Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1589

Thread: Fuck Cancer

You have a pretty sweet user name, so there’s that at least!!! Hang in there, sounds like you’re out ahead of it, keep thinking of how nice that first day on snow will be next winter!

priapism, so sorry to hear that. Wishing you luck, courage, and strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    priapism, so sorry to hear that.
    See, that’s what I’m talking about!!! Hilarious use of username!!!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Hoping for more good outcomes from present tense, priapism et al.

Roller coaster here: last week I had my last appointment with my surgeon, five years cancer free victory lap! Today my wife learned that her friend who's been battling stage 4 (colon) for a few years--and hitting back hard--lost her battle the same week. Early 40's with kids, amazing athlete and all around great person. Ride in peace, Shannon. Fuck cancer.

oof. Sorry about your wife's friend. But, 5 years for you is awesome, congrats. I go back for follow-up again in a couple weeks, which makes like 15 months since the end of treatment. All seems good, fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    oof. Sorry about your wife's friend. But, 5 years for you is awesome, congrats. I go back for follow-up again in a couple weeks, which makes like 15 months since the end of treatment. All seems good, fingers crossed.
    Good luck! The first handful of those were pretty tense for me, while my wife's been increasingly on pins and needles as we closed in on this one. I think she's added some survivor guilt today.

Wishing good fortune to the mags, and peace to jono’s wife’s friends and their family.

Thanks MS. Hope you're enjoying Hobbiton--and bringing back a TR!

Fuck Cancer

Guy I taught with/was my mentor when I first started teaching back in 95-96’. Just retired a couple years ago…taught 35+years/good dude, great with kids, loved the outdoors…..died today of cancer.

He worked all those years with kids and families in our local school district…..he finally is able to retire and spend more time with his own family and is diagnosed/dies one year into his retirement.

It’s very saddening to know how much he was looking forward to starting the new chapter of his life/and it all ended before he could “enjoy” it. He will be missed and remembered by many……Bill was one of the “good guys”.

Life’s not fair…Fuck Cancer.
    Last edited by BC.; 08-27-2022 at 08:05 AM.

My best friend goes in for his stem cell transplant tomorrow, followed by four weeks in isolation. Looked like he would compete for a starting spot at tackle with the local D2 powerhouse before his recurrence. Tough motherfucker. Hung out with him a whole lot this summer and he never once mentioned anything about the side effects of the massive chemo regiment he was doing. Dude still wanted to get a few rounds of golf and a few nights/mornings of catfishing in each week. He's worried about how he'll beat his dick in isolation. I'm sure he'll figure it out. Fuck Cancer.
    swing your fucking sword.

Had my follow-up yesterday and all is good. If you had asked me before I would have said I was calm and confident but now, after a good verdict, it's obvious I was squeezing pretty fucking hard and it's a pretty big weight off me for now at least.

Hell yeah Ice. That’s awesome news. I can’t imagine how hard those visits must be, even when you have no real reason to worry.

stoked to hear it!

Sad about SUF’s bud, but really great to hear about ice.

This thread…

FKNA Ice! Happy for you.

Fuck Cancer

Great news ice!!

+++vibes for your friend, SUF.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    My best friend goes in for his stem cell transplant tomorrow, followed by four weeks in isolation. Looked like he would compete for a starting spot at tackle with the local D2 powerhouse before his recurrence. Tough motherfucker. Hung out with him a whole lot this summer and he never once mentioned anything about the side effects of the massive chemo regiment he was doing. Dude still wanted to get a few rounds of golf and a few nights/mornings of catfishing in each week. He's worried about how he'll beat his dick in isolation. I'm sure he'll figure it out. Fuck Cancer.
    Do they have the internet in isolation? I think he'll be fine. Buy him this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07FM...rb_top?ie=UTF8

Hey Ice congrats man!! I am SO stoked for you.

And SUF, hope all goes well with your friend. Hang in there.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Fuck Cancer

Congrats ice! SUF, hope your buddy gets hot nurse to think about

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Buddy died today, he was only 42. Fuck cancer.

Super nice guy. Knocked a girl up when he was like 21 and raised the baby himself since mom was a train wreck of an addict. Did a hell of a job.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Fuck cancer. Sorry to hear about your friend, gb.

yeah

go buddy go buddy go!
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Bought my late buddies gravel bike this weekend from his widow. Fuck Cancer.

Was at a job last week and asked about the guy who is the excavation superintendent, was told he thought he was having an appendicitis attack, went in for MRI, late stage colon cancer.

Fuck Cancer.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Name:  E4E9C030-376C-4EB9-B2FF-185DB7C906CB.jpeg
Views: 375
Size:  191.7 KB

Hard to share this:

Had odd fatigue this winter ski touring, thought it was from covid, or not? Had a great climbing trip with family in the Black Hills in June, felt fine. Took a shower at home and noticed a huge lump in left armpit. I’m an ER NP and ultrasound geek, so I snuck the ultrasound machine into the bathroom and was shocked. Big old round pissed of lymph node with all the suspicious criteria.

Fast forward I bulldogged my way into a CT chest/abdomen/pelvis, then a biopsy, an oncologist appointment, port placement, PET CT.

Diagnosis: Classical Hodgkins 3A

Started chemo late July. 1 infusion every two weeks x 12. If I stay on schedule done January 6. Still riding and climbing a bit, can’t really work much. It’s tough. But my PET CT after 4/12 infusions was Deauville 2 (no cancer). Mediastinum/liver uptake completely resolved (minimal to begin with), axilla adenopathy SUV uptake dramatically lower. I still ultrasound my axilla every two weeks and it’s amazing the response.

Statistical prognosis is 84%, maybe higher as most studies group stage 3/4 disease results together with most being stage 4 in the studies. I’m optimistic with both my interim PET response and all the other data my odds are a little better.

Hard road, not as afraid of my own mortality as I am not being able to keep skiing and climbing with wife/kid.

Signed my kid up for all mountain kids ski club at Showdown. I usually ski with him but will be too weak probably until mid-February. Planning some camper/ski trips with him in March…he’s gonna smoke his old man. Going to hopefully spend some $$ on lift tickets to cool places (Jackson/Big Sky) even though I have super low income (disability). I need a spring trip with him to celebrate. Hopefully my bone marrow will be making red blood cells by then or the altitude will kill me.

Be your own patient advocate, get your colonoscopy when your doctor suggests it, get your mammogram, do the early screening. Cancer is life changing and scary as shit.

Cancer teaches you what is important and what is not.
    Last edited by Trackhead; 10-27-2022 at 09:12 AM.

+++VIBES+++

Best of luck on the road ahead.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))