Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    its all a bunny bluff n fluff internet tough guy attention act
    aint no way he spouts that bullshit irl
    and harry spends a full ski day listening to it
    even saints have limits
    Agreed. Everyone behaves in real life and keeps their most controversial opinions and attitudes towards others to themselves unless totally comfortable. He is totally comfortable here. And here, to him, is alone in his living room yearning for attention.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    This summarizes everything that is wrong with TGR. Benny has a minority viewpoint in the Ukraine thread (minority in TGR, but I am not sure it is minority in the US as I have seen numerous op-eds in the NYtimes making the exact same arguments). This pisses people off. Benny posts a viewpoint from someone who happens to be a convicted sex offender. The fact someone has a criminal history should be irrelevant to whether they know what the fuck they are talking about on a subject. But people argued that by Benny posting that viewpoint, Benny is sympathetic of child rapists (just like Ted Cruz argued that perceived light sentencing by Ketanji Brown Jackson makes her sympathetic to child rapists). Benny did not respond eloquently and everyone piles on. Now, Benny is labeled as sympathetic to pedophilia or maybe even people claim Benny is a child rapist himself. Benny has thick skin but he broke, and threatened with violence. So ban Benny if he wants. But what (used) to make TGR great was the self moderation. Call people out when they deserve it. But also call people out when they are needlessly piling on and twisting the facts (even if you do not necessarily agree with the person who is getting the piling on).
    He posted a bullshit argument from a guy who obviously has poor judgment in other areas beyond war, and when someone mentioned the guys sketchy past, Benny defended it cause he was just going after ‘jailbait’, so you know, not a ‘real’ pedo. (15 and 16 is the actual ages of the girls dude was going after)

Feel free to defend that viewpoint.

The post rate in the Ukraine thread has plummeted since Benny got banmered
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Did anyone stop to consider that perhaps Putin had Bunny disappeared?

Bless his gulag heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    True, but Benny doesn’t get all the credit. There’s been a lull in the war itself, so not as much news to share. Sinking of the Moskva created a flurry, even without Benny.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    I hadn't popped into that thread in a little while, but caught up on it this morning. It's impressive how much more informative and readable it is without Bunny's involvement.

We don't need anyone to be banned. We just need to stop quoting the posters who most people have on ignore.
    In with the 9.

YOU FUCKERS BANNED BUNNY? WHAT THE FUCK?

At least he will have more time to work on his articles for RT news and other informative news sources.

When can we ban Core Shot?

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    This summarizes everything that is wrong with TGR. Benny has a minority viewpoint in the Ukraine thread (minority in TGR, but I am not sure it is minority in the US as I have seen numerous op-eds in the NYtimes making the exact same arguments). This pisses people off. Benny posts a viewpoint from someone who happens to be a convicted sex offender. The fact someone has a criminal history should be irrelevant to whether they know what the fuck they are talking about on a subject. But people argued that by Benny posting that viewpoint, Benny is sympathetic of child rapists (just like Ted Cruz argued that perceived light sentencing by Ketanji Brown Jackson makes her sympathetic to child rapists). Benny did not respond eloquently and everyone piles on. Now, Benny is labeled as sympathetic to pedophilia or maybe even people claim Benny is a child rapist himself. Benny has thick skin but he broke, and threatened with violence. So ban Benny if he wants. But what (used) to make TGR great was the self moderation. Call people out when they deserve it. But also call people out when they are needlessly piling on and twisting the facts (even if you do not necessarily agree with the person who is getting the piling on).
    consider yourself called-out --

( skiJ )

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    He posted a bullshit argument from a guy who obviously has poor judgment in other areas beyond war, and when someone mentioned the guys sketchy past, Benny defended it cause he was just going after ‘jailbait’, so you know, not a ‘real’ pedo. (15 and 16 is the actual ages of the girls dude was going after)

Feel free to defend that viewpoint.
    There were other reasons that guy in particular has questionable judgement. "This thing we were warned about totally could never happen to me, because I'm me. And trust me, I looked into it."

Did you write a report, at the time you were doing inspections in Votkinsk in the Soviet Union in 1988 that said the group your wife worked for was full of spies?

No. I indicated that given past models of Soviet penetration techniques that these young girls, of which my wife was one, who were brought in by the Soviets to carry out translation services had been used in the past to attempt sexual compromise. I subsequently wrote a series of reports that said this did not appear to be the case in Votkinsk. In fact, because of the human intelligence work I did in the Soviet Union I was able to ascertain that the girls were actually dissatisfied with the Soviets. They showed a tendency to speak out against the KGB to the U.S. inspectors.

Don't recall anyone banned for posting too much garbage. It takes a little self control for me to block someone but it's worth it and gets easier to do. IME, threats of violence that trigger a flagging to the mods and doxing are the red line but it's blurry. I think time outs are good for both sides.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Today?

Too soon?

PS. I miss pocket meats and saltine with relish and cholula sauce.

I might just make a pound of bacon and put it in my pocket. For old times sake.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Nah, no one quotes him. Problem solved.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Today?

Too soon?

PS. I miss pocket meats and saltine with relish and cholula sauce.

I might just make a pound of bacon and put it in my pocket. For old times sake.
    Quoted!
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I’m curious, does anyone actually miss Benny? Or feel that he adds value here?

I suppose someone will claim yes on those. Shrug

Edit: I’ll admit that I’ve had fun using him as a virtual piñata, so there’s that.

Best Banned poster/member

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I’m curious, does anyone actually miss Benny? Or feel that he adds value here?

I suppose someone will claim yes on those. Shrug

Edit: I’ll admit that I’ve had fun using him as a virtual piñata, so there’s that.
    I guess…. Is that the bar? I didn’t know he was banned and he seems to have been flirting with the deep end and genuine hysteria lately, but we aren’t here to only talk to people who agree with us or even people who we like. Are we?

I’m here to find different viewpoints, not to only talk to people who make me comfortable.

Part of what used to make TGR great was the self-moderation and frictionless callouts. For all that it was and that it was not, it was certainly never a popularity contest, at least inasmuch as popularity was set as a bar for inclusion. I know it’s becoming something else and in a lot of ways that’s necessary, but it’s also losing something in the process and I hope we find the new line before it creeps too far.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    FWIW Benny needed a time out. Not for us, for him. Harry vouches that he is a good guy IRL but he was going off the deep end in a big way. Anyone who spends that much time posting here is not well.

And I never called for his ouster.
    its all a bunny bluff n fluff internet tough guy attention act
    aint no way he spouts that bullshit irl
    and harry spends a full ski day listening to it
    even saints have limits
    Yeah, I’ve stayed out of the Benny conversations.

When I read a Bunion post, I know Bunion well enough to know that his post really does reflect the person I know IRL.

Same thing with my fishing buddy skifishbum, his posts are an accurate reflection of who he really is. His posts reveal a heart of gold, and IRL he bends over backwards to help people.

But with ****, he created this Benny Profane caricature as some kind of alternate reality. In person, great guy, very mellow and calm. Online, gets worked up about everything, makes caustic comments just to rile people up. In other words, a troll.

TGR is such a special place. Last summer when I had my heart surgery, I posted that I needed help cleaning out my mini-storage and loading a Uhaul. The next morning 6 maggots were there no questions asked.

If he had been in town, I am sure **** would have shown up too, and if I introduced him as an offline friend no one would have known the difference.

Anyway, if he really is banned that’s ok with me, he was nothing but a troll online. And his conduct in the Ukraine thread was over the line, even for me.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

So is it a week ban or full ban?

I think we should allow Benny back but he has to change his username to Tucker Carlson.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

How many mags have been banned in recent years, that weren't M-series spammers or anonymous troll accounts? I can think of less than 5. Oh, the travesty!
    Whatever...a little spring cleaning never hurt anyone. Stokeless, shit stirring beaters can get bent.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    So is it a week ban or full ban?
    Somebody up there ^^^ said a week, but I don't know how they know that. Unless...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    FWIW Benny needed a time out. Not for us, for him. Harry vouches that he is a good guy IRL but he was going off the deep end in a big way. Anyone who spends that much time posting here is not well.

And I never called for his ouster.
    Seriously this! It cant be healthy to spend all your time pounding away on your keyboard with all of you freaks, I love this place for what it is ( I have some amazing friendships because of it) but I sure as hell aint going to spend all my time on here.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Meinetwegen gibt es

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!