Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Pure gratuitous evil.
    Proof that God doesn't exist. Sorry, Art.

Fuck cancer right in the ass.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Cancer needs a proper scroggin sans forplay
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

OK my turn now. I found a lump in my boob back in November, and one thing very quickly led to another. Now on Jan 20 I have one boob and am headed to chemo on Jan 29. Fuck breast cancer. But I have an amazing husband (thanks Panchosdad) and a remarkable community in the Tetons. Plus great medical care at one of those podunk community clinics: Teton Cancer Institute in Rexburg and Idaho Falls. A number of sleepless nights and worrying finally found a diagnosis, so there's less uncertainty and a decent prognosis. A clean PET scan on Jan 12 gave some relief but I still have 18 weeks of chemo, then another 5 weeks of radiation. I'll go in as strong as possible and count exercise as my mental health therapy. Fuck cancer!

Fuck cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Shit. Sorry to hear that but so glad you're on a good track and are coming at this thing with a strong attitude. Kick its ass. Take no prisoners. And if there's any way some stranger on the internet can help please ask. (Capecitabine?)

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    OK my turn now. I found a lump in my boob back in November, and one thing very quickly led to another. Now on Jan 20 I have one boob and am headed to chemo on Jan 29. Fuck breast cancer. But I have an amazing husband (thanks Panchosdad) and a remarkable community in the Tetons. Plus great medical care at one of those podunk community clinics: Teton Cancer Institute in Rexburg and Idaho Falls. A number of sleepless nights and worrying finally found a diagnosis, so there's less uncertainty and a decent prognosis. A clean PET scan on Jan 12 gave some relief but I still have 18 weeks of chemo, then another 5 weeks of radiation. I'll go in as strong as possible and count exercise as my mental health therapy. Fuck cancer!
    You go fuck that cancer up good. Keeping you and everyone in this thread in my thoughts.

This is a fuck cancer thread but if we really want to fuck cancer I hope we see more success story posts, not just the lows. My good friend, 38 years old, mother of two, just fucked cancer good. My mother in law beat breast cancer a decade ago, my mother beat the shit out of colon cancer. Super tough ladies who remain vigilant.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That's rough hms, I sincerely wish you strength, luck, and support.

Fuck cancer.

Short update: starting chemo on Thursday with the nasty stuff. Wish me luck, team.

Sent from my HTC6535LRA using TGR Forums mobile app

Short update: starting chemo on Thursday with the nasty stuff. Wish me luck, team.
    I wish you the best luck!

Pro tip: have your meals all arranged and ready to go before you go in for your treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    You go fuck that cancer up good. Keeping you and everyone in this thread in my thoughts.

This is a fuck cancer thread but if we really want to fuck cancer I hope we see more success story posts, not just the lows. My good friend, 38 years old, mother of two, just fucked cancer good. My mother in law beat breast cancer a decade ago, my mother beat the shit out of colon cancer. Super tough ladies who remain vigilant.
    Damn, hms; I just saw your post. Best of luck to you; you're strong as shit, go beat the shit out of those mutating asshole cells.

It now takes me two hands to count all the women close to me who've beat the living shit out of cancer: Wife, MIL, a few dear friends. Tough mofos, every one of them.

First day is the best kind of bad day. Nasty stuff is on your side and this is where you do your best fighting. Remember your antiemetics early if you're not using something...uh, quicker.

On my first day we'd gotten the talk 3 times about the platinum drugs and avoiding cold air/water. Even how a big breath of cold air could stop your breathing reflex for a while. End of treatment I feel a little weird, sit there waiting for it to pass and ask my wife for a glass of water. She grabs me some ice water and I had a whole mouthful before the needles hit. We both felt pretty stupid for a while, but partying in the chemo room is much like any other form of type II/III fun in a lot of ways. You just gotta go kick ass whether you feel like it or not.

Wishing you the best of luck and sending all of the positive vibes. If there is anything you need from down this way don’t be afraid to ask. I’m never opposed to a random trip north.

Hit it hard hms.

FooktheC
    watch out for snakes

If you want to fuck cancer hard and with a tonne of anger.....do something. Like I did as a patient and as a fundraiser. Get out and organize a "fuck you up" beer drinking party or get out and ride a century and raise some bucks. There is a great century ride at Lake Tahoe I've done twice now, both times while getting treatment.....and I wasn't the only patient out there. Of a 1000 riders....the total raised was over 3 million. Now that's some fucking shit. It's that research money that made my treatment less shitty.

Sent from my LG-H811 using TGR Forums mobile app

It's bullshit that you gotta go through this. Go kick it's ass.

Thanks friends (some of whom I have actually met in person, haha Flyover!) We have an incredibly supportive army of friends and a great medical team. You can keep up here: https://www.mealtrain.com/trains/k9mg9r/journal/ And as far as meals or other needs, I got what I need for now, including product from Colorado. Good reminder, Meadow Skipper.

And sure, flybooey, I'll get out there and do something powerful, maybe as a patient, but I have to recover from two surgeries and some pretty major drugs incoming first. I am deeply grateful for the ongoing research- survival rates for someone with my kind of breast cancer have increased dramatically with new drugs in the last 10 years.
    Still breaking trail through deep snow, but I got this.

I got this.
    Good! You go grrl!

U got this HMS!!

Fuck cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Still breaking trail through deep snow, but I got this.
    Hell yeah, you’ve been training your whole life for this. Keep crushing it like you always have!!!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

We love you
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Kick some ass hms- sending good energy

Good luck! You WILL make it through this.

Positive thoughts coming your way .... keep up with your sleep, maybe down some probiotics and NSAIDS.

So sorry you have to go through this. Its a club you never want to join but once you do, you will meet some amazing people. My wife has been through nasty chemo twice now and will be doing chemo for the rest of her life. Please let me know if you need to talk to someone that has been through this. My wife and I are happy to share. Rock some dorags when/if you lose your hair.

I'm actually writing a book on caregiving for cancer patients. Not near ready but happy to talk.

Good luck and keep us posted. Coming out the other side you will be stronger than you ever thought!