Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1589

Thread: Fuck Cancer

Nice work ice. Now just watch out for arrows in the back and you should be golden

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Game Over View Post
    Got a CT scan yesterday afternoon. Doctor called immediately after I got home and said I have significant colon cancer that has spread to my liver. Also said I have a couple spots on my lungs.

Likely the cause of the back pain I’ve been experiencing.

I’m not really ok right now. I just hope it’s treatable.

Prepare for the worse and hope for the best.
    Holy shit man, hang in there. Hoping for some good treatment options for you.

Great news Otzi.

G-O- Sorry about the diagnosis. Ask questions, gather as much info as you can. Find the right doctors. M.D. Anderson, Mayo, Cleveland Clinic, etc.

Got a CT scan yesterday afternoon. Doctor called immediately after I got home and said I have significant colon cancer that has spread to my liver. Also said I have a couple spots on my lungs.

Well fuck. I hope it's treatable.

Game is not fucking over. Kick it's ass. You've got this.

Damn, Steep. Get after it. Treatment, no matter what it is, isn't fun. But like my brother texted me one day as I was walking into get irradiated yet again: "Head down. Push forward."

I repeated those words a lot of times the last couple weeks of treatment when it got really grim. You can have them now.

And thanks for the well wishes aimed at me, fellas, I appreciate it.

I got a CT like that 5 years ago this month (stomach, though). The spots on my liver yielded negative biopsies twice and some other stuff likewise. Hoping you get similar news. No one gave me much chance, either, but here I am. Get after it, man. A friend of my wife's has been fighting stage 4 for a few years now and plans to run in Boston next time around. Not so much a game, but it ain't over. Prepare for ups and downs, though. GL, reach out if we can help.

And congrats ice! May the next dozen go the same.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Fuck Cancer

Good luck, steep
    Hope you have a good team in place to help you get through this

So cement head is now called 'game over'? Either way, push forward.

Best of luck, dude. Let this be a reminder to get a colonoscopy. Had my first one a month ago, waited longer than recommended. One small polyp, benign. They said come back in ten years. The prep is the worst part, the procedure is a piece of cake.
    Go on Now
    crab in my shoe mouth

Congrats, Ice!

Steep, best wishes for a treatable diagnosis. Like Ice said, head down. Push forward.
    I still call it The Jake.

Haven't seen this thread in awhile. I guess I didn't want to see any bad news from the mags on here. I've had a few tough months and don't really want to go into everything.

Jen started a new chemo and bone builder. Both make her really sick. Like nasty chemo but hasn't lost any hair. Over Labor day weekend my mom passed from lung issues followed by my dad 17 days later. None of this shit seems real. I'm scared to death I'm going to lose Jen within a year or so.

Thse still fighting, keep it up! I know its not easy but a good attitude can go a long ways.

Skipper, can't believe that happened. What a fucking. And the other guy went weeks with the shit still growing.

Dan, Ruby must one tough little girl to have to go through everything she has. More surgery is not easy.

Last week found out a friends son has cancer. He's just over 30 and has turned his life around from booze and drugs. Had a baby a year or so ago. Now has testicular cancer like Lance Armstrong. Very aggresive.

Sorry for the rambling. Sorry for your losses and diagnoses. Not much else to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Millsie1 View Post
    Jen started a new chemo and bone builder. Both make her really sick. Like nasty chemo but hasn't lost any hair. Over Labor day weekend my mom passed from lung issues followed by my dad 17 days later. None of this shit seems real. I'm scared to death I'm going to lose Jen within a year or so.
    I am so incredibly sorry

Oh man, steep and Millsie…. No words.

Makes all the shit most of us deal with seem almost trivial...

Vibes to those in tough situations. Happy for those who are getting good news.

Friend of mine just found out her breast cancer has returned after 5 years. Now headed to Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Best of luck, dude. Let this be a reminder to get a colonoscopy. Had my first one a month ago, waited longer than recommended. One small polyp, benign. They said come back in ten years. The prep is the worst part, the procedure is a piece of cake.
    Go on Now
    Had my second colonoscopy this year. Had 3 benign polyps which were removed. One thing I learned this time around (after looking up the definitions of all the words in the report and reading the literature provided by the doctor) was that the most common kind of polyp is benign initially but USUALLY becomes cancerous if you let it go too long without removing it. MDs correct me if I got that wrong, but that’s my understanding.

Edit: from a cursory google search of the different kinds of polyps and their tendency to turn cancerous, I may have overstated this. The type that is. Most common is also the kind. Most likely to turn into cancer, it the percentage is about 5%, not 50%. At least that’s what I see now when I search. I still need to track down the exact literature I was given to read by my doctor. I’m lazy though, so could take awhile. End Edit.

That was a bit of a wake up call. Also, once you start having polyps, you need to have colonoscopies more frequently. They want me to come back in 3 years.

Another tip, guys get a checkup every year, including a PSA test, along with the other usual blood tests. Prostate cancer is usually pretty slow to develop, but in my case it was particularly aggressive. Rabbit rather than turtle. Luckily, my surgeon was able to get it all before it metastasized. At least, my PSA level has been undetectable for over a year now post surgery.

I know a lot of you young bucks are feeling healthy and invincible. I felt the same way a couple years ago when my brother was warning me about his problems. I know I was thinking, holy shit, that’s awful for him, but I’m OK. Well, then it became my turn.
    Last edited by billyk; 11-17-2021 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    I hate this thread, I avoid it and am drawn to it at the same time. My best friend for the last 25 years of my life died of stage 4 lung cancer in July. Never smoked a day in his life. Just had a cough that wouldn't go away and got it checked out and boom stage 4 at 35 years old. He lived 7 years, 7 fucking years with stage 4, I honestly thought if anyone could beat it, it would be him. A marathon runner, skier, patroller, all around badass. We did our Avy 1 class together back in college. He was my go to backcountry ski partner from day 1, we have skied all the mountain west and Europe together. I've been in a funk since he died, put myself in the hospital the week after his funeral from a water ski accident, didn't exactly help my mental state. I'm sorry for all of you going through this whether you have cancer or one of your loved ones does. Sending my prayers and vibes to all of you. Hang in there.
    EASYDR, I know this message is coming late, but I feel your loss. Lost one of my best friends and skiing partner of 20+ years almost 3 years ago. Same exact thing. Non smoker dies of undetected lung cancer.

I am sending positive vibes to you. I hope your sadness turns to smiles this season when you hit your favorite spots and know a part of him is still there with you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GO, I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Treatment has come a long ways. Get in there and push and claw for yourself to get where you need to be to see the best MDs.

Positive vibes. It ain't game over.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Go on Now
    Fuck that. Go back in 5 years
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Thanks for caring, I’ll check with my PCP and see what she thinks.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Thanks for caring, I’ll check with my PCP and see what she thinks.
    I listen to my surgeon, not my PCP on how often, because she's the one that found pre-cancerous polyps this time. So instead of 5 she said 3. I started at age 31 due to family history, on PCP recc. 21 years later I just had my 7th scope in July. They've been at different intervals. Polyps every time, these are first ones that were worrisome. My dad was exceptionally lucky as his tumor caused enough blockage to cause symptoms, but didn't spread for some weird reason. They removed a foot of colon and he never had so much as a polyp after that. I'm going to be getting scopes on a regular basis until I can't anymore.

Right on
    crab in my shoe mouth

Go on Now
    Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Depends on the kind of polyp. 10 years is long for an adenomatous polyp, but OK for hyperplastic. Like you said, check with your doctor.