Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Family is setting up a crowdfunding site as I type. They should have no problem hitting their goals as he touched so many people's lives with his friendship. In other terms of being set up, I'm not so sure. Such a young family, and this bullshit came on so fast I'm not sure anyone was ready for something like this. Not that you ever are in some ways.

Prayers to everyone else who's shared their stories here as well. I'm hopeful for the future, but in the meantime fuck this bullshit.
    Damn, that just sucks. Heartbreaking. Vibes.

My hygienist is losing her husband right now at 46. Two kids. Healthy (except for C) bc skier, outdoors person, etc. So fucking hard.

Get life insurance if you have kids. It will just make life just a touch easier for them when you're gone unexpectedly.

+1 fuck cancer

It's a painful reminder for us all to do the right thing; get that colonoscopy and/or prostate exam you've been avoiding, quit smoking, moderate drinking - heck, give it up, it's easier than dying.

My Dad beat C (Colon) when he was 50. That put me and my bros on a schedule to get checked at 40 and every 5 years after. We do it because we remember what he went through; it was not pretty and he was LUCKY, he's still with us today. He would have missed all of our college graduations, all of our weddings and 6 grandkids if he hadn't.

Do it. Do it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'll remember him in our prayers, only because I don't know how to give vibes.

It's a crazy coincidence you just posted this. We found out a few hrs ago that my brother-in-law has cancer. Doctors called him today, told him its not operable, and they're going to try and get it with chemo/rad. He and his wife are taking the kids on a last minute ski trip this weekend to tell them the news before he starts treatment next week.
    Today we learned that my aunt has cancer. Hysterectomy needed. Sorry about your BIL.

Thanks MMP.

So sad to hear all these stories. I give some money to the V Foundation each year. I think I'm making a bigger donation this year, putting each amount in various peoples names and giving them as gifts.

I also think we may have to change "Fuck Benny Day" at Magic to "Fuck Cancer Day." Sorry Benny, but this has got to stop.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

From my teens till now I've watched it take far too many who were undeserving of its wrath. My condolences BM. cancer
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Yeah, i will throw another fuck cancer. Been at my brother's side for six weeks. Listening to his labored breathing right now as he slowly succumbs to brain cancer at 34 years old.

Vibes to all the families who have and are struggling with it.

Lost my dad over 3 years ago and it went fast. Symptoms in Dec, diagnosis in January, passed on St Pattys day. Very rough ti see them in a state other than what you have grown to know. Whatever it takes, it is the time for any resolutions that may have been hanging around, but doing it in a loving way. Powerful stuff.
    Grieve a bit, and then celebrate their life thinking about the good times. Grieve the rest of the way however long it takes. Such a process.

Quote Originally Posted by Viggen View Post
    And to you & yours Mang. Peace

Yeah FU cancer. Lost my mom a couple of years ago. She got in a car accident and as precaution they did a cat scan. Although she was fine from the accident they found 2 lesions in her brain. Turned out it wasn't good. That was in January she was gone by April. She was a nurse and always talked about her friends at work and patients. Her funeral ended up being a bit like that last scene in the movie "big fish" for me. All these people I'd never met filling the funeral home and actually over flowing to other rooms.

P.S. fuck you cancer.

Family is setting up a crowdfunding site as I type. They should have no problem hitting their goals as he touched so many people's lives with his friendship. In other terms of being set up, I'm not so sure. Such a young family, and this bullshit came on so fast I'm not sure anyone was ready for something like this. Not that you ever are in some ways.

Prayers to everyone else who's shared their stories here as well. I'm hopeful for the future, but in the meantime fuck this bullshit.

Very proud to report since I posted this that the youcare.com fund set up for Daniel has broken the original goal of $50,000 and has since set a new goal of 100k. I know the medical bills from 3 short weeks from diagnosis to... Bullshit exceed that for a fact and I hope that we can make the new goal. It's a testament to what a great guy, father, and husband he was.

Making the long drive to make the funeral tomorrow. Fuck cancer, but thank God for friends.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Viggen View Post
    Indeed. And I'm very sorry for your loss.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

My thoughts and care to all that have lost ones or currently battling to cancer. We lost another great guy 12/10/14. Lorne Kalesnikoff. I own and operate an outdoor entertainment venue for off-road motorsport in North Idaho. During an open wheeling event, Lorne brought his truck down and completely slayed our courses, rocks, hills, etc. Lorne flopped his truck on its side and stressed some discomfort in his neck (no complaining or whining). He and his fiance took off back up to Canada/Cranbrook Medical and found out he broke his neck from a previous injury. As others have posted, this injury also brought to light that Lorne had cancer. This was 10/12/14. Lorne lived two months from diagnosis. Lorne was a true Canadian bad-ass. He was extremely nice, humble and would have given the shirt of his back and touched alot of people in the lower 48 wheeling community. In true Canadian fashion, he was incredibly talented with anything that had a motor. His fiance is exactly the same. Both are young and were ready to get married. In tribute, feel free to go to www.hickshow.com and watch Lorne and his crew rip up the mountains. I'm sure he is braaaapin' in heaven! RIP Lorne. We are all better people knowing you.

Do you think big pharma would contribute to a crowd funding campaign?

troll post, but hearing people say "researchers are inspired buy all these tough stories" is a complete joke. Besides the manmade things that are now causing a majority of cancers, man is making more money off treating cancer than eliminating the causes....

fuck you.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

There was a tight, solid group of people that I fought fire with in Alaska in the 80s into the 90s, and they were, and are, a bunch of tough fuckers. Running hotshot crews, big fires, working harder than hell and getting shit done out in the bush for weeks at a time. I just got word from one of them that three others are losing struggles with cancer.

Fuck cancer, it's become a central fact of my life.

+1000 on this thread.
    On related note:
    http://www.theguardian.com/science/g...d-cancer-rates

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    +1000 on this thread.
    On related note:
    http://www.theguardian.com/science/g...d-cancer-rates
    Bad luck versus behavior doesn't really mean much for most people. People either do or do not understand the behaviors that increase the probability that one will develop cancer. And while not all of those behaviors are known, the big ones are.
    Last edited by huckbucket; 01-04-2015 at 07:43 PM.

There is still luck. Everyone has that 90 year old great uncle that's been chain smoking camel straights for 80 years...

Sorry for your loss. Courage and best of luck to all the brave warriors battling this horrible affliction. And most of all...... FUCK CANCER! So sick of this shit.

Cancer fucking sucks. Cancer in kids really fucking sucks.

One of my daughter's class mates passed over the weekend after battling Burkitts Lymphoma for the past 9 months. Henry was only 14.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Best friend beat stage 4 colon cancer in January. Died 3 weeks ago (3/1/16)from unrelated causes.

He had this board made, we took it to Stevens and Alpental last month. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1458355862.656982.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	178491

That's a rad board. Sorry for your loss.
    I still call it The Jake.

That's a rad board. Sorry for your loss.
    Thanks man.

growing up Cancer was rarely heard of in my family and now its affected too many of us.

Cancer is big business and until profit is taken out the equation cures will not happen....I say this in bitterness having lost my Mom to Cancer and seeing Dad dealing with it.

I believe there are cures but its difficult know whats real and what is voodoo bullshit.

so yes Fuck Cancer