Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck Cancer

I used to rub one out before tests to help relax. Now it's just before important conference calls. Hope this helps.

Seriously, best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    OK my turn now. I found a lump in my boob back in November, and one thing very quickly led to another. Now on Jan 20 I have one boob and am headed to chemo on Jan 29. Fuck breast cancer. But I have an amazing husband (thanks Panchosdad) and a remarkable community in the Tetons. Plus great medical care at one of those podunk community clinics: Teton Cancer Institute in Rexburg and Idaho Falls. A number of sleepless nights and worrying finally found a diagnosis, so there's less uncertainty and a decent prognosis. A clean PET scan on Jan 12 gave some relief but I still have 18 weeks of chemo, then another 5 weeks of radiation. I'll go in as strong as possible and count exercise as my mental health therapy. Fuck cancer!
    I'm very sorry to read this. I'm glad your scan was clean. I'm wishing you and your family nothing but health and happiness.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

I've never been a volume poster on TGR. I've offered answers when I thought I could help and just read when I had nothing of value to share. But here goes it - Fuck Cancer!

Jimmy, ever easy to find on the slopes in his orange coat. Always wearing a welcoming smile, a great guy with a big personality and a bigger heart.

As one of two close friends who spent most winter weekends over the past 5 years selflessly helping me keep track of my kids on the ski hill, Jimmy became, as my kids say, "one of our people". Jimmy was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer in December and is resting peacefully as he continues to fight this awful disease with family and friends by his bedside. Jimmy and his family could use any prayers, thoughts and positive energy you could send their way.

The above paragraphs contain the sanitized version you can share on FB or a group email.

The reality is that he has gone from sitting in my living room after Christmas to being intubated and sedated in ICU in 4 weeks. It was as though he fell off a cliff 2 weeks ago. Last night I texted his wife and she told me he was mentally out of it and not himself. I drove over and immediately knew he needed to get to an ED. We assumed he was having a reaction to meds.

2 hours after arriving in the ED he was in the ICU. The confusion which led us to call 911 was soon followed by severe chest pain and great difficulty breatuing. It turns out the confusion was caused by an infection and nearly 6 liters of fluid in the pleural space of his right lung.

Tonight this gregarious fun loving friend lays in an ICU bed sedated and intubated sleeping peacefully while docs try to figure out if they can find and stop bleeding from the lung and treat the infection. If they can he might get a chance to start the targeted chemo he was to start today. Chances are that will not happen.

The last few months and especially the last day and a half has been heart breaking. My 9 year old twins and my wife love him dearly. The pain of seeing him suffer and knowing he will likely pass soon is overwhelming. Any and all positive vibes, prayers and thoughts sent his way would be appreciated!

A favorite of mine. Jimmy suckling wind after we spent more energy than we expected Billygoating our way around Snowbird last March.

Jimmy and my childhood friend Christian (we reunited through skiing after not seeing each other for 20th years) skiing with me and my son.

So FUCK CANCER! Thanks to the community for letting me share the feelings that are so hard to share when you are trying to "keep it together".

^^Prayers for your friend BC. Sucks.

This thread breaks my heart. Best wishes for your friend, BC13.

And fuck cancer.

Thanks Meadow and Yeahman...

Awww BC. I meant to reply last night but got too tired. My heart goes out to you and your family. Hard enough to fight this bastard when you catch him early. A good reminder to talk about things that matter as much as possible. 💟

Sent from my HTC6535LRA using TGR Forums mobile app

Vibes to Jimmy, his friends and family.
    watch out for snakes

Awww BC. I meant to reply last night but got too tired. My heart goes out to you and your family. Hard enough to fight this bastard when you catch him early. A good reminder to talk about things that matter as much as possible. ��

How are you doing after chemo?

Chemo on Thursday, felt OK Friday, bit then the nausea got ahead of me for almost 48 hours. Couldn't keep anti-nausea meds down, much less any food. Two hours on IV ringers and Zofran on Sunday fixed me right up. Now I can eat, etc, energy is back. Going to the gym. It's so cyclical. Strategizing ways to avoid ugly side effects for next time: dissolvable Zofran or a patch. Only 3 more of this nasty mix, then on to the biological array.

And did I mention, fuck cancer!

Fuck cancer. Beat its ass, salsa.

Chemo on Thursday, felt OK Friday, bit then the nausea got ahead of me for almost 48 hours. Couldn't keep anti-nausea meds down, much less any food. Two hours on IV ringers and Zofran on Sunday fixed me right up. Now I can eat, etc, energy is back. Going to the gym. It's so cyclical. Strategizing ways to avoid ugly side effects for next time: dissolvable Zofran or a patch. Only 3 more of this nasty mix, then on to the biological array.

Hopefully you didn't have to travel somewhere to get the IV Zofran? That would be miserable.

Thanks for the well wishes HS.

Were you taking the Zofran all day Friday and then the nausea got ahold of you? I assume you were, but just wondered if you waited because you were feeling better than expected Friday. Also, I wonder if your Doc could schedule you for IV Zofran/fluids if you experience this reaction again?

Remember to advocate for yourself. Often we don't want to be a PIA or viewed as being needy. Screw that, if you find something helps you avoid the physical and mental stress caused by treatments make sure you ask for it until you get a yes!

Best of luck with your treatment, you know it WILL be worth every stinking moment once you get past this disease!

Teton Valley Hospital is 4 blocks down the street. My ER nurse was in one of my avalanche classes a couple of years ago. And don't you guys fret about me and Panchosdad advocating for ourselves. Even sick I am opinionated and vocal. Love you guys.

They didn't give you ODT Zofran? They better!

Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    They didn't give you ODT Zofran? They better!
    Ummm, yeah. Live and learn.

With zofran make sure you are watching your bowel movements--it can be really constipating. Senna and miralax are your friends.

If zofran fails, low dose haldol or olanzapine can be really effective.

Every time I click on this thread and read a page I get a big lump in my throat

Fuck Cancer.

And did I mention, fuck cancer!

Good luck HMS! You got this!

My MIL and SIL both beat breast cancer last year. It’s stressful and scary even as a family member to go through it. I am amazed by how strong all you ladies and guys who fight it are. Badasses all around.

Lynn, thoughts are with you.

Just got off the phone with my older sister. She was at the hospital with my other, oldest sister.

Post Colonoscopy, mass found, without blood tests the Dr. was pretty sure it is C.

Same sister beat Ovarian C about 15 years ago. This doesn't sound promising. Started looking at flights to Atlanta.

Bitch of it is, oldest is special needs and always has been. She has no idea except that "her tummy hurts".

Crying as I type this.

So yes, FUCK CANCER.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Oh Randy me heart goes out to you. And to her, and to your other sister. Life isn't fair, death isn't fair, and cancer sure as hell isn't fair. All I can say is love each other and keep your sense of humor, no matter how dark it may get (your humor is pretty dark already). 💟

Dayum, hang in there NB!
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Lynn, thoughts are with you.

Just got off the phone with my older sister. She was at the hospital with my other, oldest sister.

Post Colonoscopy, mass found, without blood tests the Dr. was pretty sure it is C.

Same sister beat Ovarian C about 15 years ago. This doesn't sound promising. Started looking at flights to Atlanta.

Bitch of it is, oldest is special needs and always has been. She has no idea except that "her tummy hurts".

Crying as I type this.

So yes, FUCK CANCER.
    Never good when cancer comes back. So very sorry for you and your family.

JFC Nb, that's horrible. I'm so sorry to hear that. Fuck cancer.