Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1528

Thread: Fuck Cancer

Nice D!

It’s great when there’s good news in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Kid is 12 and a solid skier, can ski anything. I’m 51 and slowing down. I told him I’m kicking his ass this year skiing. It’s my last chance to do so as I teeter towards geriatric and he gets stronger. But it’s also my first year on resort gear, I’ve been on two buckle boots and carbon fiber skis/race bindings every year I’ve skied with him. Not anymore punk!

I’m so excited for this winter.
    At 12 you can crush him. You got this.
    2 years ago I confessed to my boys they had the old man beat.
    I can beat them down the mountain but they drop airs that I won’t anymore.

Congrats on the good test
    Fuck cancer
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Abe, mofro - my heart really goes out to both of you.
    Hope youíre taking some time for yourselves thru this incredibly stressful situation.

And csprings, hope your wife is hanging in there.
    As trite as it may sound, a very sincere +1 to what TBS said. Best to all of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Taking nothing away from these tragic stories, but cancer also snagged my wonderful neighbor last week. She had been battling brain cancer for FIFTEEN YEARS. She was totally bedridden for the last 3 and her frail husband had to manage everything including using a lift to get her on the toilet. If she fell, heíd call me to help her because he was too weak. This lady was once a great mind, a true scholar, and here she is half naked with a relative stranger helping pull her off a bathroom floor.

My neighbor asked me to come over last week and I expected the same situation. Instead, she had just passed and he was by her bed when I came in. He honestly didnít know what to do or who to call.

I hate to say that the yoke is released from this fellow and his wife. I had heard he was a sculptor and for the first time in my three years here, I saw him building a sculpture on the side of his house yesterday. Maybe in remembrance of her or maybe just to create, anything, once again. RIP Cathy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Man, thatís so tough to read. I hope your neighbor and his Cathy are at peace.

Just got my essentially 1 year post chemo (Hodgkins Lymphoma) scan and it was all clear. Sat in the ski shop parking lot hitting refresh on the patient portal app until my results showed up, then promptly walked in the ski shop and bought new boots/bindings/skis (first resort set up in 30 years). Looking forward to the ski season, last year I was pretty weak from chemo.

Thanks to all the maggots who offered encouragement and free lift tickets over the past year. It's been a rollercoaster.

Was so anxious for the last couple months leading up to today, but now a sigh of relief before hopefully a great winter skiing with my best friend, my son.
    That last paragraph, right there, thatís why I read this thread anymore. So happy for you TH!
    I still call it The Jake.

Kid is 12 and a solid skier, can ski anything. Iím 51 and slowing down. I told him Iím kicking his ass this year skiing. Itís my last chance to do so as I teeter towards geriatric and he gets stronger. But itís also my first year on resort gear, Iíve been on two buckle boots and carbon fiber skis/race bindings every year Iíve skied with him. Not anymore punk!

Iím so excited for this winter.
    ++++
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Woot woot!!

A little late to the party but fuck yeah TH! This type of thing is so good to hear, especially when you are right in the middle of the long fight.

My wife had surgery yesterday and now we do the waiting for the pathology results. I showed her your message and she just smiled. Hoping for the same good news when we get her results back.

Nice, TH. Keep on keepin on.

Ya know what kinda sucks -not as bad as cancer sucks, but it sucks anyways - is cancer brain. Everything's cancer, even when you know it's not, because you don't know, so it could be, and somewhere in your brain (my brain, at least) that gets converted to "it's cancer again". The whole thing's not good. I'm trying not to be that way but it's hard. For me it's the uncertainty, which leads to worry.

When I actually had cancer and knew it, it was bad of course but at least there was some certainty, there was a program and a protocol and there was no point worrying, I just did what I had to do. But this unfounded hovering dark cloud of worry that pops up, it's no bueno. I don't really see a way to get past it for good, it's just like a big game of whack-a-mole. But it's better than cancer, so whatever.

Just got my essentially 1 year post chemo (Hodgkins Lymphoma) scan and it was all clear. Sat in the ski shop parking lot hitting refresh on the patient portal app until my results showed up, then promptly walked in the ski shop and bought new boots/bindings/skis (first resort set up in 30 years). Looking forward to the ski season, last year I was pretty weak from chemo.

Thanks to all the maggots who offered encouragement and free lift tickets over the past year. It's been a rollercoaster.

Was so anxious for the last couple months leading up to today, but now a sigh of relief before hopefully a great winter skiing with my best friend, my son.
    Nice!

Today is the 28th anniversary of my mom passing due to breast cancer. She was only 56. Still sucks.

Ugh thatís young. Vibes

Fuck Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Today is the 28th anniversary of my mom passing due to breast cancer. She was only 56. Still sucks.

Sorry, 54. Way too young. Now that I have young kids, the thought of a parent passing is crazy real / tragic. Vibes for losing a parent at such an early age.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Ųtzi View Post
    Nice, TH. Keep on keepin on.

Ya know what kinda sucks -not as bad as cancer sucks, but it sucks anyways - is cancer brain. Everything's cancer, even when you know it's not, because you don't know, so it could be, and somewhere in your brain (my brain, at least) that gets converted to "it's cancer again". The whole thing's not good. I'm trying not to be that way but it's hard. For me it's the uncertainty, which leads to worry.

When I actually had cancer and knew it, it was bad of course but at least there was some certainty, there was a program and a protocol and there was no point worrying, I just did what I had to do. But this unfounded hovering dark cloud of worry that pops up, it's no bueno. I don't really see a way to get past it for good, it's just like a big game of whack-a-mole. But it's better than cancer, so whatever.
    Iím the same way. I work in healthcare so Iím even more neurotic. My primary disease was left axillary so itís easy to monitor with ultrasound. I probably examine myself with ultrasound every week to two weeks. All my coworkers know exactly what I am doing as I shell the machine into the bathroom. Last week I got all lubed up and looked at cervical, axillary, hepatic, and inguinal nodes. Ridiculous.

I always get all these psychosomatic symptoms for a month leading up to surveillance scans, then they go away with good results.

I think cancer survivorship might be harder than the chemo.

Iíd be fine with dying at age 70, after a chance to see my kid become an adult. Not afraid of dying, afraid of how it would impact my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Sorry, 54. Way too young. Now that I have young kids, the thought of a parent passing is crazy real / tragic. Vibes for losing a parent at such an early age.
    Thanks, Dudes. Silver lining was learning that life is too short. Iíve spent the last 28 years enjoying the journey because nothing is promised. Do things with people you love and often.

Want to share some good news for this thread. We found out today that my wife had a pathological complete response to chemo, which means when they tested the tissue and lymph node removed from her breast there was no sign of cancer. She started with a 4.5 cm tumor, and after 12 rounds of chemo, it looks like the cancer is gone.

She still has to do radiation and a year of antibody infusions, but this is the result we have been hoping and praying for.

Great update cspring, and best wishes for everyone else in here going through this shit.

Fuck yeah! So happy for the uplifting test result.

Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    Want to share some good news for this thread. We found out today that my wife had a pathological complete response to chemo, which means when they tested the tissue and lymph node removed from her breast there was no sign of cancer. She started with a 4.5 cm tumor, and after 12 rounds of chemo, it looks like the cancer is gone.

She still has to do radiation and a year of antibody infusions, but this is the result we have been hoping and praying for.
    Fuck yeah, CSP!

Win some loose some.

Adios to good buddy Gary.

Fookucancer.
    watch out for snakes

Outfuckingstanding!

NED - No evidence of disease, those words are so awesome. Hopefully the radiation/infusions are easier and you guys can get some relief from the suffering.

Amazing cspring! I can only imagine how that felt to receive such great news.

Hell yeah CS, congrats. Sorry to hear about your friend SB.

My cousin has (or maybe, had) bladder cancer. It was early, they excised it, supposeedly he's in good shape but they put him on a 3-year regimen of BCG infusions, which have been rough on him. There's a global shortage of BCG, apparently it's almost impossible to get. He just finished year 1 of the 3 years, and they told him he's done. Yay?

Fuck cancer.

Just fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Amazing cspring! I can only imagine how that felt to receive such great news.
    I literally feel like I won the lottery. I will never be able to repay the people on this board that reached out and helped guide me through this, but in the words of TrackHead, there is nothing I won't do for a cancer patient or their family. Hopefully I have the opportunity to help others they way I was helped!