Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck Cancer

A good friend just posted this on Facebook. I has the sads.

"Dear friends and family,
    I wanted to give you an update and let you know, again, how grateful I am for each one of you. It has been an extremely difficult winter for me. I have moved back to my parents house in Idaho Falls because I can no longer take care of the children. I appreciate the help of meals, child care, cleaning help, friendship, and all the acts of love and kindness that have been demonstrated to my family and myself. My body is preparing itself to go on a big journey and, unfortunately, I can not take any of you with me. ☺️
    My body is extremely tired and the cancer continues to make itself known. Although, sometimes the pain is unbearable, please know I am at peace.
    I am truly grateful for the compassion I have received and am honored to have such amazing people in my life. As none of us know what the future brings, know I will hold each of you in my heart forever ♥️"

^Oh man, the kindness and grace...

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    ^Oh man, the kindness and grace...
    She is remarkable.
    She is not even 40.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

That choked me up. Fuck cancer so much.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post

I wanted to give you an update and let you know, again, how grateful I am for each one of you. It has been an extremely difficult winter for me. I have moved back to my parents house in Idaho Falls because I can no longer take care of the children. I appreciate the help of meals, child care, cleaning help, friendship, and all the acts of love and kindness that have been demonstrated to my family and myself. My body is preparing itself to go on a big journey and, unfortunately, I can not take any of you with me. ☺️
    My body is extremely tired and the cancer continues to make itself known. Although, sometimes the pain is unbearable, please know I am at peace.
    I am truly grateful for the compassion I have received and am honored to have such amazing people in my life. As none of us know what the future brings, know I will hold each of you in my heart forever ♥️"
    rideit -- my Condolences to You and your friend. . .

VERY. well. written.

An angel for sure

With love. tj

Oh man, all choked up. Sorry rideit

We just heard from an old friend that they finally, after almost 6 years, figured out why her cancer keeps coming back in different forms and in different parts of her body. She's still fighting but it sounds like she's on the tail end of the long battle.

Fuck cancer

...killed my best friend

Gol dang,these last few posts are bringing the tears . . . thoughts and prayers to all!!!

A best friend is under going chemo at Hopkins right now. It's his last chance. He told me he hopes to get well enough to come home to die.

I am gonna call him later today.

She is remarkable.
    She is not even 40.
    I found out last night who wrote that. She has been fighting hard and gracefully since diagnosis. So close to home...makes me sad and scared. Blessings to her and Jed and kids, and to all of us.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    I found out last night who wrote that. She has been fighting hard and gracefully since diagnosis. So close to home...makes me sad and scared. Blessings to her and Jed and kids, and to all of us.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk
    Goddamnit, I just heard this last night and made the connection too. Her and Jedi have been so remarkably positive through this whole thing.

Was on the top of the skin track with a fellow cancer survivor yesterday.

Felt incredibly fortunate to be in such a place with another person who knows what an absolute blessing it is to feel fit and able and joyful again.

Wishing love, strength, and best wishes to all still fighting the fight.
    In with the 9.

That young woman has beachball sized lady nuts! There is a special place in heaven for the one's that have to go thru this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Sometimes this thread takes me a while, but this morning I realized something important: the third belly button is the source of much of my power. May yours be likewise, sir.

Best wishes to friends of rideit, homemadesalsa and all--that is such a message in so few words!
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Ruby had surgery last week to remove what appeared on CT to be her last remaining tumors. Pathology on the tissue removed showed no evidence of cancer cells

Yes! Go girl

That’s awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Deep breath to go forth into the rest of Ruby's life. We all get it, and are happy for you.

From my end: clean mammo on the 1 remaining breast. Onco says I am doing better than anyone else in his practice. Signed up for Pierre's again for August. Skiing deep powder and teaching avalanche classes again. Deeply grateful.

Fantastic news, Dan!

Jen had an MRI of her brain last week. Lesions are shrinking. Will know more in a couple weeks when we see the radiation oncologist.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    From my end: clean mammo on the 1 remaining breast. Onco says I am doing better than anyone else in his practice. Signed up for Pierre's again for August. Skiing deep powder and teaching avalanche classes again. Deeply grateful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Millsie1 View Post
    Jen had an MRI of her brain last week. Lesions are shrinking. Will know more in a couple weeks when we see the radiation oncologist.
    More great news!

So some of you may know. I'm a Urologic oncology and reconstructive PAC.. in Vegas now

My dad has bladder cancer. Has for years. I asked him why he had to choose the specialty I worked in.. Couldn't get something else instead? Lol

Well he had a very rapid onset on symptoms concerning for uti two weeks ago. Negative

He had a cystoscopy and they found tumor in his prostatic urethra and bladder base. Left him with Foley catheter and ureteral stent..

They are at MSK.

Not being there for him and my mom absolutely killed me this am. Being in with a patient when she called me to put me on speaker with the surgeon and I missed that call. Double whammy.

I have a wedding coming up in less than 8 months.

We don't need this shit

Fuck cancer

Damn man. So sorry to hear that. Strength and vibes for your pops and Fuck Cancer

Vibes man, that sucks.
    And as noted, fuck cancer.

Sucks. There's time to get a plan in place. Kick it's ass!