Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    One more report: I got a clear scan @ 3.5 years and my doc just told me 80% of recurrences for my cohort happen by year 3. Odds: flipped.

Not one of these goes by without wanting to declare victory, and then I remember Tate saying that same thing. Fuck cancer.
    Fuck cancer, but that’s good news. So far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    One more report: I got a clear scan @ 3.5 years and my doc just told me 80% of recurrences for my cohort happen by year 3. Odds: flipped.

Not one of these goes by without wanting to declare victory, and then I remember Tate saying that same thing. Fuck cancer.
    Fuck YES.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fuck Cancer

Today, my Dad was diagnosed with Grade 2 Nueroendcrine ATPICAL cancer in his right lung. Spread to most,not all, lymph nodes close to the mass.
    He ain’t young, hell.. I’m not young! But fuck, he’s never been a smoker outside of an occasional golf or fishing cigar.
    Anyway, if anyone has advice I’d appreciate it. Fuckin scared. I’m 1800 miles away and he lives in WI. The mother fucking covid hotspot!

From what I know the outlook isn’t great.
    If anyone has experienced this shit and has advice, I’m all ears.
    Fuck Cancer!
    Last edited by schwerty; 10-31-2020 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Spread to most,not all, lymph nodes close to the mass.
    CT scan or PET for those lymph nodes?

My back button just saved you from a real long reply so I'll summarize: really sorry to hear you're facing this, but stay positive, and keep him positive and engaged. Stay out of the many rabbit holes, your time will be too precious. PubMed and NIH have more info than a person can read on lots of subjects, most of the rest of the internet kind of sucks as often as not. Make sure you (both) keep doing normal stuff, particularly any kind of work that lets you have some control over life. Don't let it take over, and moreso don't let worry take over.

Good: movies "surviving terminal cancer" and "heal". Diet (at least when I was mid-party): beta and gamma tocopherols, grape seed extract, heating the tumor throughout chemo.

Bad: sugar, alpha tocopherol, forgetting to exercise or take the antiemetics.

I did chemo despite hearing how it wasn't going to help much. I did everything else I could find (that wouldn't interfere) too, because it's a growth race. I may have won--no evidence of disease so far. After 6 rounds of chemo and surgery I had a complete pathological response--no live cancer in my stomach, liver or the 36 nodes they took. After that they told me they're seeing this about one time out of 3 or 4--which is a lot better than the 4% survival at 5 years we discussed up front! Don't let the numbers scare you, stats are always backward looking and treatments are getting better all the time. Jimmy Carter beat it at a nice old age!

Be ready for some highs and lows. Good luck and post questions and updates! PM's welcome, too.

Congrats jono
    Fuck Cancer

Found out this morning before I finished my tea that a childhood friend died last night from cancer. 51 yo. I'll spare you the Jim Carroll video post, but I've already listened to it at 11. It's been a while since I last saw the guy. My sister is friends on FB with his little sister.

^Aw man, I’m sorry to hear about that, riser. That was young, and it being the holiday season seems to just make it harder. My wishes for peace for his friends and family.

And somehow I missed schwerty’s news. Good luck to your, your dad, and your family. It’s a fight, for everyone.

Schwerty, I missed this too some how, thoughts, vibes, prayers all headed your way. If you need anything while I am in the hood let me know. Stay strong!
    Jono, good to hear that you have managed to stay cancer free!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I some how missed all the good news in October! I love hearing all the success stories. But like Tate said remain ever vigilant. This shit does comeback.

Now for my news. Jen had an MRI last Friday. It showed one of the lesions on her brain is growing. After brain surgery last year, we thought we were good for awhile. Third December in a row for bad brain cancer news. Waiting to have another MRI in January to see what course of action to take.

Please, any of you that have fought the good fight, pay attention to your body. Any pain at all call your doctor.

FUCK CANCER!

Quote Originally Posted by Millsie1 View Post
    Now for my news...

FUCK CANCER!
    Sorry to hear the news, M. That's rough to get kicked 3 Dec. in a row. Hoping the Jan. MRI provides information for a clear path to treatment for her. I hate this disease. Hugs.

Personal good news: MRI yesterday for my son's brain was NED again. Every six months away from end of treatment lowers the odds that the fucking tumor will come back. Slept well last night for first time in a week.

I'm so sorry, Millsie

Damn Millsie, I wish for you guys to get a good outcome.

SorryBro, that’s great.

I fear opening this thread when it comes up, but I have hope too.

Fuck.

Dad’s biopsy report - he has the “high grade” cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

RANT TIME...

My son is doing great after his battle, BUT

** My cousin's stomach cancer is back after 5 years remission. Doctors say 2-4 months before it takes him. He's losing 10lbs. a week. Found out yesterday. Going to his wedding on Friday, which will be bitter sweet as he has been dating a great gal for about a 1 year, but now we are going to lose him. He has 3 kids, 3 grandkids, 2 brothers, and parents who don't deserve to lose a great guy in his 50s.

** My next door neighbor, who is the smartest, most hard-working guy I know, has stage 4 lung cancer and the trial drug he was on has stopped working and it's spread to his brain. Found out this news on Wednesday. They will try another drug that's in FDA trials, but it's not looking great for a survival of more than a year.

It seems like this fucking disease is consistently punching me in the face. So many children I've met in the brain tumor community haven't made it. I've had enough. So many funerals. Fuck this shit. I'm so angry to lose people I love and care about.

Hug all your loved ones and tell your friends/neighbors/co-workers how much you love them. /RANT

vibes, sb.
    fuck cancer.
    swing your fucking sword.

Aw shit, SorryBro. That is seriously shitty news. I’m so sorry to hear that.

Fuck cancer.

That’s rough SorryBro. Wishing your friends the best.

Brutal, SB. Hang in there.

Fuck cancer indeed

So very sorry for new diagnoses. Cancer is such a shitty disease.

On a good note, Jen's latest MRI showed no new cancer growing on her brain. Old dead cells were moving around. Even though she is doing pretty good, the effects of cancer and brain surgery have left some bad shit. Short term memory is almost gone. Even longer term is sometimes gone. One of these days I'm going to have a giant meltdown. I've earned and I owe it to myself!

Rollercoaster thread mimicking disease. Best of luck to everyone in the fight. And thanks for the update, Millsie, that's great to see!

Sending good energy to you, SB. Im so sorry.

And Millsie, good energy your way too. What a rollercoaster.

Millsie: Yeah, you’ve earned yourself a big ol’ meltdown.

I'm sorry SB. So glad to hear your son is doing well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Haven't checked in for a while but best wishes to all either battling cancer themselves or have close ones doing so for a positive outcome.

After surgery back then my wife and daughter (twice) are doing well so far so shout-out to everyone, there is still hope and never give up.