Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck Cancer

I never check this thread either. Let me know if you need anything and I'll cruise by.

Glad your diet advanced. "Clears" is no fun.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    I never check this thread either. Let me know if you need anything and I'll cruise by.

Glad your diet advanced. "Clears" is no fun.
    Thanks!

Glad to hear you are doing well and recovering MS, you are on my short list of mags I would like to meet up with some day.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Count me as yet another who doesn't check into this thread often, but saw it bumping up several times today.
    Best of luck to you and a speedy recovery MS.
    And yeah, fuck cancer.

Damn Bob. Just saw this. Glad they got it. Heal up, amigo! New grandkid to tend to!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Damn Meadowskipper, good luck and congrats on being home! Looks like they moved quick on it? Of all the shitty things to get good at. Sorry man!

I was just thinking to check this thread re: Millsie, too--hope Jennifer has been getting better news.

Best wishes for you meadowskipper
    Fuck cancer

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Damn Meadowskipper, good luck and congrats on being home! Looks like they moved quick on it? Of all the shitty things to get good at. Sorry man!

I was just thinking to check this thread re: Millsie, too--hope Jennifer has been getting better news.
    Jono, thank you! We're in a holding pattern for now. Waiting for MRI end of February. Oncologist said the markers were down from the blood work this week.

Keep up the good work, MS! Plenty of people to talk to on here if you need/want to.

Berko, it was a pleasure talking with you and thank yo for the kind words!

Best wishes for your recovery, MS.

Pleasure was all mine. Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I had my cancerous tissue surgically (robotically) removed yesterday, this is my view at the moment, get me the fuck out of here:
    Attachment 265068

Fuck cancer.
    Care to share? I do robotic surgery. Urology

Best recovery, man!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You do know that more orgasms in the past might have prevented this right? Not to rub it out. Err, in.
    Seriously. The boys up in Harvard have too much time studying that. When the article landed, we got a kick. To the right patient, I mention it time to time haha

Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    Care to share? I do robotic surgery. Urology

Best recovery, man!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52BAC325-9B90-46FE-89D1-F8C139D273E5.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	556.8 KB 
ID:	266325

Check the razor burn above the dressings. I don’t remember a fucking thing about the procedure, thank dog. They also took care of a small inguinal hernia (got a procedure twofer!) while they were in there, which helps account for the number of incisions.

I’ve been on the mend for just over a week now, better every day. At least until I developed a cold, which seems like an expected thing when you spend a night in a hospital. The problem with the cold is that sneezes and coughs hurt the gut cuts like a bitch. Also it came on just as I was tapering off the narcotics, so it was a major PITA. But a number of friends have stepped up with food deliveries, which would be great if I had a better appetite.

Follow-up visit with the doc on Monday. I’ll know more then.

Fuck cancer, just fuck it.

Check the razor burn above the dressings. I don’t remember a fucking thing about the procedure, thank dog. They also took care of a small inguinal hernia (got a procedure twofer!) while they were in there, which helps account for the number of incisions.

I’ve been on the mend for just over a week now, better every day. At least until I developed a cold, which seems like an expected thing when you spend a night in a hospital. The problem with the cold is that sneezes and coughs hurt the gut cuts like a bitch. Also it came on just as I was tapering off the narcotics, so it was a major PITA. But a number of friends have stepped up with food deliveries, which would be great if I had a better appetite.

4 instruments and a camera plus the drain!
    Hernia probably repaired internally.. your insurance got the Twofer too haha.

Make sure you carry around a small dense splint pillow for the sneezes coughs and rigorous farts!

Oh yeah, one weird thing was how I was internally inflated with air to give the instruments room to work. When I was stumbling around my house wasted on narcs, the shifting of pockets of air freaked me out until I figured out what it was. I thought my organs were on the move.

<snip> which would be great if I had a better appetite.
    If only there was some natural substance that helped with appetite... hmmm... I'll have to think on this. There has GOT to be something.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    If only there was some natural substance that helped with appetite... hmmm... I'll have to think on this. There has GOT to be something.

Heh. YMMV, but in my case couchlock>munchies. I couldn't quite get hungry enough to get up. Getting better with that now.

Friend of mine has this same procedure. He said it looked like he got shot 5 times! He is starting radiation soon for additional treatment.

SW recovery takes a while. Don't rush it.

Heh. YMMV, but in my case couchlock>munchies. I couldn't quite get hungry enough to get up. Getting better with that now.
    Yeah - with the stronger modern stuff... you gotta kinda plan. I try to make sure that my nachos and green chile are ready to roll.

Oh yeah, one weird thing was how I was internally inflated with air to give the instruments room to work. When I was stumbling around my house wasted on narcs, the shifting of pockets of air freaked me out until I figured out what it was. I thought my organs were on the move.
    You'll digest the rest of the air soon enough. I really try to get all that out before I close the wounds

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You do know that more orgasms in the past might have prevented this right? Not to rub it out. Err, in.
    Thanks, I got this.

My friends and work buddies are stepping up nicely.
    NTTIAWWT

Then:

Now:

Name:	F51AA549-6827-4762-AE5E-B1C2157D1030.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	421.5 KB 
ID:	266919

Not bad, it’ll look better when the hair grows back. Cancer-free now, just a little diagnostic issue that I might discuss after I talk with a lawyer.

Then:

Now:

Name:	F51AA549-6827-4762-AE5E-B1C2157D1030.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	421.5 KB 
ID:	266919

Not bad, it’ll look better when the hair grows back. Cancer-free now, just a little diagnostic issue that I might discuss after I talk with a lawyer.
    Looks good dude! Might always have a little pucker on the center punch though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

You got way tighter abs than my 46 year old boyfriend.
    Looking good!!!

Went to a new derm today. He tele skis and flyfishes.

Him-Mr Fugi it sure isnt hard to tell where your funky mole was. You look good for 9 years post op.
    Me-FKNA!
    Him-See you on the mountain!
    Me-not if I see you first!

Looking good MeadowSkip...
    Good luck errybuddy

FUCK CANCER!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?