Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1589

Thread: Fuck Cancer

Keep up the good fight Trackhead. You are an inspiration.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Care to elaborate on what's wrong with Cologuard (or anyone else in the medical field)? My primary was cool with it since I'm healthy and under 50, with no family history of cancer.
    I work a bit of primary care and any time I can get a male patient to agree to ANYTHING it seems like a success. “Patient declines colonoscopy, agrees to Cologuard…..woohoo!” Small success We have these quality metrics tied to our income to some degree, one of them is percentage of patients who get mammogram/colonoscopy. Getting age appropriate men in for colonoscopy is always a challenge because they say, “well I’m healthy”. I said that too, now I have Lymphoma.

Cologuard won’t detect/remove polyps that could evolve into cancer. But it’s certainly better than nothing! Maybe go get scoped when you turn 50. Get a nice little Fentanyl/Versed buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Truck camper has a shower! Thx though. Love dirt bagging with the kid.
    Understood for sure. At least let me know when you're around, it'd be good to catch up.

Get a nice little Fentanyl/Versed buzz.
    Sold!

Good luck Trackhead, all the best to you. You inspired me to get my 1st colonoscopy. First appointment available here in SLC is May 10th, I hope I'm healthy meanwhile, ha. I probably should try Cologuard while I wait.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Good luck Trackhead, all the best to you. You inspired me to get my 1st colonoscopy. First appointment available here in SLC is May 10th, I hope I'm healthy meanwhile, ha. I probably should try Cologuard while I wait.
    I turned 50 last year, had mine scheduled but got Lymphoma first. Scheduling called me between chemo and I said “I think I’ll wait a bit on the colonoscopy”. No way I’m doing that during chemo. I will get colonoscopy after when appropriate and suggested by oncologist.

Cancer is always someone else’s problem, until it’s yours. Then it’s surreal and the “why me” kicks in.

I’m bald as fuck, and when I do feel well enough to work, it’s easy to convince patients to get cancer screening when their provider is bald from chemo. Get the fucking screening, don’t be such a pussy. Do it for your spouse/kids if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Understood for sure. At least let me know when you're around, it'd be good to catch up.
    Yeah will do. Have family down there. Maybe a slow bike ride or a hike…we’re old now, we can chill

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Sold!
    AltaView gives you propofol fyi. Had one last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    AltaView gives you propofol fyi. Had one last year.
    Yeah propofol is fun, too. For about three seconds, then it’s lights out!

Wow man just seeing this. Wondered where you went this summer. Best wishes and I'm close and single loser in a van w a ton of free time if you need something. Take care man.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Fucking eh. Byates just pointed me here. I never check this thread. Damn Trackhead. Keep on keeping on and thanks for your help in the past!!

My Ex-bro in law found out he had Stage 4 colon cancer about 10 years ago after his guts were really fucked up from a 12 hour MTB endurance race. Thank fucking god for U-Penn and their nifty proton laser. Shit saved his life. Get checked people!

^^^Thx I think I’ll be around a while. Rode 12 miles today, 10 yesterday. If we get snow, I’ll be skinning up easy terrain (slow, especially at altitude). I’m slow and anemic, but exercise remains nature’s best medicine, especially for the mind.

Name:  F1E551CD-70CA-4BDD-AA73-47D6D00F5CCC.jpeg
Views: 344
Size:  166.8 KB

Slow for you. It's all relative. As I mentioned upthread, that'd allow me to kinda keep up at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Slow for you. It's all relative. As I mentioned upthread, that'd allow me to kinda keep up at least.
    No man, like slow! This chemo you give people kinda sucks but I’m grateful for smart dedicated folks like yourselves for giving me a chance at skiing more with my kid.

I’m not really a fan of the saying “fuck cancer”, mostly because it feels like I’m being fucked by it, not the other way around. No matter the outcome, cancer is doing the fucking. That said, there are brief moments when I do think to myself “fuck this cancer”, and I go skiing with my kid, like today.

You can’t fuck cancer, it fucks you, hard. But you can make every effort to continue enjoying life any chance you get.
    Name:  6B9B9F12-365C-46F5-B392-E4ACB82C2AB0.jpeg
Views: 362
Size:  129.6 KB

Nice to see you smiling! Keep fighting Derek.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Nice to see you smiling! Keep fighting Derek.
    Thx Ron. Skiing with my kid is one of the most important things in my life. So yeah, I’m fighting for that for sure.

Awesome! Wishing you all nothing but the best. He needs his father. And where’s your helmet

Nice, glad you got out with the kid!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

#respect TH, slay that shit.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I’m not really a fan of the saying “fuck cancer”, mostly because it feels like I’m being fucked by it, not the other way around. No matter the outcome, cancer is doing the fucking. That said, there are brief moments when I do think to myself “fuck this cancer”, and I go skiing with my kid, like today.

You can’t fuck cancer, it fucks you, hard. But you can make every effort to continue enjoying life any chance you get.
    Hope you're using your sunscreen--we're expecting you to have plenty of years to get skin cancer if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Hope you're using your sunscreen--we're expecting you to have plenty of years to get skin cancer if you don't.
    Haha…yes I actually put some on. Thx for a bit of cynicism/medical humor. I love that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Wow man just seeing this. Wondered where you went this summer. Best wishes and I'm close and single loser in a van w a ton of free time if you need something. Take care man.

Same here.

Fucking love to see it. Hope the turns were fantastic. Keep at it man. Pulling for you.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

That’s outstanding

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear