Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck Cancer

Holy shit gator. So sorry for your boy and you. Stay strong. You'll all get through this and be out the other side in no time.

Damn gator, what a hard blow. It's crazy how the relatively minor shit like putting up with a port can become the focus of the suck, too. Keep the positive attitude, man. That port will come out!

Shit that sucks. I’m really sorry to hear that Gator. Good luck!

wow Gatorboy a tough road ahead for your family. if there is anything you need please reach out to us, Godspeed
    Leo
    off your knees Louie

Shit gatorboy, that is rough. I wish you guys didn’t have to deal with that. Fuck cancer.

Damn Gator, sorry to hear that.

Gatorboy,

So sorry that your boy and your family has to deal with this shit. Wishing for a quick and uneventful recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    Fortunately the odds are in his favor.

#fuckcancer
    Sorry you and your son have to deal with this mang. At least, as his docs have told you, odds are in his favor. Cure rates can be as high as 90%+ depending on the situation, though it will be a long tough road for him. Dunno where you live, but please make sure he is treated (or at least evaluated) by a specialized Pediatric Oncology team, rather than a general oncologist.

Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Sorry you and your son have to deal with this mang. At least, as his docs have told you, odds are in his favor. Cure rates can be as high as 90%+ depending on the situation, though it will be a long tough road for him. Dunno where you live, but please make sure he is treated (or at least evaluated) by a specialized Pediatric Oncology team, rather than a general oncologist.

Best wishes.
    We are in West Michigan at the Helen DeVos Children's Hospital and the Pediatric Oncologists are great. While I am not a fan of Amway or the DeVos' views on exclusion and education.....they did help provide this region with a great hospital.

Him and I are using the 76'ers mantra: "Trust the process"
    Our simple lives have/will greatly change and we have a new "norm". FIGHT every day. Luckily we have plenty of family and friends for support.

Thx everyone for your kind words.

Sorry to hear, man

Best wishes to you and your son gator. Sorry to hear this.

Very good article!

^ was for HMS.

Sorry Gatorboy for the sad news. Put your gameface on for your son and keep it on! Stay positive like others have said.

Damn, gator, that's brutal. Good luck with treatment.

I've been going back and forth on this as I don't really like to draw attention to myself -- but if my experience can help folks going thru the same thing then I think its worth it.

Got diagnosed with Stage III B rectal ca in October after putting off my 50 yr old colonoscopy for almost 2 yrs.

Had 4 mo of Folfox chemo, chemoradiation, and then resection in end of may and ileostomy reversal in mid june.

Everything is looking good now and hopefully my scans in this coming October will be clean.

Long road but not too heinous all things considered. Fortunately or unfortunately, in my job (radiologist) I see dozens of people worse off than me on a daily basis so its hard to feel too sorry for myself. As a physician, I found it difficult to keep on top of all the info, appointments, and plans involved; I cant imagine how bewildering it must be to non-medical people.

Anyway, I am wishing for good vibes, well tolerated treatments, and good results for all of you unfortunate enough to be in this thread.

If I can help in any way let me know.
    Last edited by berko; 08-20-2018 at 10:32 AM.
    In with the 9.

Well, that just sucks berko. I wish for a smooth road for you from here on out.

glad to hear you're hanging in, berko. i enjoy your contributions to our stew. good luck in october.

Good luck to everyone (friends and family, too) involved in the process of fighting Cancer. Lots of positive vibes, lots of tough folks here.

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

Thinking positive vibrations for you, GB and son AND Berko.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Hearts out to all of you, sincerely. As each instance is personal and different, after witnessing stage 4 bone AND(along with) stage 4 lung ( non smoker ) of a 75yo, the cure was WAY worse than the disease. ( stated by the cancer ridden Navy Veteran, who didn't make it, after 2 years of heart wrenching treatments etc ) The disease is much worse for the family, spouses, fathers, mothers, sons, daughters / general survivors. Fck cancer. Humans are remarkably strong, resilient and mentally solid and simply so weak, all together, at the same time. Fck cancer.

6mths of great quality of life, doing shit or your finals wishes and then poof. Allowing everyone to try to get a handle would've been better than 2yrs of horrible, fcked up, run down, skin and bones, mentally jacked, moaning and moaning from the pain issues and chemo only to poof, and then everyone STILL needing to get a handle. Fck cancer.

Yesterday marked six years post-treatment and every day I am reminded by the lingering effects of chemo and radiation of how lucky I am to be a continuing member of the Survivor's Club.

While each scar is a talisman that I carry in appreciation of my good fortune, I hope that all here can find their way through to the place where cancer is not the defining factor in their life.
    If it's too loud, you're too old

^^^It’s good to be a member of the Survivor’s Club.

Here’s to a lifetime membership. My best wishes to you.

Just got news my friend Monica from Winnipeg has been given 6 to 12 months to live. Her breast cancer has spread and is now in her Liver.
    Fuck Fuck Cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Just got news my friend Monica from Winnipeg has been given 6 to 12 months to live. Her breast cancer has spread and is now in her Liver.
    Fuck Fuck Cancer.
    That sucks bad, man. I’m so sad to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    That sucks bad, man. I’m so sad to hear that.

Sure does and thank you for your concern.