Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1578

Thread: Fuck Cancer

That’s rough man. Get your colonoscopy people if you’re waffling. Don’t wimp out and choose Cologuard, if something shows up you have to get the scope anyway. The prep and procedure aren’t bad.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hard road indeed Trackhead. Wishing you good fortune on this.

Wishing you all the best, Trackhead. Love the grom climbing pic. Hoping for better days ahead for you and yours.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    That’s rough man. Get your colonoscopy people if you’re waffling. Don’t wimp out and choose Cologuard, if something shows up you have to get the scope anyway. The prep and procedure aren’t bad.

Yeah the little bit of primary care I do my cancer screening speeches hold more weight these days. Like “see this bald ass head of mine, that’s from chemo.,,,so, should we send a referral for colonoscopy?”

Damn D, I’m sorry to hear that. Hoping for the best possible road ahead for you. I’m sure you’ll be back to crushing in no time.

Sending strength and endurance as well as optimism. Showdown is so much fun; you'll be back

Vibes Track and appreciate your testimony. Kick cancer's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Damn D, I’m sorry to hear that. Hoping for the best possible road ahead for you. I’m sure you’ll be back to crushing in no time.
    Crushing is unlikely. Breathing and a pulse is the goal, and seeing my kid grow up a bit. If I can pseudo keep up with my son on skis I’ll be happy. He’s going to out climb me next summer. But hey, that’s every dads goal, right?

I am holding on to 8 BS Buddy passes. At least 1 has your name if you want it.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Damn, TH, pulling for you and your family.

tough to read. Wishing you and your family the best.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I am holding on to 8 BS Buddy passes. At least 1 has your name if you want it.
    If I’m healthy enough (I think I will be) I might take you up on that and I can’t tell you how much I’d appreciate it. I’m not in the poor house too bad, but it would be awesome. Jonesing to see my kids face when hops on that tram…..one way or another it’s gonna happen. Then dirt bag somewhere in the truck camper and head to Jackson. That’s my spring goal.

I will add that I think it’s important to know that while chemo is horrible and makes you progressively weaker, you can still live a little on the good days. First pic is on sighting new route to me (pretty moderate grade) halfway through chemo. Easy route pre-chemo, but huge mental achievement for me. Second pic is riding a 6 mile 1700ft climb and 10 mile descentwith brother and my kid last week. I thought I’d only do the first mile. Yeah I was crawling up, but again, a small win. Kid had covid that day (was just getting sick) we didn’t know. Somehow nobody else got it.

Name:  1CAA540F-3EF9-4359-9021-5E85C470C489.jpeg
Views: 299
Size:  133.5 KB

Name:  78D0AC16-0785-40FA-91D1-6C9E6F6DF823.jpeg
Views: 297
Size:  126.8 KB

Fuck Cancer

fuck Trackhead

damn it
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Attachment 431433

Cancer teaches you what is important and what is not.
    Vibes to you and your family. Not really sure what else to say but felt like I needed to say it.

Next week will be 10 years since I lost my dad to leukemia at 51. As hard as it has been, I'm more thankful than ever for the childhood I had thanks to him.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Vibes to you and your family. Not really sure what else to say but felt like I needed to say it.

Next week will be 10 years since I lost my dad to leukemia at 51. As hard as it has been, I'm more thankful than ever for the childhood I had thanks to him.
    Not much to say…everyone suffers or has life tragedy, it’s inescapable. It’s hard but I’m not dead yet.

Not much to say…everyone suffers or has life tragedy, it’s inescapable. It’s hard but I’m not dead yet.
    You said it. Keep your head up.

I cannot count how many times in this life I’ve muttered your mantra to myself….. “ when in doubt go higher“. Thanks for that little bit of wisdom from the old days.

Stay strong.

Very sorry to read this Trackhead. Vibes for a solid recovery and many more years with your family.

If I’m healthy enough (I think I will be) I might take you up on that and I can’t tell you how much I’d appreciate it. I’m not in the poor house too bad, but it would be awesome. Jonesing to see my kids face when hops on that tram…..one way or another it’s gonna happen. Then dirt bag somewhere in the truck camper and head to Jackson. That’s my spring goal.
    De Nada, one for you and one for the grom if that's what it takes.

Best wishes.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Damn Trackhead. Vibes sent. You are a true maggot in every sense.

Yeah, bad shit happens to everyone, but fuck cancer.

Damn D! That really sucks. If you need a place to park the camper out place in SwanValley is within striking distance of Targhee and Jackson - full RV hookups too

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Vibes your way track. Keep her head up!

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Very sorry to read this Trackhead. Vibes for a solid recovery and many more years with your family.
    Being a healthcare guy, I know the statistics. Latest study published this summer for my case are quite good. I’m on a particular chemo with a new specific chemo that targets the specific cell type found in biopsy. In short, overall survival is about 94% over 8 years. Progression free survival isn’t much lower. Heck, I think every time I skied some line in the backcountry, or climbed some choss heap in the Canadian Rockies, or done sketch ice climb…probably had worse odds.

Thx for words of encouragement. It all helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    You said it. Keep your head up.

I cannot count how many times in this life I’ve muttered your mantra to myself….. “ when in doubt go higher“. Thanks for that little bit of wisdom from the old days.

Stay strong.
    I still feel that way. My wife encourages it. My oncologist was kinda blown away I was still climbing etc. If you feel good enough, why not?

Being a healthcare guy, I know the statistics. Latest study published this summer for my case are quite good. I’m on a particular chemo with a new specific chemo that targets the specific cell type found in biopsy. In short, overall survival is about 94% over 8 years. Progression free survival isn’t much lower. Heck, I think every time I skied some line in the backcountry, or climbed some choss heap in the Canadian Rockies, or done sketch ice climb…probably had worse odds.

Thx for words of encouragement. It all helps.
    We've never met but I do drive through your town almost every week on my way to/from Big Sky so let me know if I can deliver anything you need from Helena. Happy to do a dropoff or whatever if you don't feel like making the trip.