression and stiff over progressive and moderately stiff. I haven't skied the F1s and probably never will. Pretty much impossible to get them to fit me.
    The Procline, the TLT5P and by all accounts other boots in this class are all "moderately stiff". None are stiff. Do you know of any?

Scarpa F1 Evo thread

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    The Procline, the TLT5P and by all accounts other boots in this class are all "moderately stiff". None are stiff. Do you know of any?
    The Backland with ProTour liners is definitely a good step above. And its actually noticeably more progressive than stock form - I think because you can get more leverage over the boot with the taller, stiffer liner. I had to cook it strategically for it to work though. Cook shell and stock liners. Then cook ProTours in a higher volume shell. Then cook ProTours in the Backland. Then cook the shell again.

Ah thanks. I skied the Backland with the stock liner that's a bit short like you said and it didn't strike me as particularly stiff. Will grab a pair to try

Scarpa F1 Evo thread

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Ah thanks. I skied the Backland with the stock liner that's a bit short like you said and it didn't strike me as particularly stiff. Will grab a pair to try
    Make sure you snug the liner to your shin with the powerstrap as well. The tongue shape doesn't match the liner well, but it still skis great (planning on trying to re-form the tongue at some point).