Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck Cancer

Fuck Cancer

I’m so sorry Ridge. If there was something to say to ease the pain we would have already. Things may never be the same but they will be better.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Aww man, I'm so sorry.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So sad to read. I am truly sorry for your loss Ridge. I hope you can find peace.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Stay strong Ridge! I’m so sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss Ridge.

Oh man, so sorry Ridgehippy. I never have the right words but I do have a big ol' virtual hug for you.

You both did your best for each other.

Vibes
    watch out for snakes

RH, I am so sorry for your loss. Life is not fair. Fuck cancer.

Integrity. I hope you eventually find peace RH.

Keep her legacy alive.

Death doesn't discriminate
    Between the sinners and the saints
    It takes and it takes and it takes
    And we keep living anyway.
    We rise and we fall and we break
    And we make our mistakes.
    And if there's a reason I'm still alive
    When everyone who loves me has died
    I'm willing to wait for it.

Oh man Ridgehippy, I can’t...there are no words to help here, but you have my sincere and deepest sympathy. This is so tough. I’m wishing for peace for you, family, and friends.

Ridgehippy, I'm so very sorry fro your loss.Glad you were there to help her through this fucking ordeal. I haven't lost my wife yet and don't know what I will do when that happens.

Found out this morning the cancer in Jen's brain is growing. It was pushing out the dead cells. 3 more rounds of radiation. Not sure how much more she can take. She worries more about me than herself.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Keep her legacy alive.

Death doesn't discriminate
    Between the sinners and the saints
    It takes and it takes and it takes
    And we keep living anyway.
    We rise and we fall and we break
    And we make our mistakes.
    And if there's a reason I'm still alive
    When everyone who loves me has died
    I'm willing to wait for it.
    Can I borrow this?

Pulling for your wife, Millsie.

Quote Originally Posted by Millsie1 View Post
    Ridgehippy, I'm so very sorry fro your loss.Glad you were there to help her through this fucking ordeal. I haven't lost my wife yet and don't know what I will do when that happens.

Found out this morning the cancer in Jen's brain is growing. It was pushing out the dead cells. 3 more rounds of radiation. Not sure how much more she can take. She worries more about me than herself.
    Millsie, thank you for your words, my thoughts are with you and Jen. She and my wife sound like kindred spirits, Gloria worried about everyone else before herself too.

There really aren't any adequate words for me to say. Be patient, be kind, be there ... I'm grateful that Gloria loved and trusted me enough to take care of her. That's something I'll always hold onto and I know I'll never regret as single second we had together.

Know that wherever this leads, you'll make it to the other side. You've got people who are keeping you in their thoughts every day. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Millsie1 View Post
    Jen had surgery last Thursday. Removed lesion from brain that was mostly scar tissue according to doctor. Have not heard from pathology yet. This is apparently good news. No new cancer. Another big scar to add to the collection. Home on Sunday but still feeling kind of off. Balance affected but should improve. Recovery should be a few weeks, fingers crossed.

This will probably be the last procedure. She is really tired of fighting this shit all the time. Never gets a break but is the toughest motherfucker I have even seen!

FUCK Cancer!!!
    Hey Millsie. The drug we've been talking about was just approved today. Tell her oncologist.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...-patients-her2

Found out today that two good friends are back in the trenches. One at 41 years old and on her second fight. Two small kids who went through this with her 4 years ago and now will have to again. Almost lost her husband to COVID months ago. She's super fierce but sounds defeated. The other is thirty fucking seven with aggressive breast cancer and a two year old. Just need to vent.

Any good news from anyone in here? I hope? All the best to everyone.

My wife had breast cancer when she was 38. Double mastectomy, chemo, etc. That was 14 years ago. Definitely a scary process, but think of how advanced the treatments have gotten in the past 10yrs.

My wife is definitely a trooper. The implants she received were recently recalled for...causing cancer. We were going to wait until next year as it wasn't a huge emergency. She went in for a MRI and one had ruptured. So, surgery two weeks ago. Not any fun, but she's still cancer free and healthy. (My short vent)

Good luck to your friends, they have a good shot at being just fine. Medicine is amazing now days.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Fuck, my heartfelt sympathies to Art and lowagriz. Major vibes.

I lost a wonderful friend earlier this week. She had a long drawn out struggle. I feel glad in a way that it’s over.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

These stories nail me. But like the man said, modern medicine is amazing.

Here's some good news: during chemo I had a dexa scan that showed osteopenia, so I've had 4 prolia injections, one every six months, on top of 18 weeks of chemo, a mastectomy with nodes also removed, 33 sessions of radiation, a year total of herceptin and perjeta, then another almost year of nerlynx.

In August I had another dexa scan, turns out my bone mass has recovered so much that I'm in the top 99% for my age group. MO says firmly in remission and he uses my story as a case study for newly diagnosed triple positive stage 3 patients.

So fuck cancer.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

I lost a great friend around this time last year. She started having vision problems and stumbling a month before her diagnosis. An MRI confirmed she had a DIPG. No course of treatment, no procedure, just the beginning of palliative care. She was diagnosed in February and dead in August. She was 17. Much love, Jane.

On the bright side, my old man's PSA has been drastically reduced and he starts treatment pretty soon.

Thoughts are with you all. Fuck cancer.
    Last edited by stealurface831; 10-16-2020 at 09:58 PM.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I lost a wonderful friend earlier this week. She had a long drawn out struggle. I feel glad in a way that it’s over.
    Aw fuck. Fuck cancer. So sorry man.

HMS, you go grrl.

Fuck Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    These stories nail me. But like the man said, modern medicine is amazing.

Here's some good news: during chemo I had a dexa scan that showed osteopenia, so I've had 4 prolia injections, one every six months, on top of 18 weeks of chemo, a mastectomy with nodes also removed, 33 sessions of radiation, a year total of herceptin and perjeta, then another almost year of nerlynx.

In August I had another dexa scan, turns out my bone mass has recovered so much that I'm in the top 99% for my age group. MO says firmly in remission and he uses my story as a case study for newly diagnosed triple positive stage 3 patients.

So fuck cancer.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk
    awesome Lynne

you’re an ass kicker
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post

So fuck cancer.
    FKNA!
    I read ^^^ and get the visual below - HMS is the guy in the Navy sweatshirt, cancer is the guys with batons and mace

Fuck cancer indeed