Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I guess…. Is that the bar? I didn’t know he was banned and he seems to have been flirting with the deep end and genuine hysteria lately, but we aren’t here to only talk to people who agree with us or even people who we like. Are we?
    I agree with that last part, but I’m wasn’t proposing a bar of popularity or agreeableness - I just thought it might, in this case, shorten the (inevitable) long discussion. But Benny’s been off the rails for a while now, and a little time to breath and maybe rethink his approach here might not hurt anything.

I read Harry’s post above about Benny’s IRL presence, and that sure sounds different that what we’ve seen here on TRG. Maybe he could lean that way.

Anyway, my point was that if he doesn’t come back acting the way he’s been acting, that would be great. He’s been a waste of bandwidth, or worse, for quite some time.

And also, to be honest, I was curious if anyone would miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Yeah, I’ve stayed out of the Benny conversations.

When I read a Bunion post, I know Bunion well enough to know that his post really does reflect the person I know IRL.

Same thing with my fishing buddy skifishbum, his posts are an accurate reflection of who he really is. His posts reveal a heart of gold, and IRL he bends over backwards to help people.

But with ****, he created this Benny Profane caricature as some kind of alternate reality. In person, great guy, very mellow and calm. Online, gets worked up about everything, makes caustic comments just to rile people up. In other words, a troll.

TGR is such a special place. Last summer when I had my heart surgery, I posted that I needed help cleaning out my mini-storage and loading a Uhaul. The next morning 6 maggots were there no questions asked.

If he had been in town, I am sure **** would have shown up too, and if I introduced him as an offline friend no one would have known the difference.

Anyway, if he really is banned that’s ok with me, he was nothing but a troll online. And his conduct in the Ukraine thread was over the line, even for me.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    His name isn't Benny Profane?
    I see hydraulic turtles.

If people are just here making the place unreadable, they need to be reminded of why this place is here. I've no problem with that. I impose bans on myself all the time, for this very reason. Usually because I find myself mindlessly replying to something which adds noise instead of content. Like this post.

One week ban should pay off when he returns like someone pissed on his pocket meats

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Not sure if he was banned or just faded off the boards, but back in the day Superstar Punani was all over the place here. He has so,erring to say about everything. I miss him here.

He wasn't banned, he just kinda moved on. He's been busy being an instagram star and international manwhore.

I for one would miss Benny if he didn't come back. Not the Benny of the Ukraine thread, something went off the rails there, but regular old sourpuss contrarian devil's advocate Benny doesn't bother me a bit although I know he drives a lot of you guys nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Not sure if he was banned or just faded off the boards, but back in the day Superstar Punani was all over the place here. He has so,erring to say about everything. I miss him here.
    He still checks into the Tahoe thread at least once a year.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Bunny's real name is ****?

Shit, that's my real name too.
    Your real name is shit?

Name:  Image1650062994.007021.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  19.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    He wasn't banned, he just kinda moved on. He's been busy being an instagram star and international manwhore.

I for one would miss Benny if he didn't come back. Not the Benny of the Ukraine thread, something went off the rails there, but regular old sourpuss contrarian devil's advocate Benny doesn't bother me a bit although I know he drives a lot of you guys nuts.
    He didn't get to me until the Ukraine thread. Then he went on ignore. Of course I don't venture into the polyass forum, or any other forum, so I don't know if Ukraine was just more of the same. And, I think it started to go sideways with him during the 2016 elections. Something changed.

I dismiss posteurs pretty often.
    I never used the ignore function until last year, but now I do.

I'm generally against banning, but one thing to which I've never subscribed is that whatever ends up here is completely disjoint from the person irl.

I think whatever gets posted is part of who that person really is, even if it's in jest or trolling or dyspeptic.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I'm generally against banning, but one thing to which I've never subscribed is that whatever ends up here is completely disjoint from the person irl.
    The iskibc theory.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

That iskibc shit was insane. Be a real person. I'm not a fan of hiding behind a handle to be a piece of shit. Whatever

Did Bunny get banned for Ukraine drivel or the stupid bullfighting tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Name:  Image1650062994.007021.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  19.2 KB

Art, damnit, you read my mind.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Yeah, I’ve stayed out of the Benny conversations.

When I read a Bunion post, I know Bunion well enough to know that his post really does reflect the person I know IRL.

Same thing with my fishing buddy skifishbum, his posts are an accurate reflection of who he really is. His posts reveal a heart of gold, and IRL he bends over backwards to help people.

But with ****, he created this Benny Profane caricature as some kind of alternate reality. In person, great guy, very mellow and calm. Online, gets worked up about everything, makes caustic comments just to rile people up. In other words, a troll.

TGR is such a special place. Last summer when I had my heart surgery, I posted that I needed help cleaning out my mini-storage and loading a Uhaul. The next morning 6 maggots were there no questions asked.

If he had been in town, I am sure **** would have shown up too, and if I introduced him as an offline friend no one would have known the difference.

Anyway, if he really is banned that’s ok with me, he was nothing but a troll online. And his conduct in the Ukraine thread was over the line, even for me.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Do you think it be worthwhile if you messaged him and told him to knock it off with the over-the-line stuff?

Seems like he might listen to you more than the masses or the mods. It’s definitely not your responsibility to give him some truth about how you feel about his Ukraine thread comments. But it’d probably be pretty good for him to hear it from you.

The troll stuff is one thing and sometimes even amusing. But he’s been quoting Catline Johnstone who is literally a columnist for RT News (Russian state run media company). When someone is following cult, they need friends to get them back to reality.

Benny is like a decorative addition.

Nice to look at, but don't touch.

What's big deal?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Time for Danno to take a lap, Mr Softee is getting off on being in charge
    crab in my shoe mouth

Is our esteemed bennz gone for good? Seems like longer than a week. comment from mods?

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Is our esteemed bennz gone for good? Seems like longer than a week. comment from mods?
    I just looked at his profile. No longer says banned but might just be a self-imposed exile for awhile.. or forever, who knows?

Name:  B8483BB0-CC63-454E-8597-6A047DE4D972.gif
Views: 353
Size:  864.2 KB

I for one welcome our resurrected Boris Propane.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeffb View Post
    Do you think it be worthwhile if you messaged him and told him to knock it off with the over-the-line stuff?

Seems like he might listen to you more than the masses or the mods. It’s definitely not your responsibility to give him some truth about how you feel about his Ukraine thread comments. But it’d probably be pretty good for him to hear it from you.

The troll stuff is one thing and sometimes even amusing. But he’s been quoting Catline Johnstone who is literally a columnist for RT News (Russian state run media company). When someone is following cult, they need friends to get them back to reality.
    What alias were you prior to April?

It's called the Padded Room, weird shit goes on and gets posted here. That whole Joe Rogan thing being the weirdest shit that Danno has come up with yet.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Another example of why we need a like button.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    That whole Joe Rogan thing being the weirdest shit that Danno has come up with yet.
    Was that Danno?

I couldn't give that bull fighting thing a single brain cell of attention