Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Sorry for your loss, GoldMember. I just Googled Ewing's Sarcoma; WedMD says only about 200 people per year are diagnosed with it in the US and most of those survive. Some of us are just destined to lose the genetic lottery

If you want to feel a little better about the world today, Ruby's status is still NED (No Evidence of Disease).
    Thanks. Yeah, I know it's rare but it hits very early (late teens, early twenties) and can be pretty insidious when it does. We had another area kid die from it two or three years ago. He was a football player on scholarship to U of Idaho but never suited up. He was diagnosed shortly after high school graduation. It was a fairly aired news story in the area and was during the same time frame as Charlie. Just sad.

As for Ruby; Awesome!! Hope all continues well and this becomes a distant memory.

Sorry GM

So happy to hear about Ruby though.

Two funerals this month due to cancer. Both in 50s. Stumbling across 1 month old jovial text messages from these people drives home the absurdity.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Geez GM, that’s rough. Very sorry to hear about that.

DTM, that’s fkna awesome.

AS, my condolences.

FUCK CANCER. Just fuck it.

Goldmember, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. From your description, this world lost a great man in Charlie. All my love to you and those who knew Charlie.

Dantheman, that is great news about Ruby. Hearing NED is such a breathe of life. I'm super happy for you.

Art Shirk, that's rough. I hope their passing was in the presence of their loved ones. Hug the ones you love.

Fuck cancer and what it does.

^^ Thanks Art, Meadow, and Sorry. Yes, it was a tough day and it sucks. Thanks for your comments.

Fuck Cancer

Sorry to hear about your loss GM. We always seem to lose the good ones. The waves of grief eventually fade to sad but welcome memories of the best times with the ones we’ve lost.

While not a human, our beloved Kida, a Belgian Malnois of 9 years, passed suddenly (literally overnight), with absolutely no signs of anything wrong when her unbeknowst spleen’s cancerous tumor burst. My wife is absolutely gutted, and I’m feeling pretty down too. So yeah, Fuck Cancer.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 11-22-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Sorry for your loss, GoldMember. I just Googled Ewing's Sarcoma; WedMD says only about 200 people per year are diagnosed with it in the US and most of those survive. Some of us are just destined to lose the genetic lottery

If you want to feel a little better about the world today, Ruby's status is still NED (No Evidence of Disease).
    I hadn't logged on here for a while because I'm trying to cut down on the social media, etc., but I'm so pleased to hear this about Ruby.

Update for my wife. Saw the radiologist last Friday. One of the lesions on her brain is growing. Doc doesn't know exactly what this means. Could be dead cells being pushed out or cancer growing. No way to tell. Another MRI in February. Jen is scared and so am I. Starting RSO trying to kill the cells.

Jen is also feeling pain in the other hip. Might be cancer but don't know yet. Need PET scan.

FUCK Cancer! Can't we get a break!

Sorry to hear your news, Millsie. Stay strong, and please give Jen my best wishes.
    In with the 9.

I'm so sorry to read that, Millsie.

Jeez, Millsie, that sucks. I’m really hoping for a break for you guys. In the meantime, try to get involved in diversions.

Oof. Tough news at the darkest time of the year. I hope you and family are getting support from close by. All we can do is send good wishes via the internet.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Tough stuff. Vibes to all.

One buddy is loosing his fight with the cancer and I just found out a boater friend from years ago passed from cancer a couple months ago at age 52.

Every day is a gift, tomorrow is not promised.
    watch out for snakes

Fuck that Millsie. I’m sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Millsie1 View Post
    Update for my wife. Saw the radiologist last Friday. One of the lesions on her brain is growing. Doc doesn't know exactly what this means. Could be dead cells being pushed out or cancer growing. No way to tell. Another MRI in February. Jen is scared and so am I. Starting RSO trying to kill the cells.

Jen is also feeling pain in the other hip. Might be cancer but don't know yet. Need PET scan.

FUCK Cancer! Can't we get a break!
    Damn Millsie ... so sorry to hear this.

Show these two new clinical trial results to her oncologist. These two drugs will be approved before the end of Q1 2020 (and possibly sooner). The represent a major advance in addressing patients who have been on and eventually failed HER2 therapies. In at least one of the studies (DS-8201a), there's reason to believe that even low HER2 expressing cancers can be addressed. In the first study, patients with brain mets were also treated and found to respond at a rate equivalent to the group without brain mets.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1914609
    https://investor.seattlegenetics.com...r/default.aspx

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1914510
    Last edited by huckbucket; 12-18-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Mom was cleared over ten years ago after chemo/radiation for breast cancer. Dr even said she was cured. Her oncologist retired over a year ago and wanted to see her once more to give her the “all clear” and hand off to the new guy. It was back, metastasized all over.

She’s taken Ibrance since then with some ups and downs but recently was admitted with hypercalcemia. I don’t want to ask the tough questions of her and my dad yet, as they’re keeping things pretty lighthearted.

Do any cancer dentists out there have any insight? Dr google says median 30-60 day survival. I’d like to know if that’s what we’re looking at, since my family seems to be in denial, or they just aren’t telling me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dude chill its the padded room. -AKPM

I don’t have any info for you house as I’m a dental dentist but damn, sorry to hear

House ask your folks. You need to know and they need to tell you. This is really important time for you all to spend together and talk about things that matter.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Definitely ask

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Definitely ask
    Do more then ask. Do shit now.

So very sorry to hear this, House. Ask your mom and dad what is going on for sure. You need to know the details. Be prepared because this is not easy. For them or you.

This link is for anyone faced with cancer. You select the kind of cancer you have, your demographic information, your pathology info and the time frame within which you want to know survivor-ship. This information is rarely part of discussions during care but can have a huge impact on how people view their disease.

https://cancersurvivalrates.com/inde...c&role=patient

Sorry to hear that House.

Talk it out now, tomorrow is not promised.

My buddy is loosing his fight now, sux to see him suffer.

FC!
    watch out for snakes

Lost Neil Peart today. Brain cancer.

Fuck cancer!
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Lost Neil Peart today. Brain cancer.

Fuck cancer!
    Damn.

RIP Neil Peart & FUCK CANCER
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure