Page 22 of 64 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Brutal. Sorry to hear.

jono - It's awesome you beat whatever you were dealt. I think about that sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Goldmember, fuck man, that sucks. I hate weeks like that.

Fuck cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Sorry to hear^^^
    Thanks. Yes, hard to deal with right now. My first friend's wife is left with an 11 year old daughter who's inconsolable. The wife is a Kazakhstan immigrant with no family here and he was an only child with both parents dead. No family at all for her to rely on. I think they're okay financially but will need some help managing things for awhile. Really sad for them.

My other friend is also pretty inconsolable right now. He's a doctor and has seen a lot of death but always in a detached way. I don't think he was at all prepared to deal with it so personally. All I can do is give him someone to cry to. This is hard.

Damn Goldmember, I'm sorry. Good that they have you, but that is a rough go. Hope you're getting out--lending that kind of support has to take a toll, too.

Maz, thanks man--I guess I think about it pretty often myself, but more might be better. You see some of the best (and best of) people through this fucking disease. Always good to remember that (and them).

Chemo #4 update. M is taking this is strides. After #4 M's appetite has diminished significantly. Avocado tomato basil on toast is all she can muster. She went 3 days without eating anything. She is sleeping a lot. All said she is not going to let the Big C win. Her attitude remains positive. She swam some laps today at the rec center pool and has been spending time with our daughter. Which is precious. That said i am concerned about her health. She is really dizzy lately. Appetite is non existent. And lastly her chemo brain is coming up with some funny scenarios. On the way to the store she looked back to out daughter and asked is she buckled her lighting bug. Seat belt. This is just not like her as an English major and a master of Ed Psych.

I am praying that I get her back after all of this chemo. That said I am starting to get really scared that the chemo is hurting her mind and body.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Shit, tough times. You're in Utah? That sucks, because weed and edibles were what kept my wife’s appetite up (relatively) during chemo. Maybe a quick surreptitious road trip to NV or CO... Try calorie loading in the days and hours just before chemo? And let her sleep after.

This is heartbreaking, man. Vibes.

Sorry for your loss Goldmember, this sucks big time.

To all the others still battling the best of luck going forward and to those who overcame it mad props and congrats.
    My wife and daughter both successfully battled cancer away so far and their lives returned to normal thanks God.

Chemo #5 for M today. Which happens to be our wedding anniversary. Dumb luck. Anyway M's white blood count was low but not low enough to prevent treatment. She is in good spirits. Wants to be done but there is one more treatment left after today.

And yes she plans on sleeping it off over the next couple of days.

She said that she is craving Indian food. Goal today is to find a decent restaurant and have it waiting in the fridge.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k You Cat View Post
    She said that she is craving Indian food. Goal today is to find a decent restaurant and have it waiting in the fridge.
    You're doing a great job at going with however she is feeling. Chemo affects everyone differently and if she wants Indian food, get her one of everything and see what works. She's on the home stretch and help her to keep thinking about that finish line.

Much love and prayers to you on a rough day.

Well Katmandu was a hit. M ate the Indian food over 2 days. Her appetite is ok right now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k You Cat View Post
    Well Katmandu was a hit. M ate the Indian food over 2 days. Her appetite is ok right now.
    Good!

I've been thinking about all of you, especially you and M, FYC. Glad she can eat a bit and I echo what was said earlier about importing some edibles or vapables. Crucial for me during chemo. And my chemo brain subsided quite a lot in the two months since chemo was over, although I still find myself reaching for a word and flailing. Sense of humor is everything.

Goldmember I am so sorry about your friends. Community and support are huge. What a long rough road- glad you are there for them. But take care of yourself too.

As you all know from the pictures, I've been riding my bike as mental/ physical/ emotional therapy, and I entered the Pierre's Hole race on August 3 as much as a training goal as anything else. Well, I showed up with everything I had, and rode it as a race, not just a "go out and ride and have fun," although parts of it were indeed fun. I got 4th this year in my age group (3rd last year), and am deeply happy. Plus as of today I have 3 more radiation sessions to go. Done Thursday- hooray!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LW Pierres podium.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	179.7 KB 
ID:	243434

Great job hms!!!

That is awesome HMS! Well done!

HMS, you inspire. Keep that throttle wide open.

Strong work HMS!

Fantastic! Keep it up!

🤘🤘

i try to stay away from this thread because i have difficulty processing suffering. i just read some post from last month, i am saddened and hope that all affected from any form of sickness, pain, or mental anguish have better days and happiness, vibes to all
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    i try to stay away from this thread because i have difficulty processing suffering. i just read some post from last month, i am saddened and hope that all affected from any form of sickness, pain, or mental anguish have better days and happiness, vibes to all
    I have been feeling exactly the same way. And then I feel like a tool for feeling that way at all. Thank you for putting it so succinctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Right on Salsa!!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Done with radiation today!

And here's a link to an article from the Teton Valley News that came out today:
    https://www.tetonvalleynews.net/spor...8d0fa80f2.html

Fuck. Yeah. ^^^

Grrl, you made me smile.

Cancer is dumb.

That's what my 13 yr old son has been saying the past 3 days.

He was sick last weekend, at first we thought it was car-sickness then maybe a virus. Took him to the doc on Tuesday and they had him do a blood test. Doc called us Tuesday night and said, "get him to the hospital". On Wednesday it was confirmed.....Fucking Leukemia (ALL). Fortunately the odds are in his favor. As a father, I would gladly change places with him...which makes this hard....watching him suffer and he not realizing the changes that are coming. Example: He just said that the doctors will take his port out when he leaves the hospital. When we mentioned he'll have it for longer, the sadness in his face was heart-breaking.

#fuckcancer

good luck, gatorboy