Page 30 of 62 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck Cancer

A little update on my brother. They held a charity crawfish boil for him at the biker bar where he hangs out. There was a good turn out including a contingent of “Warriors, Bikers For Charity”. It was like hanging out with a bunch of Hells Angels who happen to be really nice guys.

They raised about $5K for him, which should really help out. I’ve come to the conclusion that he probably has more friends than I do.

Good luck Billyk. Fantastic job on the Charity dinner!

I forgot to report that Jen's MRI showed the brain lesions are continuing to shrink!

Quote Originally Posted by Millsie1 View Post
    I forgot to report that Jen's MRI showed the brain lesions are continuing to shrink!
    Good news, Millsie!

Great news, Millsie! Pulling for you both.

FKNA!

Another MRI shows the lesions continuing to shrink! CT today.

Thought I'd post some good news in this thread.

Awesome!

Great to hear, Millsie.

Best wishes to you both.
    In with the 9.

yes!

Outstanding, Millsie!

FKNA Millsie!

Fuck yeah Millsie!

Yes Millsie! Huge relief.

On another note, anyone heard from F#@ck you Cat in a while? His wife was going through stomach cancer (I think).

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Damn

Can't believe Tate didn't make it. Too close to home for many on this thread. FUCK Cancer!

Can't believe Tate didn't make it. Too close to home for many on this thread. FUCK Cancer!
    No doubt- very close to home. So sorry to hear. And yet we persevere, all the way through the finish, right team?

Yeah we keep going until we can't.

RIP Tate. What a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    fuck.
    "Go Balls Deep!"

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    No doubt- very close to home. So sorry to hear. And yet we persevere, all the way through the finish, right team?
    All the way!!! Endeavor to persevere.

I hate to think of this thread but it's what I thought of right now. Friends of mine whom I've known for 45 years, oldest son was diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma almost five years ago at the age of 25. He was an avid skier, mountain biker, outdoors guy who I have known since his birth. Great kid who, following graduation, went to Aspen to work in the hotel industry and work at being a ski/bike/climbing bum. Our place at Schweitzer is across from his parents so I've literally watched him grow up and become the man he had become.

Some time after his diagnosis, he had a hip replaced where the cancer initially resided. He had a steel rod in his femur and walked with a considerable gait. He still skied. He still rode. All the way to the end. Today, I just returned from his funeral. What really struck me was his best friend, another kid I've watched grow up, gave his eulogy. It was moving. He had difficulty getting through it but he did and he did it well. It was really the first time that any of his group had been through something like this and it hit him pretty hard, as you would imagine.

The turnout for his funeral was huge. The church's parking areas were all filled and there were cars parked down the road in both directions for over half a mile. It was packed. Charlie's impact throughout a number of communities; his childhood friends, college friends, Aspen friends, and who else knows what was obviously huge. Friends from kindergarten to friends made just in the past little while along with parents and others were in attendance. I'm guessing well over 500 people attended. All affected by Charlie's death caused seemingly randomly by cancer. He had so much going for him and life was really just starting for him then this.

So yeah, fuck cancer.

Sorry for your loss, GoldMember. I just Googled Ewing's Sarcoma; WedMD says only about 200 people per year are diagnosed with it in the US and most of those survive. Some of us are just destined to lose the genetic lottery

If you want to feel a little better about the world today, Ruby's status is still NED (No Evidence of Disease).

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

If you want to feel a little better about the world today, Ruby's status is still NED (No Evidence of Disease).
    Hate to hear about GoldMember's friend, but stoked to hear this ^^^