Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck Cancer

Thanks guys

I found out that he had a cat scan prior to the surgery an hour before and they found a concern in the lower urinary tract. My worst nightmare-ish

If that's cancer, he will probably need the kidney out possibly with the bladder at this point (and chemo). Chances of it being negative are slim

Sorry dude. My dad had his kidney out a few months ago and has been on a bag for years now. The guy has been beat up for the last 10 years or so and then we lost my mom 3 years ago and he had to figure out a new life after the 55 years they were together. He's had a rough stretch, I hope it's not like that for your dad. Go beat this shit...

My dad is a 20+ year survivor of bladder cancer.

Positive vibes for your dad D714!
    watch out for snakes

Jeez delco, I’m sorry to hear about your old man. I’m hoping for the best, and a speedy recovery for him.

Vibes delco.... I cant imagine being in medical field and having a parent ill with my specialty.

#fuckcancer
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Thanks for the support dudes. I think this is finally a corner in his story.. Not sure yet what's coming of it, but., something will.

I'm glad he's in best of hands, but it's tough being so far away.

Sorry to hear this Delco.

Vibes, delco. Best of luck to your dad.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Thanks guys.. I'll have more information within the week. I do have a trip planned right after I move into my house in 6 weeks to visit. I hope it won't be a somber one

hey delco - sorry dude. just another guy in this corner of the web wishing you and your family good thoughts and better days ahead

Gotta share some good news, my buddy is just back from Hopkins and he is in remission. His out look was not good but he has fought back. We even celebrated with beers.

That great, scott!

Delco,

Hope everything works out with your pops. It is definitely possible to know too much....
    In with the 9.

Some k00l research has identified tumor-specific antigens in so called "junk DNA". These antigens appear to be epigenetically supresssed in both human and murine tumor samples.

https://www.the-scientist.com/the-li...junk-dna-65657
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    Delco,

Hope everything works out with your pops. It is definitely possible to know too much....
    Surgery is Tuesday... Cystectomy with ileal loop conduit.. at least it's at MSK.. Whew

hope surgery goes well and recovery is swift and uneventful.
    In with the 9.

Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    hope surgery goes well and recovery is swift and uneventful.
    Thanks dude

https://www.facebook.com/notdoneyet2...77948558/?t=29

This q copy of the podcast I did last week. Shared my story of caregiving for my wife. Hope it came out.

About a year ago I mentioned in this thread that my older brother committed suicide because he couldn’t deal with side effects from prostate cancer treatment.

Now my younger brother has cancer - stage 4 melanoma and bone cancer. He is still walking around (barely) but has lost a lot of weight. He’s down to 140 lbs from about 200 a few years ago.

He can’t work any more. He’s worked at blue collar jobs all his life, but doesn’t have any insurance or savings. The county is helping him with medical treatment but he doesn’t have much for living expenses. I’ve given him some money, and will continue to do that, but there is a limit to what I can do by myself. He’s set up a gofundme account if anyone is feeling generous: https://www.gofundme.com/diagnosed-w...nd-bone-cancer

The picture on that page is from a few years back. He looks much worse now, like the pictures you see of WWII concentration camp survivors.

He was never a skier, but he did ride bicycles. He did a long distance ride from Brownsville to Houston one summer when he was still in high school.

Jesus, billy, that's horrible. I'm so sorry.

I’m always scared to click on this thread.

Vibes to billyk’s bro and family.

Oh billyk that's terrible. Hang in there man.

Pulling for your brother and family.

Stay strong billyk! like Mazderati said we are all pulling for you and your family.

Thanks guys. It’s a shitty situation, and I can only imagine it will get worse as he gets more incapacitated.

For the last 25 years or so, he’s worked for a couple who have an appliance repair business, and lived in an apartment they own. They have been super generous with him, letting him live in the apartment rent free after he was no longer able to work, but I don’t know how long that can last.

I’ve offered to have him come live with me, but he would lose all the medical help he is getting from the county if he did that.

Well, guess we’ll just have to take this one step at a time. Thanks again for the vibes and generousity.