Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck Cancer

Fuck Cancer

Didn't want to jack someone else's thread so I started this one. FUCK CANCER.

Lost a really good one today, mid 30's, young son, beautiful, loving wife, and throngs of friends that he cared about and we all, him. 3 weeks from start to finish, fuck this shit.

Fucking sucks.
    I still call it The Jake.

Ugh, sorry
    3 weeks is crazy. Cancer sucks.

Vibes Bro.. Fuck Cancer

I'll remember him in our prayers, only because I don't know how to give vibes.

It's a crazy coincidence you just posted this. We found out a few hrs ago that my brother-in-law has cancer. Doctors called him today, told him its not operable, and they're going to try and get it with chemo/rad. He and his wife are taking the kids on a last minute ski trip this weekend to tell them the news before he starts treatment next week.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

sorry for your loss. fuck cancer indeed.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm in - fuck cancer.

A cure for cancer was what I wanted to write in the "Dear Santa" thread. But that seemed a little somber.

Sorry to hear that news...FUCK CANCER indeed!

Oh man that is so sad. Seriously, fuck cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

It's always hard to lose a anyone, vibes to family and friends.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Yes, FUCK CANCER.

Too young.
    watch out for snakes

Yep. Fucked cancer.

#fuckcancer

Thanks, mags. Still have no words. Fuck this fucking bullshit.

Sorry Bmills. Shit. Fucking shitty.

My uncle got the diagnosis today, one day after his mother got her "diagnosis" and passed at the same time. Blind-siding bullshit.

I tipped a glass for my family and will for yours.

Praying dude. So sorry to hear about that. My mom just lost a good friend last week to cancer, wasn't anywhere near as young as your buddy though. Cancer totally sucks.

Is the family set up for everything?

Fuck cancer indeed.

prayers and vibes sent.

Lots of hard stories in here.

Vibes to all +++
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

^^^ This.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Fuck Cancer!!

We have made progress but are still so far from being able to consistently treat this affliction in its myriad forms. I know better than most people how devastating it is to lose someone this way. Before I went through my own ordeal I lost the woman in my life to lung cancer and was her primary caregiver throughout her palliative care. But I meet other cancer survivors all the time; it doesn't always have to end this way. After more than 2 years post-treatment for throat cancer, it increasingly looks like I'll die from something else.

Vibes to all affected.
    If it's too loud, you're too old

Sorry to hear about your friend, that sucks. I lost a ski buddy in his early 30s, it's shocking and so sad. My wife's aunt just had a mastectomy and is now facing weeks of chemo. Fuck cancer.

Lost my dad 6 months ago to cancer...I feel for you. Hang in there....vibes

Fuck cancer indeed.

I make cancer drugs and can tell you the future is really really bright for those who fight. Mourn today but take heart for the future.

FUCK CANCER

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    Praying dude. So sorry to hear about that. My mom just lost a good friend last week to cancer, wasn't anywhere near as young as your buddy though. Cancer totally sucks.

Is the family set up for everything?

Fuck cancer indeed.
    Family is setting up a crowdfunding site as I type. They should have no problem hitting their goals as he touched so many people's lives with his friendship. In other terms of being set up, I'm not so sure. Such a young family, and this bullshit came on so fast I'm not sure anyone was ready for something like this. Not that you ever are in some ways.

Prayers to everyone else who's shared their stories here as well. I'm hopeful for the future, but in the meantime fuck this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'll remember him in our prayers, only because I don't know how to give vibes.

It's a crazy coincidence you just posted this. We found out a few hrs ago that my brother-in-law has cancer. Doctors called him today, told him its not operable, and they're going to try and get it with chemo/rad. He and his wife are taking the kids on a last minute ski trip this weekend to tell them the news before he starts treatment next week.
    After watching four friends go through treatment, and reading more than once that most doctors wouldn't, at my age, no way. The treatment is what killed them, not the cancer. Nope, find a hospice and get it all in order.

Vibes to all. Sucks how it takes down the healthiest of people. I really miss two of them. I expected to be skiing with one almost every day and another biking in Europe in my old age.