Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1575

Thread: Fuck Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    I’m not really a fan of the saying “fuck cancer”, mostly because it feels like I’m being fucked by it, not the other way around. No matter the outcome, cancer is doing the fucking. That said, there are brief moments when I do think to myself “fuck this cancer”, and I go skiing with my kid, like today.

You can’t fuck cancer, it fucks you, hard. But you can make every effort to continue enjoying life any chance you get.
    Attachment 434805
    Great pic and really happy you’re getting to ski with your son. Keep fighting, and all the best wishes to you.
    I still call it The Jake.

A friend was recently diagnosed with some type of rare and aggressive liver cancer. Tumors are inoperable, she starts chemo in a few days. Hoping genome testing reveals some mutations that are amenable to immunotherapy or other more targeted therapy, but right now the odds are not in her favor. Married, two teenage kids, household's primary earner.

Lost my dad last week, just got home from the funeral.

He was originally diagnosed in 2015, his cancer was aggressive and metastasized quickly. Amazed he got 7 good years of remission. Still sad to send him off. He was one of a kind.

Damn. Sorry to both of you. Sending vibes your ways

Just found out a family friend back in MI had a tumor removed from his brain and it's the Big C.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    A friend was recently diagnosed with some type of rare and aggressive liver cancer. Tumors are inoperable, she starts chemo in a few days. Hoping genome testing reveals some mutations that are amenable to immunotherapy or other more targeted therapy, but right now the odds are not in her favor. Married, two teenage kids, household's primary earner.
    Update: This friend's cancer has metastasized. Current treatments don't seem to be slowing it down and things are not looking good.

Pulling for your friends.

Vibes and love to all of you who have friends/family going through cancer treatments. Hug them. Tell them you love them. Laugh with them if possible.

Lowsparko, I'm very sorry to hear your dad went through that, but I hope you were able to pack a lot of love into your relationship in the past 7 years.

I struggle to visit this thread sometimes as most posts seem to be diagnosis based (understandably so) and are hard to process for me. It brings back many memories of my son's time during treatment and the trauma families/friends endure.

Some positive news:
    A week ago my son celebrated the 5 year anniversary of his end of treatment for his brain tumor! All scans have been NED (no evidence of disease) and he's now considered a cancer survivor. This was a huge deal for our family and our healing path. My son is 18, headed to university next year, and I'm so thankful as we weren't sure what would happen after treatment.

Fuck Cancer!

Definitely not sorry to hear that news. Awesome outcome.

Lost my mother in law on Good Friday to leukemia. Great women who fought one hell of a fight. This after having, and beating, breast cancer FOUR times in her life.

Fuck Cancer!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SorryBro View Post
    Some positive news:
    A week ago my son celebrated the 5 year anniversary of his end of treatment for his brain tumor! All scans have been NED (no evidence of disease) and he's now considered a cancer survivor. This was a huge deal for our family and our healing path. My son is 18, headed to university next year, and I'm so thankful as we weren't sure what would happen after treatment.

Fuck Cancer!
    That's awesome. My niece Ruby is still NED and doing great.

Fuck cancer!
    Fuck cancer!
    Fuck cancer!
    Fuck cancer!
    Fuck cancer!
    Fuck cancer!

But that’s good news about Ruby and SorryBro’s kid.

Had my four month post chemo scan for Hodgkins Lymphoma today. Deauville 1, which is basically the best score you can get. I have a floppy left foot, numb toes, and numb fingers from chemo neuropathy, but it seems like a small price to pay to be able to ski with my kid and be alive.

Thanks to all the folks like Tri-U who specialize in oncology and help keep people like me alive.

These PET/CT scan days are absolutely terrifying.

Awesome news man!

Hell yeah. Great news TH

Great news TH! Typically, does the neuropathy resolve over time?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Great news TH! Typically, does the neuropathy resolve over time?
    Most see improvement, many don't see full resolution. I have mild foot drop on left if I wear shoes with a higher heel, so my dorsiflexion is basically weak. For example, it's hard for me to nordic skate ski in soft boots, or ski in unbuckled boots. It has improved, but still annoying.

I can suture, intubate, put in chest tubes fine. If my hands get cold, they are useless. I frostbit my toe in Jackson in January, had no idea because they are so numb.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    If my hands get cold, they are useless.
    Let your touring partners know in advance that they may have to unzip and aim for you on cold days.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Let your touring partners know in advance that they may have to unzip and aim for you on cold days.
    Funny cause that’s literally the crux. I could never ice climb again not that I ever want to or care.

Great news TH! Hope the symptoms improve with time.

Awesome, TH. Keep it up.

Great news Trackhead. Love seeing the pics of you skiing with your kid, that what it’s all about.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Friend at work died last night. In September he was in my backyard enjoying a whiskey watching some football. February, gets a weird pain in his guts. From that point on it's chemo and the whole nightmare that comes along with it, and now gone. Happens so fast.

Found out an 8 y/o boy on the team my son played baseball against last night is battling a brain tumor. He had chemo at noon and hit a double in his first at bat at 5:30. Just incredible.

Fuck cancer.

And keep kicking ass TH.
    I still call it The Jake.